Current Page: 2 of 5
Awful game by rovers
Posted by: goosed (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 15:35

We have a worse team than last season i think poor game today

Re: Awful game by rovers
Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 15:59

Terrible result and already 5 points off the leaders. Long way to go of course but that today was poor to say the least.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 16:19

We can learn from that, we were bullied and outmuscled in the midfield, weak ref didnt help.

Ive seen alabi twice this week and apart from having the touch of an elephant, the energy levels of a 90 year old, the aerial ability of a worm and the reading of the game of a cricketer he is the finished article .

Alabi was brought on to add a physical presence and stop our lightweight midfield being bullied but he just got bullied himself.

He should watch how lafayette played for sutton and learn from that, he lead the line superbly

Posted by: goosed (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 16:25

Everyone saying how well we played on tuesday i thought i would go today to see us play well. How disapointed i was . Every player on the pitch was awful even cook. I know wot everyone is going to say its one of them games lets put this one behind us and move on !!! Its games like this we need to win to go up. All i can say is in my view Tranmere are going to be in this league alot longer than people think

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 16:37

We were much better on Tuesday to be fair goosed. Nothing really worked for us today, and i have to admit i thought "its one of those days". Very long way to go and we have quality coming back into the side soonish. Albai has been a let down so far, but in pre-season looked really good, so willing to give him more time too.

Posted by: Yardleys Cat (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 17:15

Dreadful display today apart from the first twenty minutes. McEveley looked a constant liability and he was more intent on playing the man rather than playing the ball. Alabai was completely off the pace although in fairness the service to him was non existent. We lacked ideas and were bullied by a team who denied us space and we couldn't cope with them. It may well be 'one of those games' but today's performance was shocking.

Posted by: trfc-boi (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 17:29

Tuesday Woking played off us, gave us space to play and we beat them well, Sutton Utd get in our faces close us down and flap, did we get a shot on target ?

The lads know they can beat teams, just need to start a good run.
Off subject Aldershot have started well, no messing about, good passing team too

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 18:01

Quote:
TranmereFan
We were much better on Tuesday to be fair goosed. Nothing really worked for us today, and i have to admit i thought "its one of those days". Very long way to go and we have quality coming back into the side soonish. Albai has been a let down so far, but in pre-season looked really good, so willing to give him more time too.

The problem with that tho Tranmerefan is that yes it's early season and we will have Tollitt etc. back at some point soonish? but we will have played 7 league games by end of this month and 11 (so almost a 1/4 of the season gone by mid- September). We need to be firing on all cylinders now and cannot afford to expect things will pick up in a couple of months when we get players back fit.

I agree we were better on Tuesday. I couldn't make today's game but having made the trip to Torquay the radio commentary suggested a similarly disjointed performance to that one aside from the sendings off obviously. Also Alabi was dire at Torquay - he needs to improve quickly as taking someone off to put him on is supposed to improve matters not worsen it!

Re: Next Up: Sutton United (H)
Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 18:21

Quote:
the kav
Quote:
jonesy792
Very , very disappointing
We do miss a Tolitt like player to get at defences and offer something a little different rather than the dreadful long ball.

Could we have done with Norwood I wonder...? At least he creates chances to miss. We created virtually no chances in second half!

Thought the same thing mate i moan about norwood but we missed him today

He would have got amongst their big defenders and given them some problems. Exactly his type of game. AND he would have given Cook some support which he got almost none today

Date: 12 August, 2017 18:23

Quote:
trfc-boi
Tuesday Woking played off us, gave us space to play and we beat them well, Sutton Utd get in our faces close us down and flap, did we get a shot on target ?
Off subject Aldershot have started well, no messing about, good passing team too

Well we hit the underside of the bar and a couple of shot whizzed almost along the goal line but nobody attacked the ball to finish it off.

Date: 12 August, 2017 18:27

Quote:
ming05
Unfortunately apart from Cook all other strikers seem to be donkeys. And defence is slow old and rather pants.
Way it is we are going to get stuffed when we play the better teams like aldershot.
Sutton seemed to have taken on the crown from fgr for most dirty team.

All of their five bookings were for very similar fouls cutting off our skilful players runs before they caused any damage.But they were all different players taking one for the team. And the ref fell for all their rolling over and time wasting tricks.We were bullied out of it by their two balding thugs in midfield. Their little number 20 was MOM.

That was like Gary
Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 18:19

Brabin was here all over again. We started superb and then after 20 minutes s££te.

We keep doing the SAME things over an over an over with no lesson taken. Causing confusion at the back and goal.

Having Cook on the pitch and just chipping balls up in the air hoping he will do something and letting a time served non league pair of centre halves smash it clear.

