Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Match discussion: Woking (H)
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 10 August, 2017 14:52

Quote:
Uglybob
Quote:
hong kong rover
just viewed the 12 min highlights of the woking game on you tube. some of our passing looked decent and we put a couple of decent balls into the box. it sure looked like the woking no 5 was the last man when he brought dunn down in the 2nd half, shouldn't that have been a red card? I noticed the andy cook goal celebration when the rovers players were jumping on his back, cooky looked pumped up and angry. was this his anger to MM and a statement from cooky to say come on gaffer u should be picking me every week? anyway great result rovers.
The thing with the tackle on Dunn ( which was right in front of us in the lower Kop ) was , in my mind anyway , that their No5 actually took the ball before contacting with Dunn . And if that was the case then it wasn't a foul. Could be wrong though .

ive had another look at it again bob, looks like he brought him down to me but I could be wrong though, lol.. it was a lazy n casual pass back from the woking no2 which the no 5 wasn't anticipating thus putting him in trouble and dunn was able to pounce on the mistake. I think the argument is that if he was the last man then why did the ref only brandish a yellow. back to the cooky goal celebration was his anger directed at MM or Ollie norburn who was climbing on his back?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 15:02 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: Uglybob (IP Logged)
Date: 10 August, 2017 15:23

Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Uglybob
Quote:
hong kong rover
just viewed the 12 min highlights of the woking game on you tube. some of our passing looked decent and we put a couple of decent balls into the box. it sure looked like the woking no 5 was the last man when he brought dunn down in the 2nd half, shouldn't that have been a red card? I noticed the andy cook goal celebration when the rovers players were jumping on his back, cooky looked pumped up and angry. was this his anger to MM and a statement from cooky to say come on gaffer u should be picking me every week? anyway great result rovers.
The thing with the tackle on Dunn ( which was right in front of us in the lower Kop ) was , in my mind anyway , that their No5 actually took the ball before contacting with Dunn . And if that was the case then it wasn't a foul. Could be wrong though .

ive had another look at it again bob, looks like he brought him down to me but I could be wrong though, lol.. it was a lazy n casual pass back from the woking no2 which the no 5 wasn't anticipating thus putting him in trouble and dunn was able to pounce on the mistake. I think the argument is that if he was the last man then why did the ref only brandish a yellow. back to the cooky goal celebration was his anger directed at MM or Ollie norburn who was climbing on his back?
I think HKR that is was a bit of Tiger Woods fist pumping . Don't think it was anger at MM or Norburn . Just a bit of ' Touch for that ' !

Date: 10 August, 2017 15:26

Quote:
Uglybob
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Uglybob
Quote:
hong kong rover

I think HKR that is was a bit of Tiger Woods fist pumping . Don't think it was anger at MM or Norburn . Just a bit of ' Touch for that ' !
The Refs decision seems to me to be non decisive . If it was a foul then the No5 was the last man so it should have been a red . If it wasn't a foul he shouldn't have booked him at all.

Date: 10 August, 2017 15:34

Quote:
Uglybob
Quote:
Uglybob
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Uglybob
Quote:
hong kong rover

The Refs decision seems to me to be non decisive . If it was a foul then the No5 was the last man so it should have been a red . If it wasn't a foul he shouldn't have booked him at all.

yes I agree , exactly bob

Date: 10 August, 2017 15:51

it was good to see a couple of telling crosses from rovers down the left hand side, one sent over from Jennings and the other from ridelagh. that's what we all want to see and with cooky on the end of them too. wide play and good balls into the box is what puts NL defences in all sorts of trouble and under pressure.

Date: 10 August, 2017 16:03

Quote:
hong kong rover
it was good to see a couple of telling crosses from rovers down the left hand side, one sent over from Jennings and the other from ridelagh. that's what we all want to see and with cooky on the end of them too. wide play and good balls into the box is what puts NL defences in all sorts of trouble and under pressure.
Yeah , I think Alabi is gonna put defences under pressure as well with his presence , he seems a powerful lad .

Posted by: rover87 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 August, 2017 21:20

Interesting quotes from MM after the game talking to Matt Jones saying he wasnt happy with Cooks fitness levels last year 'I dont think he covered enough grass for the jobs i needed' sounds like tough love to me goes on to say hes pleased with the way hes conducted himself pre season long may it continue best goal scorer weve had in years SWA

Posted by: roger mellie (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2017 10:25

Horses for courses.
Cook is a 30 goal a season striker.
Goals = promotion.
Who cares if he doesn't run around like he is possessed.
I think managers sometimes need to look beyond the pages of their FA coaching manual and be more pragmatic

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2017 22:58

Quote:
roger mellie

I think he has the potential to be so, but to say he is when he scored 23 last season, is a little overzealous and I mean no ill to you by saying that.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 06:59

Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
roger mellie

I think he has the potential to be so, but to say he is when he scored 23 last season, is a little overzealous and I mean no ill to you by saying that.

Without his injury and without falling out of favour, I've no doubt he would have hit the 30 mark.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 12:25

Quote:
hong kong rover
thks for that hoots, bobson bawling, that's some name

Dont forget oliver norwood

Current Page: 4 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net