Next 9 fixtures
Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 20:01

Think they will make or break the season, there are 8 really tough games coming up on paper starting with Bromley on Saturday, then obvs Orient on telly followed by a derby with Chester both home, then away to the Shots and Hartlepool followed by a home game, which should in theory be a bit of an easier game but could be a relegation show down with Halifax by that stage, then home to Daggers rounded off with 2 away trips to Gateshead and Macs.

Couple of possible cup games in their too.

Think Mellon Head just needs to pick a side and stick with it now for these games. I fear part of the problem may be the amount of changes looking for the quick fix.

Re: Next 9 fixtures
Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 20:52

that summary of games coming up has not improved my mood....

Posted by: Wozza (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 21:52

We’re f****d

Date: 27 September, 2017 22:14

Wasn't meant as a dreary post but prior to Xmas we play virtually the whole top 10!

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 22:36

At the start of the season that run of games (and the Wrexham game) were the ones that I couldn't wait for. Now it's a run of games that just brings trepidation. It's most definitely time to stand up and be counted.

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2017 23:13

Quote:
Higgosboots
Wasn't meant as a dreary post but prior to Xmas we play virtually the whole top 10!

So after Xmas we'll be be playing virtually the top 23 in the rest of our game's,sad ain't it.(Sm124)

Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2017 12:03

Quote:
BELMONT
Quote:
Higgosboots

So after Xmas we'll be be playing virtually the top 23 in the rest of our game's,sad ain't it.(Sm124)
It's heading that way at the moment BELMONT. Don't want to mention the R word but it's a real possibility if things carry on like this.

Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2017 12:49

We're doomed I tell yer , DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

Posted by: Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2017 12:58

By my reckoning, we currently have

10 points from 6 games against teams in 12th downwards (2 wins, 4 draws)

3 points from 6 games against teams from 11 upwards (1 win, 5 defeats).

That might be a small sample, but it still shows a convincing pattern. Obviously that pattern might be completely different on Saturday (as teams move positions) but it is showing, from a relegation perspective, that we are winning the type of games we need to in order to go up.

Also, we are yet to lose at home against a team outside the top 5. We might not like losing half of our home matches, but 4 of our 6 home games have been against teams in the top 6.

Statistics don't necessarily tell us everything, or reflect performances. But when you look through our results there isn't too much to suggest a relegation fight (despite our position).

Posted by: coltran (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2017 13:03

How times have changed when the next 9 matches are considered tough.

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2017 14:37

We could be top by Christmas

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2017 15:06

Can't remember full facts but where we're Bristol rovers this time of the season the year they went up .

Posted by: jal jal (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2017 15:51

Quote:
Loyden1
Can't remember full facts but where we're Bristol rovers this time of the season the year they went up .

The thing also to remember since Bristol,is that teams have got better and are better organised and are better funded than they used to be, especially the relegated teams from L2 with more parachute money than Rovers got when they came down.
This season was supposed to be easier,but there are no easy games in the National League which is a very hard league to get out of, and all these so called small teams it's their Cup Finals everytime they play a former league club.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2017 16:28

Bristol rovers started off slowly that year but by the 12th game they were up to 4th position in the table and then went on a great run of results for the rest of the season. they only lost 5 games all season compared to eventual champions barnet who lost 10 games. they finished on 91pts , 1 point behind barnet.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 28/09/2017 16:36 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2017 16:46

barnet went up as auto champions and yet lost 10 games,, there is hope!

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2017 17:02

I just hope we get enough points from these games to stay clear of relegation.Nothing about our season so far remotely suggests that we will be a promotion team,whatever the gap in points

Posted by: Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 06:05

Quote:
Higgosboots
Think they will make or break the season, there are 8 really tough games coming up on paper starting with Bromley on Saturday, then obvs Orient on telly followed by a derby with Chester both home, then away to the Shots and Hartlepool followed by a home game, which should in theory be a bit of an easier game but could be a relegation show down with Halifax by that stage, then home to Daggers rounded off with 2 away trips to Gateshead and Macs.
Couple of possible cup games in their too.

Think Mellon Head just needs to pick a side and stick with it now for these games. I fear part of the problem may be the amount of changes looking for the quick fix.

Halifax will be no pushover either, they have an excellent right winger who can take on and beat players - and score (MM and his sharpeyed scouts went for Dunn though).

I cannot see MM lasting through this I'm afraid! He has made a complete and utter pigs ear of things and like it or not we are now in serious danger of getting relegated. On paper, today is the easiest game.

Date: 30 September, 2017 19:10

1 game down, 1 point closer another 8 of those weeks and well be top by December! Looking forwards to the

(Sm24)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net