Current Page: 1 of 2
Norwood on Twitter
Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 15:27

Just been browsing my Twitter account and noticed that Norwood has been getting a fair bit of flack from disgruntled Rovers fans on there.

Whilst his lack of goals is a bit shocking ( So is everyone else's), you cannot knock him for the amount of work he puts in when playing.

Maybe he's the target on Twitter because all the other players have surprisingly stayed off their Twitter pages whilst we've been on this dismal run?

Some of the comments being made are an embarrassment and uncalled for.

It's as though he's getting the flack for the whole team because he's the only one active on there ATM?

I'm sure he hears enough bad comments from the stands during our recent games, without trolls giving it to him during his down time too.

Things like this are what will put players off coming to this club, and cause them to reject new contracts going forward.

We know it's horrible at the moment, but I'm sure trolling one our hardest working players isn't going to help.

Re: Norwood on Twitter
Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 15:37

Your right pez shunt happen it's a shame he should be abused like that.

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 15:40

I don't get why people do it. It'd put me off doing well knowing it'd bring joy to someone who's called me for everything.

I used to cringe when our fans used to sing about hating scousers with Aldo, irons, the tank, Morrissey amongst others on the pitch. Self-sabotaging bunch we are.

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 16:03

He shouldn't be getting any flak as he always gives of his best.These people ,probably, would take offence if anyone had a go at them.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 17:43

I was one of those that commented to be honest lads, i found his tweet really flippent considering weve scored once in 5 games and are one defeat outside the relegation zone.

Its not really the time to be making light out of his scoring ability i am increasingly getting the impression the players dont care.

Tell me if im wrong..

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 18:14

him and the rest of the team stay off Twitter /Facebook etc because they should know what to expect. what was he expecting heaps of praise .they are absolute garbage this season though it's not nice not totally unexpected .people get abused on Twitter for all sorts of reasons. being in a @#$%& team will do it

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 18:42

What ever, he's put his head above the parapet and decided to kick a ball round for a living for the next few years before getting a real job, it's all part and parcel of the deal, can't just take the praise when it goes well. I'm sure he sees it for what it is and probably doesn't care.

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 20:53

I totally disagree.

Hes allowed to use social media as much as anyone else, regardless of what he does for a living.

Theres 16 players in the squad every week. They are all below par atm, but trolling them on social media is hardly going to make then want to kick on is it?

At least Norwood puts a shift in when he plays.

The current problem is a bit more deep rooted than just missing goals. Its a moral issue and trolling our players is adding to the problem.

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 20:59

Quote:
pez
Just been browsing my Twitter account and noticed that Norwood has been getting a fair bit of flack from disgruntled Rovers fans on there.
Whilst his lack of goals is a bit shocking ( So is everyone else's), you cannot knock him for the amount of work he puts in when playing.

Maybe he's the target on Twitter because all the other players have surprisingly stayed off their Twitter pages whilst we've been on this dismal run?

Some of the comments being made are an embarrassment and uncalled for.

It's as though he's getting the flack for the whole team because he's the only one active on there ATM?

I'm sure he hears enough bad comments from the stands during our recent games, without trolls giving it to him during his down time too.

Things like this are what will put players off coming to this club, and cause them to reject new contracts going forward.

We know it's horrible at the moment, but I'm sure trolling one our hardest working players isn't going to help.

+1

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 21:01

Quote:
pez
I totally disagree.
Hes allowed to use social media as much as anyone else, regardless of what he does for a living.

Theres 16 players in the squad every week. They are all below par atm, but trolling them on social media is hardly going to make then want to kick on is it?

At least Norwood puts a shift in when he plays.

The current problem is a bit more deep rooted than just missing goals. Its a moral issue and trolling our players is adding to the problem.

+1

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 22:30

Its a simple game score more goals than the opposition you win

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 22:48

Providing none of the goals you score go in your own net (Sm7)

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 22:49

I don't use twitter but it worries me that people would use it simply to abuse others. It stinks of cowardice. Of course engage in a constructive conversation. Praise when appropriate and offer advice that may in someway be helpful. It's so much nonsense in the same way as shouting abuse from the terraces is. Yes be disappointed, be sickened that our team is struggling but don't lower yourself in a way that removes any credibility from what you may try to say.

Date: 28 September, 2017 05:49

If you actually read what i put on twitter it was in no way trolling, i pointed out that a lot of people were feeling hurt by the performances and results and he should not be on there joking and making light of our dreadful performances.

Lfc: we only scored once in 33 attempts

Norwood: sounds like my scoring rate.

He must have known this would p*** a lot of people off.

Date: 28 September, 2017 06:13

Quote:
the kav
If you actually read what i put on twitter it was in no way trolling, i pointed out that a lot of people were feeling hurt by the performances and results and he should not be on there joking and making light of our dreadful performances.

What's wrong with him having a laugh? I'm not his biggest fan but he runs his socks off every week, no issues with having a joke for me, big serious face isn't gonna make him score is it.

Date: 28 September, 2017 06:21

Its part of a bigger picture mate, cook hasnt tried since woking, mckeverley looks half a**** , ridehalgh is going through the motions this season its almost like the club is a joke to a few of the players . Its us thats gonna be picking up the pieces when they all move on... mark my words.

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2017 06:23

Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
the kav

What's wrong with him having a laugh? I'm not his biggest fan but he runs his socks off every week, no issues with having a joke for me, big serious face isn't gonna make him score is it.

If you TRFC to heart, then when we are in this position and negative comments, joke or not, is not going to go down well. If I didn't give a toss then I might laugh along, but at this time we have nothing to laugh about. We are however the laughing stock of the rest of this league.

Nors should know better than most about twitter and the trouble it can get you into.

Date: 28 September, 2017 06:32

Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
the kav

If you TRFC to heart, then when we are in this position and negative comments, joke or not, is not going to go down well. If I didn't give a toss then I might laugh along, but at this time we have nothing to laugh about. We are however the laughing stock of the rest of this league.

Nors should know better than most about twitter and the trouble it can get you into.

Spot on ak i wish i had put the message over as well as you did there... you hit the nail on the head, thats exactly how i feel

Date: 28 September, 2017 06:40

Quote:
the kav
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
the kav

Spot on ak i wish i had put the message over as well as you did there... you hit the nail on the head, thats exactly how i feel

But the players aren't TRFC to heart are they, you can't expect them to feel the same as you do about the club and he was hardly derogative about the club, he's just being honest, I'd be more worried if he thought his goal scoring was spot on, at least he sees there's an issue. After all we are talking about the bloke who thought it was acceptable to dress like a minstrel for an Xmas party, he's obviously not the sharpest tool in the box.

Date: 28 September, 2017 07:27

Fair point higgo

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net