Hartlepool fans
Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 31 July, 2017 08:24

Speaking to one of their followers yesterday. They are convinced they will smash the league. They have made a few additions and kept a significant proportion of players from last term. They all belive they where to good to get relegated and it was a case of poor management. Well they were about it for at least 2 seasons under a variety of managers.

Re: Hartlepool fans
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 31 July, 2017 08:57

Tighten the noose for those deluded primates, lol.

Posted by: frenchrover (IP Logged)
Date: 31 July, 2017 15:47

Now come on HKR, stop monkeying about!

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 07 August, 2017 09:25

Quote:
Higgosboots
Speaking to one of their followers yesterday. They are convinced they will smash the league. They have made a few additions and kept a significant proportion of players from last term. They all belive they where to good to get relegated and it was a case of poor management. Well they were about it for at least 2 seasons under a variety of managers.
right
Take it Dover didn't read the script then.😀

Posted by: Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)
Date: 07 August, 2017 11:28

How many of our fans thought when we came down we would walk the league? And how many Hartlepool fans who think they will this season will be mocking fans of established league teams who think they'll walk it in two season's time?

A little knowledge of this league shows it's easy to get promoted. But a lot of knowledge of it shows it's a nightmare.

Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 07 August, 2017 13:07

Quote:
BELMONT
Quote:
Higgosboots
right
Take it Dover didn't read the script then.😀

Looks like they got turn Dover

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 August, 2017 15:26

By a sole goal

Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 August, 2017 15:35

Pools new boss is called BATES

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 07 August, 2017 16:57

I think hartlepool will FLOUNDER in the NL and it will be an easy PLAICE for teams to pick up points this season and that will soon have their fans CARPing on about everything.

Posted by: Temple Road (IP Logged)
Date: 07 August, 2017 20:46

All good points HKR hope the grounds staff take note when we play them at PP and don't over water the pitch.

Keep the Faith

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 00:25

Quote:
Claytonne&Clark
A little knowledge of this league shows it's easy to get promoted.

Try asking supporters of teams like Luton, Wrexham, Dagenham, Cambridge, Lincoln and Macclesfield that, as none of those teams bounced back first time and half of those are still in it.

With 2 places up for grabs it's anything but easy and if it were, then Sontaran Commander Strax, oops I meant Gary Brabin would have p!ssed the league and claimed top spot within the first 3 games and bossed it to the tile with possibly 2-4 games remaining.

No league with a promotion aspect is easy to be promoted from.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 11:29

If only you had read the very next sentence Matt, then you would have got the context and realise I was making that point.

It's easy for clubs who don't know the league to think there are lots of weak teams in it, and wrongly assume that makes it easy to be in the top 2. All it actually means is it's unlikely that a well-run bigger club will be in the bottom 4.

Posted by: trfc-boi (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 22:53

2 played 1pt, not so easy is it :/

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2017 00:21

Quote:
Claytonne&Clark
If only you had read the very next sentence Matt, then you would have got the context and realise I was making that point

I did read that part of your sentence, but I thought you were mocking the standard of the National League, rather than describing how to get out of it.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 13:17

Losing again

Posted by: trfc-boi (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 14:42

It's going to take time to adjust, after 10 games might see different results, or back to back relegation !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net