Ned Kelly
Posted by: Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 00:00

Could we afford to bring him in?

Re: Ned Kelly
Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 20:25

Why would Tranmere want to? Seeing as he could be another Mellon who excites and 12 months later starts disappointing quite a few people.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 11:12

Quote:
Matt34
Why would Tranmere want to? Seeing as he could be another Mellon who excites and 12 months later starts disappointing quite a few people.

Thats a bit harsh as you could say that about any manager Rovers appoint.

I guess youre being your usual sarcastic self because someone has a different view to you?

No change there then?

Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 13:27

Problem is our fans are craving success. The younger one's want to taste it and the older one's remember what it was like. Here's the problem.
By default we are a lower league club that was catapulted by investment, we then spent a good few years living off that legacy. In my opinion we are still living off that legacy. I couldn't tell you how far we can go being self sufficient but I'm not expecting miracles and certainly don't think we will see a trip to the moon.
Any manager coming in will find it tough as last season set a high benchmark and still some classed that as failure.

Date: 25 September, 2017 13:34

The club are as much to blame by stating were going to be pushing for promotion etc.

Its not unreasobable to expect this , however, when it doesnt happen, it upsets the fans.

We can all say were going to do something spectacular, achieving it though is proving a tad more dificult this season.

Date: 25 September, 2017 22:03

Quote:
pez
Quote:
Matt34

Thats a bit harsh as you could say that about any manager Rovers appoint.

Yes I could. but I find it odd that people dismiss past players as no good for you anymore, bit cling on to some belief that when they become coaches and managers they would give the world on a plate.

Quote:
Pez
I guess youre being your usual sarcastic self because someone has a different view to you?
No change there then?

True about no change there then as your guess is way off beam. You're just still put out that nobody said yeah you're right Pez, Mellon and Palios are arrogant, especially me.

Other people agree or disagree sometimes, this is just something you're going to have to live with, without it having to mean something it doesn't.

Date: 26 September, 2017 12:40

Kelly has lots of experience coaching, and when he was here with Ray Matthias we did quite well.

It was noticeable how bad we went once he left the club.

I wouldn't dismiss him totally, but the question is would he want the job?

As it stands at the moment, there is no job available, but that may change unless we start winning games and scoring goals.

With relation to Matt34, you can make your point without trying to be lording yourself over everyone else's opinions.

Just don't try and belittle people like you frequently do on here!

Posted by: Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2017 12:50

Quote:
2 the moon
Problem is our fans are craving success. The younger one's want to taste it and the older one's remember what it was like. Here's the problem.
By default we are a lower league club that was catapulted by investment, we then spent a good few years living off that legacy. In my opinion we are still living off that legacy. I couldn't tell you how far we can go being self sufficient but I'm not expecting miracles and certainly don't think we will see a trip to the moon.
Any manager coming in will find it tough as last season set a high benchmark and still some classed that as failure.

Great post, particularly the bit about still living off that legacy. Spot on imo.

Posted by: iagoapcen (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2017 13:30

True about the "legacy" and over investment circa 88-94 buuuut the results of that legacy are by far the best ground at this level, and probably top ten in the two above, and for better or worse, the best fan base. Those two should be a springboard for expecting better.

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2017 21:54

Quote:
Viking Tranmere
Could we afford to bring him in?

No

Date: 26 September, 2017 22:08

Quote:
pez
Just don't try and belittle people like you frequently do on here!

I don't try and do that and never have in all the time I've posted on here. That's your interpretation but as like last time way off beam.

No offense intended smiling smiley.

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2017 22:34

Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
2 the moon

Great post, particularly the bit about still living off that legacy. Spot on imo.

Success is relative; doing well in the National League without promotion is not a success if you're ultimate aim is promotion, as surely ours has been. I think it's the least we should be doing "craving" the "default". Anything less is a travesty in my eyes and an acceptance of the current abyss as being our new default; something that doesn't sit well with me. Every football fan across the country craves success, otherwise what's the point; our current disappointment reflects this. Do we not think Palios, Mellon and the players crave success? Currently a trip to the moon would be regaining our league status; we'll land on that moon one day soon!

Date: 27 September, 2017 05:05

We arent even scoring goals at the moment.

Even kids in the park can put the ball in the net ffs!

All we get off Micky is "were not good enough" - His team , his tactics.

Nobody is saying Kelly would be any better, but if he was willing to come here, I would be happy with that tbh.

Lets see if Micky can stop the rot first before lining up his replacement.

I give him 2 more games before the Palios' start to have sleepless nights.

We need to go on one hell of a run though if Micky is to redeem himself.

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 07:04

There's a lot of talk about givinmanagers time etc, and occasionally on here we here about John King being given time and the likes of Fergie given time at UTD in the early days, difference their was they were also given investment. Let's not forget Kings and PJ started a trip to the moon and it took us from pretty much we we sit now (one game from the abys) to the verge of the Premier League, can't be done self sufficiently. If self suffiecney was a goer we'd all be doing it at home and all the clubs in the country would. Just look at FGR and their current situation, Vince has is own trip to the moon planned and they are splashing about in the shallow end of League 2 and they've spent money!

If we couldon't be self sufficient in the Championship then we c ant be in the NL, self sufficient means a life time in a stranded dingy of the Non League oceans

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/09/2017 07:07 by Higgosboots.

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 09:46

Quote:
Higgosboots
There's a lot of talk about givinmanagers time etc, and occasionally on here we here about John King being given time and the likes of Fergie given time at UTD in the early days, difference their was they were also given investment. Let's not forget Kings and PJ started a trip to the moon and it took us from pretty much we we sit now (one game from the abys) to the verge of the Premier League, can't be done self sufficiently. If self suffiecney was a goer we'd all be doing it at home and all the clubs in the country would. Just look at FGR and their current situation, Vince has is own trip to the moon planned and they are splashing about in the shallow end of League 2 and they've spent money!

If we couldon't be self sufficient in the Championship then we c ant be in the NL, self sufficient means a life time in a stranded dingy of the Non League oceans

Have you been spending your spare £20's on Cantona's book of unintelligible quotes ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net