Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Next up: Bromley (A)
Posted by: roger mellie (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 15:39

Cannot remember the last time I felt such a mix of relief and delight at a 1-0.
Agree with Chris above. We have not really been outplayed (just out manoeuvered); have the third best defensive record in the division; and with the addition of some pace going forward will start to score goals and pick up results.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 23:13

The goalkeeper and back line are what's keeping Tranmere in with some chance of a turnaround, because without that Tranmere would be sinking worse than the Costa Concordia.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 23:25

Quote:
Matt34
The goalkeeper and back line are what's keeping Tranmere in with some chance of a turnaround, because without that Tranmere would be sinking worse than the Costa Concordia.
The trouble is that for too many games the back line has included the back 4/5 and most of the midfield too. I can only assume that this is the tactics that they have been sent out to play, a bit more forward ambition is what is needed. The perfect example of this was at Ebbsfleet when Norwood got to the byline but there was no one in the same half as him...

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 09:42

Quote:
Matt34

And the job of the defence and goalkeeper is?

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 13:59

Quote:
Matt34

Ha, that reminds me of that famous quote

"Tranmere will never be able to compete with Liverpool and Everton. They're like big liners like the Queen Mary, but I see Tranmere as the Costa Concordia"

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 00:17

Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
Matt34

And the job of the defence and goalkeeper is?

Exactly, but the point being is Tranmere would be worse off if the defense and goalkeeper were ballsing up too often and Tranmere had conceded double or worse triple the number of goals thus far.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Current Page: 4 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net