Current Page: 1 of 2
Micky Adams
Posted by: borowhite (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2017 11:41

On his way to Port Vale as Director of Football apparently.

Re: Micky Adams
Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2017 11:47

Quote:
borowhite
Good....he won't be heading to PP

Posted by: borowhite (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2017 11:50

Clearly his track record of steering clubs away from the bottom of L2 that has attracted them.......

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2017 11:53

Wow! That's a shocking appointment by Port Vale!

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2017 13:14

Quote:
borowhite
Clearly his track record of steering clubs away from the bottom of L2 that has attracted them.......

Or preparing them for the Nationwide league.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2017 16:08

Is it that two of our not successful managers are and have been named Micky or just what they take out of the clubs and supporters .you will be sorry Port vale

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2017 18:36

Took vale up so i fully get it

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2017 18:45

Maybe it's something about this club that takes previously successful managers and turns them into failures. Just sayin

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2017 18:57

Quote:
borowhite

Got mixed up with the Micky's when I saw this thread.

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2017 18:59

Quote:
kennyspint
Maybe it's something about this club that takes previously successful managers and turns them into failures. Just sayin

Sure is.....bunch of miserable deluded so called fans....

Date: 19 September, 2017 19:06

Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Is it that two of our not successful managers are and have been named Micky or just what they take out of the clubs and supporters .you will be sorry Port vale

There's no comparison at all between the two of them.

Posted by: coltran (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2017 21:19

I spoke a Port Vale supporter last week and they're in a desperate situation having had their playing budget slashed to save money. On the face of it, the appointment of Micky Adams is a poor one based on his experience with us and he may preside over another relegation to the National League. However, he has been successful as a manager in the past and he may see this as a last ditch attempt to resurrect his managerial career. If he succeeds, he will be seen as a hero in the eyes of the Vale fans.
If he fails then it will be looked at negatively even if he has the odds stacked against him. Only time will tell.

Posted by: AndyMase (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2017 21:55

To be fair hadn't he done a decent job prior to joining us. I seem to remember thinking it was a good appointment at the time. Obviously I was wrong in hindsight.

Date: 19 September, 2017 22:19

Quote:
AndyMase
To be fair hadn't he done a decent job prior to joining us. I seem to remember thinking it was a good appointment at the time. Obviously I was wrong in hindsight.

Not so.

''Micky Adams has resigned as Port Vale manager after a run of six straight defeats for the League One side.

Adams, 52, who led the club up from League Two in 2013 - his fourth promotion as a manager - was in his second spell as Vale boss, having first moved to Vale Park in 2009.

"I believe now is the time for another manager to take the helm," he said.

Adams made the decision to step down following "extensive discussions" with chairman Norman Smurthwaite.''

Posted by: AndyMase (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2017 22:40

I meant in general, not specifically at vale. All managers have good and bad spells. Anyway bed was terrible for us, that's for sure 😊

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2017 22:55

Adams got Fulham promoted to league 1 many years ago, only to be sacrificed by El-Fayed, who was not prepared to let him have even 6 months with the new money he was putting in when he took over.

Admittedly unlike Kevin Keegan I doubt Adams would have gotten Phillipe Albert on loan, but Adams did not deserve to be fired to make way For Keegan and Ray Wilkins, unless he failed to capitalise on his new monied circumstances within the first 15-20 games.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2017 12:57

I think Adams was definitely the right appointment for us and one that I was excited about. He was certainly useless (at best), but his prior record meant you couldn't fault the appointment. Unfortunately, that was one of those times when the right decision was probably the worst one you could make.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2017 14:21

Quote:
Claytonne&Clark
I think Adams was definitely the right appointment for us and one that I was excited about. He was certainly useless (at best), but his prior record meant you couldn't fault the appointment. Unfortunately, that was one of those times when the right decision was probably the worst one you could make.

Yet in his first couple of months he seemed to be steadily turning things around for us. Then the January window came. Given the improvement we were showing under him, plus his reputation as a decent lower league manager, I still can't fathom how or why it all fell apart so spectacularly from that point onwards.

Posted by: Valiant_in_Peace (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2017 23:01

Hi guys hope Tranmere make a fast and speedy climb up to the football league. Doesn't seem too long ago both our clubs were holding our own in the second tier.

Its a strange situation at Port Vale. The budget was slashed after Rob Page left however it was increased last season to make way for The Bruno Ribearo experiment which was larger than Rob pages. Which failed with his foreign league of players.

Then rather than bring in an experienced manager we just promoted an player (Micheal Brown) to management, got relegated decided to give him a contract over the summer with one of the larger budgets to work with which was insane.

Obviously we are where we are we sacked him too late, should have gone last year.

So now I understand why you have Micky Adams issues, however it would only be as director of football he doesn't want a return to management. Our chairman has admitted he doesn't know anything about football, so basically is seeking advice of Adams and Rudge.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2017 23:18

Surely however your chairman would at least know the offside rule.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net