Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 05 August, 2017 16:56

to me that sounded like truly woefully inept refereeing

Re: Next Up: Torquay United (A)
Posted by: Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 05 August, 2017 16:59

Quote:
BELMONT
Could this sending off be the pattern for the season for other teams, rough us up a bit to try get players sent off or stop us playing football. If it is it's seems to be working so far.

It was tried last season. Chester, Bromley and N. Ferriby spring to mind.

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 05 August, 2017 17:00

I've just looked at this refs stats. It appears that he refereed no less than FIVE Torquay home games last which I find astounding.

Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 05 August, 2017 17:00

Just seen a video of the sending off. First impression AND I COULD BE WRONG looks like a blatant elbow from Norwood and a deserved straight red

Date: 05 August, 2017 17:07

Quote:
2 the moon
Just seen a video of the sending off. First impression AND I COULD BE WRONG looks like a blatant elbow from Norwood and a deserved straight red

is there a link?

Posted by: Robbie126 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 August, 2017 17:08

With all the supposed fire power we managed zip! For me, as long as he's fit, Cook should start and I would play with with Alibi, not Norwood. I would leave Hughes on the bench as I dont think he offers much, no creativity. Sounds like the usual NL standard referring but we have to rise above this and make sure they have no bearing on results, the way to do that is to make sure you score!!

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 05 August, 2017 17:12

Quote:
Viking Tranmere
Quote:
2 the moon

is there a link?

I haven't seen it but the Torquay local radio said it was for deliberate handball?

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 August, 2017 17:12

No way to start my hols. Can't be grumpy it's our Ruby Wedding today !! Not her fault ?Come on Rovers!! SWA

Date: 05 August, 2017 17:19

Away from our game, Wrexham got 6100 fans, although they lost.

Date: 05 August, 2017 17:24

Quote:
Viking Tranmere
Away from our game, Wrexham got 6100 fans, although they lost.

shots win 2-0 with james rowe scoring from the spot on his debut.. daggers win with Michael cheek netting on his debut..in league 2, FGR and Lincoln both draw. luton score 8

Posted by: Onelastrover (IP Logged)
Date: 05 August, 2017 17:25

Quote:
2 the moon

I've seen it and it looks a pretty blatant elbow. As much as we'd like to blame the referee utterly pathetic discipline and the selfish braindead actions of two players have probably cost us a win.

What was promising at least is that even with 9 men we sounded like the better team whereas last year we crumbled after every sending off.

Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 05 August, 2017 17:29

Quote:
Onelastrover
Quote:
2 the moon

I've seen it and it looks a pretty blatant elbow. As much as we'd like to blame the referee utterly pathetic discipline and the selfish braindead actions of two players have probably cost us a win.

What was promising at least is that even with 9 men we sounded like the better team whereas last year we crumbled after every sending off.

Looking on the brightside it rather forces theselection of Cook and we will see hlow the defencecopes without McNulty....

Posted by: jonesy792 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 August, 2017 17:35

Ref was poor but disappointing lack of discipline from some individuals has cost us. Fortunately we got a point !

Date: 05 August, 2017 17:46

Quote:
Hoots Mon
I've just looked at this refs stats. It appears that he refereed no less than FIVE Torquay home games last which I find astounding.

5 torquay home games last season hoots?

Date: 05 August, 2017 17:48

our next 2 opponents woking n Sutton both got off to winning ways today

Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 05 August, 2017 18:05

Quote:
Viking Tranmere
Quote:
2 the moon

is there a link?
it was on the TRSA Facebook page. Someone was streaming the 2nd half. Skip to 39 mins. Think Ian Goodison at Bradford is the best I can explain it

Posted by: jonesy792 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 August, 2017 18:32

Norwood red card could be blessing in disguise. I'm really starting to think he's part of the problem rather than the solution to our present plight.

Misses too many chances and has other flaws in game.

I'd have started Cook and Alabi.

Whatever the issue is between Mellon and Cook it needs to be sorted. Put egos aside and start Cook for the benefit of the club.

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 05 August, 2017 18:52

I didn't go but I've said it many times, I'd shelve Norwood, and the red reinforces my stand point. McNulty is past it in my opinion too. Lots of games to come up in a short space, points a point.

Posted by: Robbie126 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 August, 2017 18:56

Quote:
jonesy792
Norwood red card could be blessing in disguise. I'm really starting to think he's part of the problem rather than the solution to our present plight.
Misses too many chances and has other flaws in game.

I'd have started Cook and Alabi.

Whatever the issue is between Mellon and Cook it needs to be sorted. Put egos aside and start Cook for the benefit of the club.

I think Cook & Alabi could be a dream team. Give them a bit of decent service and the goals will pour in. I also think Hughes is part of the problem, no creativity and caught in possession far too often. Norburn, Kirby and Jennings in midfield for me.

Date: 05 August, 2017 18:57

Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
Viking Tranmere
Quote:
2 the moon

is there a link?
it was on the TRSA Facebook page. Someone was streaming the 2nd half. Skip to 39 mins. Think Ian Goodison at Bradford is the best I can explain it

Thanks. Yes looked to me like a blatant elbow.
The amazing thing was the fans then chanting his name when he had cost us any hope of getting the 3 points. Him and McNulty need moving on.

Current Page: 3 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net