Current Page: 1 of 3
Post Match MM/if you were MM would you start BT
Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 18:28

Post Match Mellon Head had a slightly different tone this week, maybe a case of the win allowing him to be a bit more honest or a case of nonexcuses left, seemed to acknowledge that this group isn't good enough as it stands and that we need more flare. An acknowledgment that it's not just about silky skills and as much about digging in.

In respects of Tollit, acknowledging we lack flare, pace and the ability to go past players and the fact he's not fit do you start Tollit Wednesday. Personally I thick not, at this stage I feel he may offer something more coming on from the bench with 25-30 to go, he'll be fresh defenders will be starting to flag, he can mix it up and gives him the best chance to run riot.

Re: Post Match MM/if you were MM would you start BT
Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 18:42

Reckon he might give the new lad from Barnsley some game time as well as Tollitt but probably not both at the same time. 50/50 to me which of the two he starts with.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 18:48

Tollitt will get about 60 min.... dont expect too much for a month or so though

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 18:48

there must be a huge potential to play Tollitt, but I wouldn't start him on Wednesday, he needs to come back gradually probably used for 20 minutes at the end of the next few games until he can build back up match fitness.

Posted by: Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 19:17

It was the Chester game last season that their gamesmanship got him sent off!

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 21:22

If he's fit play him to get match fitness if he's not wait

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 22:43

I thought when I saw the title of this thread, it was about which media organisation Micky Mellon should speak to first after matches (Sm7)

Mellon's preferred rota for the cattle call.

Tranmere TV
Wirral News
Wirral Globe
Sky
Liverpool Echo
BT Sport.

Tollit was alleged to be fully fit by Mellon, but I suspect he'll start and only get 70-75 minutes, with the Barnsley lad Dylan getting the remainder of the pitch time that Tollit won't play, unless Mellon plans to dovetail them both into the team at the same time, for a reasonable length of time.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 14:11

Tollitt was a very serious injury and he needs easing back.Much as we need his flair we cannot afford him to be back on the bench for months.

Has anyone heard anything about Wallace and whether he is ever likely to be able to play a sustained run of matches

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 17:49

We so need wallaces passing ability he passes forward for a start

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 18:14

Wallace will be out until at least January according to Mellon.

He's had to have another operation about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

We'd be better planning for life without him, even if he is eating up valuable cash.

Date: 04 October, 2017 19:33

Quote:
Higgosboots
Post Match Mellon Head had a slightly different tone this week, maybe a case of the win allowing him to be a bit more honest or a case of nonexcuses left, seemed to acknowledge that this group isn't good enough as it stands and that we need more flare. An acknowledgment that it's not just about silky skills and as much about digging in.
In respects of Tollit, acknowledging we lack flare, pace and the ability to go past players and the fact he's not fit do you start Tollit Wednesday. Personally I thick not, at this stage I feel he may offer something more coming on from the bench with 25-30 to go, he'll be fresh defenders will be starting to flag, he can mix it up and gives him the best chance to run riot.

Mellon Head wrong again

Posted by: ming05 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 19:38

Wallace is still in leg braces

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 21:31

Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
Higgosboots

Mellon Head wrong again

Even when we win and deserve to, still moans...

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't!

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 22:09

Also someone replying to their own posts that they've quoted. There can't be many sadder sights than that, with the possible exception of an abandoned wet dog by the roadside and people liking their own stuff on social media.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 22:54

Quote:
Matt34
Also someone replying to their own posts that they've quoted. There can't be many sadder sights than that, with the possible exception of an abandoned wet dog by the roadside and people liking their own stuff on social media.
Matt you're a tough man but you're right.

Posted by: Wearepoo (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 00:18

Haha spot on

Date: 05 October, 2017 06:45

Yes because the manger made yet another poor decision, when have you ever heard of a player being out 8 months and starting from the off especially in @#$%& wet weather. It's not like he's even been playing reserve football. As for wet dogs, that's up their with people who think Premier League players should be on our maybe list and writing on backs of stamps.

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 16:56

Quote:
Higgosboots
Yes because the manger made yet another poor decision, when have you ever heard of a player being out 8 months and starting from the off especially in @#$%& wet weather. It's not like he's even been playing reserve football. As for wet dogs, that's up their with people who think Premier League players should be on our maybe list and writing on backs of stamps.

I don’t doubt for a second Tollitt would of started if not given the nod by the club doctor and physio first ... this isn’t pub football.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 17:20

Assuming Tollitt wasn't risking his injury - and it doesn't seem like he was - I'm not too fussed whether he played the first half hour or last half hour.

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 17:45

If he hadn't played him last night and just sat him on the bench in the unbearable weather, MM would've gotten so much flak it's unbelievable (even more so if we'd have drawn or lost).

So for me, him playing the first 35 mins in the light rain while the pitch still held up is a damn sight better than the last 35 were any twinge would've been amplified on a heavy pitch.

MM's made the correct call regarding Tollit and the team last night and hopefully we get him for a full 45 on Saturday!

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net