Alibi is f££££into s££te. Their no 9 "pink boots" was far the best player out their today and exactly what we need along side Cookie. He should not have been allowed to leave PP today without signing for Rovers.

Norburn looks a player and was probably the only shining light today.

We need Tollit back sharpish and for me the like she of Dawson should be given a go, we need pace and width getting to the by line to feed Cook.

Our final ball is terrible, the wide free kicks in the corners need whipping between goalkeeper and ball invite Cookie and Mckeverley to run onto them, not scoring anything when it's behind you.

We need two strikers and one to go front one to go back post. Had we had someone on the back stick today we'd have scored a couple.

Rant over,

Re: That was like Gary
Date: 12 August, 2017 18:26

Their number 9 was lafyette who was very good for dover last season too

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 18:44

It could be argued that Woking and Torquay are likely to be in the relegation mix and Sutton will be a moderate mid table team.The situation is cause for concern and not panic yet but it wouldn't take much to turn it into that.
One observation is that Hughes is ok with teams that give him space but against teams that close down quickly he has looked poor for some time

Posted by: Yiggsy (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 18:44

Quote:
trfc-boi

Agree with this and also that the game was crying out for Norwood.

Ridehalgh got some decent balls in but some disappointing ones as well and no-one following up for the second ball in their box..
Alabi, early days but a bag of cement would bounce 3 yards off his knee if he tried to trap it atm.

Some of the best displays towards the end of last season were with 3 at the back and Vaughan and Ridehalgh bombing on. We were done for pace at centre back several times today. Could we counter that with an extra centre back?

Sutton were much improved on last season imo and may go well this.

Posted by: sparky100 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 18:45

We where total pants today and I'm fed up with hearing about inept refereeing, get used to it this is the standard in this league, time wasting teams, no different from are own goal keeper who even wastes time when we are losing! We can barely take a throw in to one of our own players. We are already playing catch up with the top teams, just not good enough. To make matters worse I am on the same bloody carriage as the Sutton team on the way back to Euston.

Date: 12 August, 2017 18:49

The first ten minutes were excellent-chances at both ends. We missed two or three sitters after that,notably Suttons header from Dunn's free kick. Then for some apparent reason play was stopped after the lino on the JK side flagged and the ref and their player Lafayette walked from one side of the pitch and spoke to both managers but no announcement was made. The steward next to me said an allegation of racism had been made presumably by someone in the crowd as none of our players were spoken to. Virtually straight from the restart ,we were asleep and their speedy striker galloped clear of our defence and beat Davies easily.

Sutton were in our faces and we didn't like it. A big hard uncompromising team who liked to dish it out but had some skill too.They'd obviously done their homework on us. They had 2 balding thugs in midfield but their little number 20[Wright?] was their best player.They seemed to have a plan to keep Norburn quiet . 5 of them took bookings for the team when it was necessary,all very similar fouls when our more skilful players had just started off on runs.. We missed chances -a fair few of them in the first half -but after we hit the underside of the bar[2nd half],it looked like it wasn't going to be our day and so it proved.

Second half we were dreadful. Cook was throughout on his own up front -battled well with little support. This was my first chance to see Alabi given a fair go-he was atrocious but wasn't the only one in the second half. When we took Harris off for Mangan,we lost what little bite there had been in midfield

We missed Norwood because he would have got amongst their big guys at the back and run at them which nobody did.

McEveley was very poor[Sutton was better] and couldn't even score an own goal properly at the end when he nodded the ball past Davies.

I was astonished that Hughes was voted our MOM.

Definitely a case of after the Lord Mayors show.....

Date: 12 August, 2017 18:56

Quote:
sparky100
We where total pants today and I'm fed up with hearing about inept refereeing, get used to it this is the standard in this league, time wasting teams, no different from are own goal keeper who even wastes time when we are losing! We can barely take a throw in to one of our own players. We are already playing catch up with the top teams, just not good enough. To make matters worse I am on the same bloody carriage as the Sutton team on the way back to Euston.

Ask Lafayette why him and the ref walked over from one side of the pitch to the other and spoke to the two managers.

Date: 12 August, 2017 19:06

Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
sparky100

Ask Lafayette why him and the ref walked over from one side of the pitch to the other and spoke to the two managers.

He thought he had been racially abused by a chap in the johnny king stand allegedly...... the bloke was shouting at the lino

Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 19:07

[quote aktrfc][quote Uglybob] Our budget has been cut and is now not in the top half of the league. MP told me this at the last game.

Never say never, but we need to up our game.[/quote]really. So our budget is a bottom half budget. The complete opposite of what I've heard and read. Sorry but I don't buy that. Palios said in the echo last month we have the same budget.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2017 19:17 by 2 the moon.

Current Page: 2 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net