Current Page: 1 of 2
Don't panic
Posted by: Mojo698 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 15:58

I think with us being only 9 points from top of the table and 34 games left it is a bit early for all the doom and gloom. I know that what we are serving up at the moment isn't any good but the next game will hopefully be the turning point..keep the faith.

Re: Don't panic
Posted by: Old Rover (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2017 16:44

The problem with that is we have'nt changed anything. we have played the same way for 12 game's. Yesterday we were 1 down against 10 men and Davies was still rolling the ball out to McNulty. McNulty ran to the half way line and had no where to go so started passing sideways
Wrexham's defence just stood in front of us and we could'nt get passed them.

Posted by: pmbtrfc1 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 17:55

I'm not looking at being 9pts off top, we are 2 points of the relegation places, and in relegation form, I'm certainly panicking, things need to change now before we get dragged down again.

Posted by: AndyMase (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 19:25

It's not just 9 points, even if we hit form we are now relying on all the teams above us to falter, which is unlikely. So really we are looking at a play off place at best, I think the winning of the league us now beyond us even if we hit form

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 19:29

Agree can't see where a goal is coming from but if it all clicks at Bromley and we go on a winning run top is still very doable

Date: 25 September, 2017 20:07

Kenny I love your optimism. I'm the eternal optimist but even I can't see all the teams above us failing enough to have us pass them all. But I hope your right.
Going for a 0-0 on Saturday to at least stop the freefall slightly

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2017 22:13

Quote:
AndyMase
It's not just 9 points, even if we hit form we are now relying on all the teams above us to falter, which is unlikely.

They wouldn't win all the time though naturally and if some of them are beaten then it reels them in and there's enough of the not played ones like Halifax, Bromley and Maidstone to reel in.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Date: 25 September, 2017 23:23

Let's start with a win at Bromley, although I would probably settle for a score draw right now

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2017 06:52

Before we start to worry about winning the league or promotion under the current set up, we should maybe just start trying to worry about scoring a goal or two, only Tranmere fans could have a team who is minus 1 goal difference, 2 points off relegation, can't buy a goal in 8 games and be talking promotion or winning the league. We could have played for another 8 hours on Saturday and we wouldn't have scored, the lack of goals are so bad it's almost as if the players are acting in a deliberate manner. Geninunely think that the youth team should start on Saturday, quite frankly they can only do better.

Posted by: sparky100 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2017 07:43

Totally agree Higgo, cast these prima donnas to one side and give the youth team a run out. It will certainly be far more entertaining than watching this bunch of misfiring misfits! As I've said on another post how anyone can believe we have the best bunch of players in this league truly amazes me!! A spell on the bench may make them realise they are replaceable!

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2017 08:02

Quote:
Higgosboots
Before we start to worry about winning the league or promotion under the current set up, we should maybe just start trying to worry about scoring a goal or two, only Tranmere fans could have a team who is minus 1 goal difference, 2 points off relegation, can't buy a goal in 8 games and be talking promotion or winning the league. We could have played for another 8 hours on Saturday and we wouldn't have scored, the lack of goals are so bad it's almost as if the players are acting in a deliberate manner. Geninunely think that the youth team should start on Saturday, quite frankly they can only do better.

+1 higgo. The dire lack of goals is a massive massive worry. If we dont score at bromley on saturday then we will really be under the spotlight in our next game in front of the tv cameras at prenton vs orient. Remembering gary brabin lost his job after the live tv game away at sutton last season. I believe mr palios was in china at the time of that sutton game. If we dont score at bromley and mr palios isnt at the orient game and we fail to find the net yet again against the Os then maybe its deja vu time and curtains for micky. The fact of being in front of the tv cameras adds added pressure on a manager and the club i reckon. The cameras dont lie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/09/2017 08:08 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: chrisprover (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2017 08:57

ITHINK M.M IS PROBABLY RUNNING AROUND SAYING WERE DOOMED, WHERE IS CAPTAIN MAINWARING TO GET US ORGANISED.

Posted by: iagoapcen (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2017 09:49

and it's still only September...

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2017 10:02

Quote:
iagoapcen
and it's still only September...

That's the sort of quotes we heard during December , February, March and April/May in our last season in the real world (sorry I mean the Football League) and the @#$%& hit the fan. Result we find ourselves in this damn league which will in the be harder to get out of it than falling in the first place.

Posted by: iagoapcen (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2017 11:07

it can be read in different ways
"all this negativity and it's still only September"
not only
"let's keep the faith, it's still only September"
:-)
I'm as depressed and worried, deeply, as anyone
my soul is crushed again and again
and still I get backup and ask for more

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 22:35

I think all supporters feel that way fidelity is not just the preserve of optimists. I have had more than six decades of up and downs with Rovers but the reality is that never have they been lower than they are now. Being nine points off the top is a mere detail against such a low point in our history

Posted by: Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 23:37

We're 'only' 7 points of a play-off place. It is possible to go up by this route but however we look at it we must score some goals. And in doing so score more than the opposition. The only positive now is that we're not conceding many. I will be at all the home matches I can and before each and every game I will know that this is the match in which it all comes together. One win will lead to another and before you know it we're the envy of all. Do you know, everything looks good from cloud cuckoo land!

Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2017 12:00

Not going to lie I'm panicking. I'd say teams can smell blood rather than fearing a backlash. We can pull ourselves out of this but it could be slow climb and a bit of snakes and ladders. I'm not expecting a 5+ straight wins scenario to catapult us into the leading pack.

Date: 29 September, 2017 13:16

Matt that is the point that we probably wouldn't win them all either, so we have to be significantly better though than a significant number of teams to win the league. I don think though we could scrape into a pkay off place

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 29 September, 2017 15:24

We can still win the league but not without something changing and I don't particularly mean formation, there has to be some big shift in attitude from managment and players. We are far to risk averse at the moment we won't gamble and bomb on or send numbers forwards. That was the big difference when MM came in last season he committed men forwards at every opportunity and just put a sheer weight of pressure on opponents that it was ineviatable we would score "the" goal. He needs to take a step backwards and look at the situation as though he is coming into his first game in charge as a new manager and swallow his pride. We are in exactly the same boat as under GB at the moment so scared of conceding that we won't commit players into danger zones, we need to relaase the shackles. If we are going to win the league we need to win the next 9 games if we do that we will be top of the pops by Christmas. But like a say unless that change happens then we should just worry about scoring a goal.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net