MM's Maidenhead Post Match Interview
Posted by: HardlyYardley (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 22:08

Just watched MM's post-match interview via the Tranmere website. The last few seconds are interesting : he says he's trying to hold back his anger. Saying that makes it clear he is angry. Basically, he thinks we were rubbish. He says it's his responsibility but also says that the players should take a long hard look at themselves. He comes close to apologising to the travelling supporters. I think that, if the players can't be motivated enough to play well at Ebbsfleet this Saturday then either he or they should go and, of course, realistically, that means he should go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2017 22:17 by HardlyYardley.

Re: MM's Maidenhead Post Match Interview
Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 22:43

He needs longer than Ebbsfleet whatever happens there. I'm sure quite a few home truths will have been said either in the dressing room or on the way back.

Posted by: Trfctillidie (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 22:49

How much longer he be here a year when we play sheep @#$%& and we gone backwords and he all ready side he might no know he best team till November what kind manger says that to the fans sorry but saturday got to be his last chance if he don't go before it if the players don't wanna fight for any ball to nite then to me his loss some of the players I was there to night you can see it after goal went in the players just did not care would not even chase the ball

Date: 12 September, 2017 23:22

Quote:
Trfctillidie
How much longer he be here a year when we play sheep @#$%& and we gone backwords and he all ready side he might no know he best team till November what kind manger says that to the fans sorry but saturday got to be his last chance if he don't go before it if the players don't wanna fight for any ball to nite then to me his loss some of the players I was there to night you can see it after goal went in the players just did not care would not even chase the ball

I thought you said you left when Gumbs was subbed which was well before the goal.

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 06:23

Genuinely don't think he should go. If this carries on the season is over. However it's salvageable we only need finish 7th. This morning if I was MM I would invite the following people into my office at Solar Campus, James Wallace, Rokka, Dawson, Alabi, Sutton, Jennings, Jeff Hughes, Eddie Clark, Mitch Duggan. I would hand them all there p45, theyneither lack the quality fitness or experince to get us out of this league but offer no other redeeming quality which would justify keeping them on the books. Take the hit in settling their contracts and then identify 5 quality league 1 players to replace them. Something has to give it's either the budget or potentially our NL status at this point.

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 06:39

You're first sentence makes sense, tailed off quite a bit for the rest though.

The only player i would agree on you with is Dawson.

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 08:51

Quote:
rossb07

Fair enough, but if decimation never hurt the Roman Empire (Sm148)

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 09:48

Sutton is not a bad player tbf, if I was going to be critical, I would say that McEverly wasn't up to the job and not a patch on Iheikwe , whom he was brought in to replace?

As for shedding players, then Dawson and Rokka need to go, and possibly Mangan.

There is something not right going on behind the scenes. Its like the players don't want to play for Micky?

A good old team talk and clearing of the air is needed perhaps?

One thing that is very noticeable is the distinct lack of any improvement over the season so far, despite Micky telling us they are working on things in training?

Got to be something wrong in the dressing room to be as woeful and lack lustre as they were last night IMO?7

Date: 13 September, 2017 10:47

Quote:
pez
Sutton is not a bad player tbf, if I was going to be critical, I would say that McEverly wasn't up to the job and not a patch on Iheikwe , whom he was brought in to replace?
As for shedding players, then Dawson and Rokka need to go, and possibly Mangan.

There is something not right going on behind the scenes. Its like the players don't want to play for Micky?

A good old team talk and clearing of the air is needed perhaps?

One thing that is very noticeable is the distinct lack of any improvement over the season so far, despite Micky telling us they are working on things in training?

Got to be something wrong in the dressing room to be as woeful and lack lustre as they were last night IMO?7

There is no point in playing 3-5-2 if the wing backs don't get forward enough which they have been nowhere near doing. So that means basically 5-3-2!!

Posted by: Su- y- army (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 11:02

Especially liam riadalgh not good enough as a wing back,never comes further than half way line

Posted by: Old Rover (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 13:17

There are player's who know that they will be on the team sheet no matter how they play. Every player need's to be told that their place is not automatic.

Date: 13 September, 2017 13:19

Quote:
Old Rover
There are player's who know that they will be on the team sheet no matter how they play. Every player need's to be told that their place is not automatic.

