Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Match discussion: Woking (H)
Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 19:35

Quote:
hong kong rover
yer know yer know yer know yer know yer know yer know yer know yer know yer know yer know yer know yer know... just listened to jay mceverley being interviewed on wirral radio and completely lost count how many times he said that, must have been close on 50 times lol... went to bed early and set the alarm to listen to full match commentary, back to bed for about 3 hrs after the game. dave Higgins co commentator on wirral radio, best ever dave.

No dout about dat....

Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 19:38

Quote:
hong kong rover
2 up yesssss
Unfortunately the old bad habit of losing concentration near the end of a half has struck again. Awful goal to concede. Nice solo gosl by Cook and great shot by norburn.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 19:45

Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
hong kong rover
2 up yesssss
Unfortunately the old bad habit of losing concentration near the end of a half has struck again. Awful goal to concede. Nice solo gosl by Cook and great shot by norburn.

cheers, could have done without conceding that goal.. just had my name read out on wirral radio, get in.

Posted by: trfc-boi (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 19:47

Cook scored a composed goal, Norburn cracker !!
Nice, short, touches, good passing.
Shame Woking scored on 43rd min, we need to Finnish teams off, instead of giving them a chance.

Date: 08 August, 2017 20:03

3-1 get in

Date: 08 August, 2017 20:42

well done rovers, we are on our way. sounded on the radio that jay harris came in from a bit of treatment from the woking players. the radio team voted him MOM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2017 20:56 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 21:01

Just what the doctor ordered. Solid start so far!

Date: 08 August, 2017 21:07

Should been 6-1, Dunn's header just wide post, Alabi just needed to toe-poke it inside 6 yard box, Mangan inside box, shot goes wide. Plenty of positives, well played lads !!

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 21:17

Good result, but we need to stop conceding from nothing when in total control.

Posted by: Kennel (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 21:24

"The three Musketeers",Harris,Norburn and Jennings were absolute class tonight....lets hope they stay free from injury...best midfield we've had for a long time. Cook had a great reception from the fans and it was good to see MM clapping him off..got to be first choice now, Imo.

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 21:28

As you say plenty of positives.

I thought generally Ritchie Sutton and Jay McEveley dealt with Effiong who looked massive!! very well but, failure to stop the cross cost us the goal.

Cooky showed why he should be the first name on the team sheet, Ollie Norburn reminded me of a young James Wallace circa 2013.

I am sorry to have to comment on the referee (Karl Evans)who again IMO, was very poor, yet another blatant penalty missed (foul on Jack Dunn first half)the defender was the last man by a good way and just a booking for the terribly late tackle on Jay Harris (who I thought was back to his best)

Still room for improvement but a very good team performance.

Posted by: Uglybob (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 21:35

Thought Hughes had a great game tonight playing in the deeper role . His holding and distribution was spot on .

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 21:37

Fair comment about Hughes who has come in for some stick in recent games.

Date: 08 August, 2017 21:49

Defence looked good tonight (-goal conceded), full backs got forward, to support.
Midfield sprayed some great passes, mixed it up with short, sharp passing when needed.
Forwards had chances, Cook starts next game for me, menace upfront, Dunn played just off him, pacey, just needs more match time.
Everyone looked Good tonight, everyone's got a place to fight for. Subs must be looking thinking I need to do better than him.
Only comment get inwinging crosses from corners, got the 3rd goal off it. Need freekick taker to at least hit target, make keeper work.Good 3 pts...onwards !!

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 21:49

On hols. Couldn't get any coverage !!! Aaaagh! Well done lads. SWA

Posted by: jonesy792 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 21:53

Entertaining game.

Norburn my man of the match. Great movement , passing and scored a cracker.

Impressed with Hughes in deeper role.

Great composed finish from Cook, and with Dunn and Jennings either side (both were a handful) I thought we looked good all over the park.

I would say that's our strongest XI but with Tolitt in for Dunn and McNulty for Sutton

Posted by: Robbie126 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 21:57

Quote:
Uglybob
Thought Hughes had a great game tonight playing in the deeper role . His holding and distribution was spot on .
Have to agree with this and I owe him an apology after my earlier comments, let's hope he can keep this up. Norburn was class, Harris was a little fighter & between the 2 of them gave Hughes that bit more time. Whole defence looked solid. Only slight negative was Dunn, seemed reluctant to take on defenders, maybe needs more game time. Great 3 points and thoroughly deserved

Posted by: Yiggsy (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 22:18

was thinking at 2=0 that the score could end up like Solihull at then end of last season.
Woking just weren't pressing at all. Hughes got time on the ball and was majestic. He was also excellent in tight situations.
Norburn excellent first half but faded slightly second half imo.
From where I was sitting in the Bebington Paddock Cook's goal resembled Ricky Villa's in the cup-final at Wembley!
Norburn's shot was ferocious.
Jennings superb and great to see Harris back in good form.
McEverly's goal was a cracker... it's amazing what can happen from a corner if you have good runners and a decnet ball in instead of @#$%& around like they did in the first half.
All round very good performance but, and I hate to say it, Woking will likely get relegated on that form. All credit to TRFC though. You can only beat what's in front of you and we did it in decent style today.

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 22:49

Quote:
Higgosboots
Good result, but we need to stop conceding from nothing when in total control.

Theirs was a good goal.Superb cross and good glancing header into the corner. Hard to blame the defence. It was a dampener at the end of the first half but that's all.

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2017 23:00

Great performance from Rovers. Dont think Woking were that bad just couldn't live with us tonight. But they were horrible in their fouling and time wasting until they went two down.

Current Page: 2 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net