Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2017 17:00

Thank god for small mercies 👍😃

Re: Next Up: Solihull Moors (A)
Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2017 17:02

Nice

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2017 17:07

I will be interested to hear comments from people who went regarding overall performance.

Hopefully the start of a serious run of form, four points off top and two home games to come.

Date: 28 August, 2017 17:09

Quote:
Jack of all Trades
I will be interested to hear comments from people who went regarding overall performance.
Hopefully the start of a serious run of form, four points off top and two home games to come.

sorry six points!!!!

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

Well done MM and the lads. Bring on Dover. S W A

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Quote:
Jack of all Trades

6 pts off top, jack.

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2017 17:52

Quote:
Tranmere69
Quote:
Brenk
Who's Wharton? Not seen that name before.
Youth team keeper
Anyone know why Pilling not on bench? Injured I assume but thought MM had said everyone was fit on Thursday?
Wasn't able to make today's game but from listening to Wirral Radio we were better though they missed a gilt edged chance I heard at 0-1. TBH even 2 against Solihull is only acceptable - hopefully however this will light the fires and confidence will return. Only slight disappointment aside from not giving them the promised pasting MM mentioned someone will get soon is when we went 2 -0 we didn't give Waring 10 minutes.
Onwards and upwards!

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2017 17:55

Pilling is away on International Duty for Wales U21 squad

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2017 18:02

It wasn't the best game, but it was s hot day, so the players were using the regular stoppages for drinks breaks. We were never in danger of conceding, yet we could have scored 5 on another day

Posted by: Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2017 18:14

It seemed like now pre-season is over, the players are getting to know each other and what they're meant to be doing out there. Yes it could hs we been better, Norwood missed his regular one-on-one but hey-ho. Bring on Dover. It's looking like finally it's coming together.

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2017 18:21

Quote:
pez
Pilling is away on International Duty for Wales U21 squad
Of course - thanks!

Posted by: jal jal (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2017 18:34

Let's not get too carried away let's wait until the more challenging teams come before celebating to much, or the the dismal mood of everyone will be back again if we fail, but if we win 4 out ofthe next 6 we can start to celebrate and push on.

Date: 28 August, 2017 18:50

Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Jack of all Trades

6 pts off top, jack.

Cheers HKR, I realized as soon as I posted and corrected myself, you were obviously quick off the mark.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2017 19:55

Had a good day enjoyed it never in doubt could of been 5or6 .my face burnt great tan though

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2017 19:57

I've only just noticed they're not called Solihull Motors. Mind blown.

Posted by: NickNotTheGreek (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2017 20:15

Quote:
Hardly Irons

Exactly the same here mate. Feel a right plonker telling people Tranmere were playing Solihull Motors.

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2017 20:59

The game was OK, in the first half there were not too many chances apart from the goal. Harris had a good game and was pressing their midfield all game, but he was to some extent alone in doing this, for me Norburn might look good while on the ball but does not press anywhere near enough when not in possession. In the second half we came into the game a little more and once Norwood and Jennings came on for Mangan and Norburn the performance improved a lot and many good chances were created, could have easily been 5 or 6. I don't recall Davis having anything to do and apart from one or two McEverly related moments the back line looked very solid, McNulty had a good game.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2017 21:07

Quote:
Hardly Irons

Solihull motors amalgamated with solihull borough mate to form moors, i work with a wolves supporter who knows everything about midlands footy

Posted by: ChloesDad (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2017 21:09

It was Moor Green and Solihull Borough

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net