Current Page: 1 of 5
Next Up: Sutton United (H)
Posted by: Total Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2017 20:14

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/08/2017 06:40 by mini_andy.

Re: Next Up: Sutton United (H)
Posted by: Yiggsy (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2017 21:01

I remember this mob back in April. They were time-wasting from the first minute and got their just-desserts when Ihiekwe scored in time added on.
Their second goal defied the laws of physics. Highlights here.
'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB_xZwfZRD0

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2017 21:33

Another great write up!

I'm going for a 3-1 win, after falling behind early.

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2017 23:36

Yes good summarising. I'll take a 2-0 home win and have my fingers crossed when I land in Manchester !!!

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2017 23:44

Hope for a 2-0 win....lots of comings and goings over the summer at Sutton...

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 01:58

C'mon the Rovers! I did my scouting/ spying work on sutton last weekend in their live bt sport game vs orient. They were ok but nothing brilliant. They deserved the win though and worked hard for each other. Thought their best player on the day was ross lafayette whom they got from dover. They looked more of a team than orient did. One or two physical challenges from them but nothing too heavy and were within the rules. They lost in midweek though. 2-0 for TRFC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2017 02:25 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 07:41

We need to make it as intimidating and noisy as possible if they come here to time waste, lets remind them of their links with the sun and really get behind the chaps

Posted by: trfc-boi (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 11:07

Same starting line-up as Tuesday for me, hope PP is loud & Rocking atmosphere, make it a fortress again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2017 11:07 by trfc-boi.

Posted by: chrisprover (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 11:08

I will go for 3-0 it will be interesting to see if MM keeps the team selection the same as last match.

Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 16:53

Awful. Not much more to say. Switched off for the goal and never switched back on. Early days of course but based on that effort today we've no chance.

Posted by: bumhobo33 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 17:03

Quote:
2 the moon
Awful. Not much more to say. Switched off for the goal and never switched back on. Early days of course but based on that effort today we've no chance.

Agreed we sounded very poor especially the 2nd half. We aren't entitled to anything in this league and I think it is fair to say the talent gap between us and the top half of the league is much smaller than some think. Be upset for the day then get ready for the next game.

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 17:09

I'm in Disneyland, it's now @#$%& it down and Tranmere lost. What a way to ruin my Saturday! (also means the forum will go into meltdown before I check it again)

Posted by: jonesy792 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 17:11

Very , very disappointing

We do miss a Tolitt like player to get at defences and offer something a little different rather than the dreadful long ball.

Could we have done with Norwood I wonder...? At least he creates chances to miss. We created virtually no chances in second half!

Posted by: ming05 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 17:18

Unfortunately apart from Cook all other strikers seem to be donkeys. And defence is slow old and rather pants.
Way it is we are going to get stuffed when we play the better teams like aldershot.
Sutton seemed to have taken on the crown from fgr for most dirty team.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 17:21

Quote:
jonesy792
Very , very disappointing
We do miss a Tolitt like player to get at defences and offer something a little different rather than the dreadful long ball.

Could we have done with Norwood I wonder...? At least he creates chances to miss. We created virtually no chances in second half!

Thought the same thing mate i moan about norwood but we missed him today

Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 17:27

Sutton theme tune must be by Olivia Newton John.... They stuck to their game plan to frustrate Tranmere and it worked. It even transitioned into a Brabinesque head-the-ball competition. Not a lot can be said. Will be interesting to hear MM's view. I am surprised about Alabi. He looked a lot better in the videos for other teams. I wasnt surprised by tbe defensive lapses. Shame really because it seemed to be going well for first 25 minutes.

Posted by: mb53trfc (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 17:31

That was a depressing experience listening on Wirral radio. It seems we didn't have any clue how to deal with their pressing game. Poor preparation from the management and poor team performance. As Higgo pointed out, their goalkeeper had virtually nothing to do in the second half and we are the home side one goal behind. Very frustrating. Surely we can do better than this.

Posted by: Wozza (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 18:04

Apart from the first 15 minutes we were very poor today when we looked like getting anything going they just fouled us to stop any flow we should be used to this by now didn't trouble the keeper apart from hitting the crossbar can't win them all but a little bit more effort wouldn't have gone amiss there is no pace in the side whatsoever don't think we won a second ball all game back to the drawing board

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2017 18:10 by Wozza.

Posted by: Uglybob (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 18:06

I don't think it was as bad a performance as many say . The first 20 minutes I thought we pressed them quite well and played the ball to feet ok . The problem as I saw it was that we somehow lost our shape leaving gaps all over the place which was allowing them to get a hold on the game which in turn boosted their confidence . I don't think they were a particularly better footballing side than us ( they weren't ) , but after the goal ( how was he allowed to run straight through the middle ) ? They managed their game plan well , closed us down quickly and time wasted hence them returning home with the 3 points . The one main part of our game that needs improving is the quality of balls into the box , pretty poor today . But I'm sure MM will sort it and we'll come back stronger .

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 18:26

Quote:
Uglybob
I don't think it was as bad a performance as many say . The first 20 minutes I thought we pressed them quite well and played the ball to feet ok . The problem as I saw it was that we somehow lost our shape leaving gaps all over the place which was allowing them to get a hold on the game which in turn boosted their confidence . I don't think they were a particularly better footballing side than us ( they weren't ) , but after the goal ( how was he allowed to run straight through the middle ) ? They managed their game plan well , closed us down quickly and time wasted hence them returning home with the 3 points . The one main part of our game that needs improving is the quality of balls into the box , pretty poor today . But I'm sure MM will sort it and we'll come back stronger .

Surely a home defeat and 4 points from 9 as out right favourites is a bad performance. If you are down to 9 men because the ref has got it very wrong and they get a dodgy peno in the 90th, that ok. 1 point at tufc was not a good point in any circumstances. The reason we only got 1 point was because of our players and what they did. You make your own luck.
Today was as bad as the first game, maybe different reasons, but reasons within our control. Our budget has been cut and is now not in the top half of the league. MP told me this at the last game.

Never say never, but we need to up our game.

Current Page: 1 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net