Current Page: 1 of 4
Match discussion: Woking (H)
Posted by: Total Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 13:51

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/08/2017 23:42 by mini_andy.

Match discussion: Woking (H)
Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 11:57

I think there will be a few changes in the starting 11, and a positive 3-0 win

Re: Match discussion: Woking (H)
Posted by: roversoffspring (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 12:09

A win too! At home and cook starting should set the foundations right! For me when cook plays and crosses come in I always feel he'll either score or wreak havoc whereas Mangan with his 3 goals or Norwood missing his 1 v 1's I don't get that feeling! More positive when he plays jenno behind him id move Buxton centre give duggan a go RB maybe. 2-0

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 12:35

c'mon the rovers, 3 pts tonight please.

Date: 08 August, 2017 13:09

have just had a look on the woking club website, and quite a good write up in the preview for tonights match. the adjective they used to describe steve mc nulty was 'redoubtable' a word I haven't heard for a long time but nevertheless a complimentary one. they needn't worry about him tonight though. have to say I know nothing about their new manager other than he was recently coaching with the Southampton academy ( I think ex rovers boss rob Edwards is coaching the saints under 16s ) I wonder what has happened to former woking boss garry hill? I think he was very shabbily treated by woking at the end of last season.

Posted by: roger mellie (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 13:53

I have predicted a 3-0 again but fear the slow start to the season will continue.
Will not be impressed if Mangan is given the nod ahead of Cook.

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 14:10

No excuses tonight, need to get the juggernaut on the roll! 2-0 win with Cook and Alabi on the scoresheet. I need a damn pick-me-up after Saturday!!

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 14:35

Quote:
roger mellie

+1

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 14:55

At the risk of upsetting some, I think that the defence could be stronger without McNulty whose lack of mobility pulls all deeper.
If Cook is not upfront then I would be very concerned, not just about our prospects but at the fact that it would show MM as flawed and possibly petty. I think that he is better than that but it does bother me that a player who would be an automatic starter at any other club is constantly left on the bench.
One poster on saturday said that Cook looked shattered after 20 minutes, I did not notice that and I thought he looked in better condition. His movement of the ball was far better than Alabi, whose movement was too often reactive rather than anticipatory.

i had already predicted a win tonight but I am not so sure after Saturdays very mixed performance when we had eleven against a moderate team

Posted by: Old Rover (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 15:35

Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
roger mellie

+1

Posted by: Wozza (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 19:15

Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
roger mellie

+1
+2

Posted by: Wozza (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 19:17

3-1 norburn cook 2

Posted by: luckyseven (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 19:22

Anyone know of a live stream? Can't make it up for tonight

Posted by: chrisprover (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 19:32

I have gone for two nil tonight and I think it will be interesting without Mcnulty and Norwood. Lets not have any handbags tonight and play football alabi and cook to score tonight,

Date: 08 August, 2017 19:44

yer know yer know yer know yer know yer know yer know yer know yer know yer know yer know yer know yer know... just listened to jay mceverley being interviewed on wirral radio and completely lost count how many times he said that, must have been close on 50 times lol... went to bed early and set the alarm to listen to full match commentary, back to bed for about 3 hrs after the game. dave Higgins co commentator on wirral radio, best ever dave.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2017 19:47 by hong kong rover.

Date: 08 August, 2017 19:44

cook playing good news, hat trick cooky

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 20:04

1 down 2 to go.

Get in cookie lad!!

Posted by: bheadlad (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 20:05

1-0 Cookie

Date: 08 August, 2017 20:05

Quote:
mini_andy
1 down 2 to go.
Get in cookie lad!!

yes get in

Date: 08 August, 2017 20:15

2 up yesssss

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net