Current Page: 1 of 2
Wrexham manager's conduct
Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 13:44

It appears double standards when one young lad was hauled out by some stewards yesterday for swearing at Mellon near the end yet the Wrexham managers language throughout was appalling in the extreme and nothing was done. Somebody should have words with him and his club

Re: Wrexham manager's conduct
Posted by: gazza102 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 13:52

Given the abuse he took he handled himself well against a load of mindless idiots who wanted to have ago at him for celebrating his teams performance.

Date: 24 September, 2017 13:53

Quote:
gazza102
Given the abuse he took he handled himself well against a load of mindless idiots who wanted to have ago at him for celebrating his teams performance.

I am talking about during not after the game.

Posted by: gazza102 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 13:56

I am talking about during the game and not after. He had to have the police protect him and stewards as well because he dared to celebrate when his team scored.

Date: 24 September, 2017 13:59

We obviously saw different things then at different times. A lot of what I saw was in the first half as well.

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 16:31

Quote:
gazza102
I am talking about during the game and not after. He had to have the police protect him and stewards as well because he dared to celebrate when his team scored.

I guess you also condone the Wrexham players running over to celebrate in front of the Town Paddock rather than in front of their own fans; if you believe that was pure coincidence, rather than a deliberate act, then I totally disagree. Players, managers and assistants should not be beyond reproach when it comes to acceptable conduct. If you goad people in life, expect a response with both parties having responsibility for the outcome. For many a fan who has deservedly been ejected from the stadium, there's many a player, manager or assistant who have deserved the same fate. Of course, double standards will be excused such is the bubble that exists once you enter the football arena. The police and stewards were there because someone from their bench decided to "mouth off" and there was a reaction to this. I was determined to have a break from posting, but have been suckered back in. I wanted to add some balance and facts to this. I don't condone the actions, but it takes two to tango. Then again, I need to remember how awful our fans are, as some keep alluding to, and how saintly the football professionals are (just trying to conscientiously do their job).

(Sm132)

Posted by: Dai Kwondo (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 16:55

Awwwww give it a rest FFS!!!

Sore losers or what?

What about when you played away at Chester last season?
Do you remember when Andy Cook scored and ran over to celebrate right in front of Chester's 'boys'?

Sore losers.

Date: 24 September, 2017 17:22

Quote:
Dai Kwondo
Sore losers or what?

Do you remember when Andy Cook scored and ran over to celebrate right in front of Chester's 'boys'?

Sore losers.

Nothing to to with being sore losers. We weren't losing most of the time your manager was mouthing off. Part of a managers job is to conduct himself and represent his club in a decent manner and to a certain standard. Sorry to say that that was not done yesterday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/09/2017 17:24 by Hoots Mon.

Date: 24 September, 2017 17:29

Keates talks so fast I'm surprised anyone can understand him!!

What about the plastic bottles and coins your fans threw at our goalkeeper???

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 17:35

Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Dai Kwondo
Sore losers or what?

Sore losers.

Nothing to to with being sore losers. We weren't losing most of the time your manager was mouthing off. Part of a managers job is to conduct himself and represent his club in a decent manner and to a certain standard. Sorry to say that that was not done yesterday.

Have you heard Eric Nixon, Jesus he's constant at the refs, F-ing this, F-ing that. It's football they swear. They are subject to the refs enforcement of the rules the fans are subject to the terms and condition such of entry, and they don't half go to town.

Date: 24 September, 2017 18:27

Quote:
Dai Kwondo
Sore losers or what?

Sore losers.

And if you'd have shown as much interest in the forum after the Chester game as you are at the moment, then you'd have read that I scorned Cook's action on that occasion. Nice to see that you actually brought some fans this season. Now go and crawl back under your stone.
Higgosboots, before you get too excited, my comments about conduct were across the board.
When are you coming to town? (Sm100)

Date: 24 September, 2017 18:42

Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
Dai Kwondo
Sore losers or what?

Sore losers.

And if you'd have shown as much interest in the forum after the Chester game as you are at the moment, then you'd have read that I scorned Cook's action on that occasion. Nice to see that you actually brought some fans this season. Now go and crawl back under your stone.
Higgosboots, before you get too excited, my comments about conduct were across the board.
When are you coming to town? (Sm100)

Are you so full of self-importance that you think I should remember your posts of old?
Tranmere Rovers. How the mighty have fallen....The next Stockport hopefully.

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 18:55

Come on mini Andy, please get him off here

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 19:14

Quote:
Dai Kwondo
Sore losers or what?

Sore losers.

I'm with Dai on this to be fair.

I'd expect us to act the same, it's called passion which is something we've lost and could do with getting back.

Date: 24 September, 2017 19:19

No! Let him stay. This is so exciting, a major scientific and evolutionary breakthrough. Finally, "The Missing Link". If only we could get some of his DNA. Even better, we could educate him; I'd start with the connotations of the word "If"; a simple start, but essential. For those of us visiting Wrexham this season, look out for him; he'll be the one on all fours with the occasional unsuccessful attempt to walk upright (he'll also be eating his own faeces). Think of the financial reward; we'll be famous again! Thank you for exposing yourself Dai, you're the key to our future.

Date: 24 September, 2017 20:11

Quote:
Hardly Irons
Quote:
Dai Kwondo
Sore losers or what?

Sore losers.

I'd expect us to act the same, it's called passion which is something we've lost and could do with getting back.

Hopefully the next Stockport? And you're with him

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 20:22

Quote:
aktrfc
Come on mini Andy, please get him off here

To be fair, I'm with the Wrexham fan on this one. Look at the conduct of our players and staff and you'll soon realise that we are no saints.

Davies must be the most booked goalkeeper for timewasting!

Date: 24 September, 2017 20:52

It's the Stockport comment I have the issue with. I wouldn't go on there site and state that I hoped they went down.

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 21:07

Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Hardly Irons
Quote:
Dai Kwondo
Sore losers or what?

Sore losers.

Sorry, where have I said I support that quote? Bit strawman there ak.

Date: 24 September, 2017 21:29

Quote:
Hardly Irons
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Hardly Irons
Quote:
Dai Kwondo
Sore losers or what?

Sore losers.

Sorry, where have I said I support that quote? Bit strawman there ak.

I know what you mean hardly. As the initiator of this thread,I must add that I was comparing the double standards involved IMO between the treatment of young lad who was taken away for AFAIK saying ''you're s**t Mellon '' to the unnecessary stuff that was coming out of Mr Keates' mouth throughout and the way they were respectively treated . I think it's now run its course

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net