+1

Posted by: Davey Jones (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 16:07

Just listened to the interview. Sounds like he's given up and putting himself in the firing line to get sacked, so he doesn't have to quit.
MM has to take responsibility being the manager but the players should hold their heads in shame. Seems they are just there to get paid and don't give a toss for the Club or fans

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 16:25

Quote:
Davey Jones
Just listened to the interview. Sounds like he's given up and putting himself in the firing line to get sacked, so he doesn't have to quit.
MM has to take responsibility being the manager but the players should hold their heads in shame. Seems they are just there to get paid and don't give a toss for the Club or fans

Totally agree with you.

He is at a bit a loss to explain what's gone wrong.

Looks like he's lost the dressing room to me, but can't understand how?

The only player he has had any known gripe with is still playing in the team?

Maybe a bit of a Chelsea style player conspiracy going on?

They all look uninterested.

Posted by: Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 16:28

Quote:
Su- y- army
Especially liam riadalgh not good enough as a wing back,never comes further than half way line

That's ridiculous, the only time Ridehalgh has looked any good was when he's essentially played as a wing back. Just how many assists did he have at the end of last season? He's way too soft defensively to play in a 4 man back line.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2017 16:30 by Doogie'sGhost.

Date: 13 September, 2017 16:46

Quote:
pez
Quote:
Davey Jones

Totally agree with you.

They all look uninterested

So what has gone wrong? Loads of different things:

1. Players left and we didn't recruit to a plan.
2. Preseason was inadequate, fewer games with key ones abandoned.
3. Starting the season under-cooked without a clear idea what our best team was.
4. Cook and Norwood - they just don't play well together and never have.
5. Fan expectations were (rightly) sky high and the team haven't delivered causing unrest.
6. Lack of goals, players not in form, all of the above contributing factors.
7. Confidence and morale in the team has plummeted as a result, causing 5 & 6 to be exacerbated. It's a self a perpetuating cycle.

That's about it. Some of it is on MM, some of it is just bad luck and temporary form but it is on MM to sort out. I don't go in for lost changing rooms and "they're just not trying", they're just an emotional responses to the symptoms of a team that is playing poorly and has lost confidence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2017 18:27 by Doogie'sGhost.

Date: 13 September, 2017 17:27

[quote Doogie'sGhost][quote pez][quote Davey Jones]Just listened to the interview. Sounds like he's given up and putting himself in the firing line to get sacked, so he doesn't have to quit.
MM has to take responsibility being the manager but the players should hold their heads in shame. Seems they are just there to get paid and don't give a toss for the Club or fans[/quote]

Totally agree with you.

They all look uninterested

So what has gone wrong? Loads of different things:

1. Players left and we didn't recruit to a plan.
2. Preseason was inadequate, fewer games with key ones abandoned.
3. Starting the season under-cooked without a clear idea what our best team was.
4. Cook and Norwood - they just don't play well together and never have.
5. Fan expectations were (rightly) sky high and the team haven't delivered causing unrest.
6. Lack of goals, players not in form, all of the above contributing factors.
7. Confidence and morale in the team has plummeted as a result, causing 5 & 6 to be exacerbated. It's a self a perpetuating cycle.

That's about it. Some of it is on MM, some of it is just bad luck and temporary form but it is on MM to sort out. I don't go in for lost changing rooms and "they're just not trying", they're just an emotional responses to the symptoms of a team that is playing poorly and has lost confidence.[/quote]

I don't agree that he's ''at a loss to explain'' or ''lost the dressing room''. To me he's very very angry at the performance but is doing what all good managers should do,sorting it out in private not in the public domain.

Confidence is the main problem at the moment-that was exemplified in the celebrations when Norwood scored the winner against Barrow

Date: 13 September, 2017 18:32

Sorry hoots, messed up the quote - since fixed. Confidence is the key issue I think as well, but it has its roots in a muddled preseason which resulted in a poor start.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 18:36

Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
rossb07

Fair enough, but if decimation never hurt the Roman Empire (Sm148)

If we processed this as the romans did it would be bye bye alabi and jeff hughes.... shame we dont have a number 36 to decimate too .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net