Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Ben Tollitt Out
Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 15:35

Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
As I understand it, this injury has nothing to do with his old injury and nothing to do with the conditions. He said he took a knock. Could happen any time. What's Mellon going to be blamed for next?
For playing Tollitt on Wednesday night,if the the weather had been dry and the pitch not so heavy with water due to the rain Tottitt may have moved quicker and got out of the way of the knock.😀

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 15:54

Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Well said Belmont of course we all wanted him back ,but to throw him in the deep end after such a long lay off was not the right choice 20 mins Wednesday and Against Chester then assessed him again not many players coming back from a long lay off get to start a full game ,to me that's not looking out for the lad ,more like an act of desperation
maybe could of tried him in the shallow end first !

Tollitt out for 12 weeks
Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 12:40

Seems it been confirmed out for 12 weeks.

Re: Tollitt out for 12 weeks
Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 13:37

Yes 12wks. Gutted for Ben and a big blow to Rovers. Here's to 2018 bringing him better luck.

Re: Tollitt out for 12 weeks
Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 15:57

Let's hope that DMH's debut performance wasn't a flash in the pan and he proves to be a suitable replacement for Tollitt.

I'm hoping DMH can provide the flare we need to win games and go on a decent run in the league.

He's here for a month initially but I would imagine that is negotiable between the two clubs?

Still not sure why we've signed another striker though?

Would have rather seen another midfielder come of a similar style to Wallace. (I don't mean a sick note player btw).

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 17:14

Quote:
Yardleys Cat
Hindsight is such a wonderful thing. Not once, either before the game or while it was in progress, did I hear anyone say that Ben should not have played. Speaking to people prior to kick off and all over social media, everyone was saying they were delighted he was back. He then gets injured, nothing to to do with his previous cruciate injury, and so many are now saying he should not have started, MM has panicked, wrong pitch etc etc etc.
It really seems some people are only happy when criticising.

You don't need to rely on hindsight when you have foresight, as per my earlier comments he shouldn't play give him 25 minutes. It is not a repeat of the injury but an injury sustained through desperation and lack of match fitness. It's fine belting up and down solar campus, running through cones and playing 2 touch with your mates. I can tell you from personal experience NOTHING can replicate competition and the stresses and strains this puts on you. ACL can be career ending and it's for all these reasons, the repair maybe stronger but it's the collateral damage you can legislate for. Coming on for the last 20 if the game allows means everyone else is tired and he would be far fresher to compete comparatively. We all know Davies team talk would have been centred on BT once he saw the sheet, get into him, kick him welcome him back to the NL.

Posted by: Yardleys Cat (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 18:19

Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
Yardleys Cat
Hindsight is such a wonderful thing. Not once, either before the game or while it was in progress, did I hear anyone say that Ben should not have played. Speaking to people prior to kick off and all over social media, everyone was saying they were delighted he was back. He then gets injured, nothing to to do with his previous cruciate injury, and so many are now saying he should not have started, MM has panicked, wrong pitch etc etc etc.

You don't need to rely on hindsight when you have foresight, as per my earlier comments he shouldn't play give him 25 minutes. It is not a repeat of the injury but an injury sustained through desperation and lack of match fitness. It's fine belting up and down solar campus, running through cones and playing 2 touch with your mates. I can tell you from personal experience NOTHING can replicate competition and the stresses and strains this puts on you. ACL can be career ending and it's for all these reasons, the repair maybe stronger but it's the collateral damage you can legislate for. Coming on for the last 20 if the game allows means everyone else is tired and he would be far fresher to compete comparatively. We all know Davies team talk would have been centred on BT once he saw the sheet, get into him, kick him welcome him back to the NL.

Sorry if I missed it but, prior to kick off, where and when did you post/comment that Ben should not have started. I would also think that prior to selection MM would have sought the views of the club doctor, physio, possibly the surgeon and BT himself. Unless of course you know otherwise. The injury he sustained on Wednesday could have happened anytime and tackles are more likely to be mis timed in the last twenty minutes when the pitch is heavier and defenders tired.

Date: 06 October, 2017 18:44

Quote:
Yardleys Cat
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
Yardleys Cat

Sorry if I missed it but, prior to kick off, where and when did you post/comment that Ben should not have started. I would also think that prior to selection MM would have sought the views of the club doctor, physio, possibly the surgeon and BT himself. Unless of course you know otherwise. The injury he sustained on Wednesday could have happened anytime and tackles are more likely to be mis timed in the last twenty minutes when the pitch is heavier and defenders tired.

Right at the top of this thread when I said personally I wouldn't start him! An it wouldn't be like a football club to utilise a player who's not fit would it? The body is more susceptible to "those unrelated" injuries when not fit. drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2017 18:47 by Higgosboots.

Re: Post Match MM/if you were MM would you start BT
Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 19:41

Maybe you should have made him a paper mache bandage from all of those ripped up £20 notes to wrap around his knee.

For that reason, his injury is more your fault than MM's (Sm151)

In all seriousness though, he did take quite a kick about 5mins before going off. Going to happen on any type of pitch in any game in this league.

Re: Post Match MM/if you were MM would you start BT
Date: 06 October, 2017 20:14

Quote:
rossb07
Maybe you should have made him a paper mache bandage from all of those ripped up £20 notes to wrap around his knee.
For that reason, his injury is more your fault than MM's (Sm151)

In all seriousness though, he did take quite a kick about 5mins before going off. Going to happen on any type of pitch in any game in this league.

I winced when he had that air shot after the lad kicked him, that hurt my knee! And I reckon at that point you wouldn't have wanted to be Mangan sat behind Micky, (Sm159)

Posted by: Yardleys Cat (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 11:05

Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
Yardleys Cat
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
Yardleys Cat

Right at the top of this thread when I said personally I wouldn't start him! An it wouldn't be like a football club to utilise a player who's not fit would it? The body is more susceptible to "those unrelated" injuries when not fit. drinking smiley

Your original post was more of a should we or shouldn’t we start Ben, and you concluding that personally you wouldn’t start him. It’s then a big leap to ‘Mellon Head getting it wrong again’ and ‘just cannot see why he started’.

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net