O/T FGR Forum
Posted by: acc928 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 13:26

Too cheer myself up last week I took to following the fgr fans forum. I thought there may have been some comments about our current predicament but we dont get a mention even in a thread about this years National League.
One poster wrote 'for the last 3 seasons, there has always been a very narrow gap between Dover and FGR, yet again-this season-just one place separates the two clubs'

Re: O/T FGR Forum
Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 13:45

I think they have enough troubles of their own .a case of people who live in glass houses should not throw stones .plenty of shouts for the manager to go .i don't think he will survive much longer .6 months in football is a long time .beaten again by Accrington Stanley .remember Accrigton were the butt of football jokes and the famous advert ,the jokes on us now well done to them .all done on half our gates .there is a lesson there somewhere

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 14:11

Quite simply IMO, summed up as John Coleman, who continues to unearth good players and mould them into a very attack minded formation.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 22:24

Exactly .so why can't we .oh I forgot we only keep the promising young ones to warm the bench till they get fed up and move on .silly me thinking they might get a chance and so get sold on

Posted by: CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 08:10

I guess we're not the centre of their universe then

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 10:03

Quote:
CaptainFriendly

They way it was going for us(till Saturday's win) Tranmere was slipping away from the centre universe for Tranmere fan's as well. Sadly we're not far away from the black hole of Northern Conference league ,so we have to kick on with two home wins this week.

Posted by: roger mellie (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 15:47

We would have struggled in league 2 this season.

Posted by: efc0trfc3 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 08:20

Quote:
roger mellie
We would have struggled in league 2 this season.
Do you have Saturdays lotto numbers as well please?
It's impossible to say, if we had been a league club we probably would have released a few more of the current squad and replaced them accordingly with a different class of player. There's no saying where would be in league 2.

Date: 05 October, 2017 10:22

Quote:
BELMONT
Quote:
CaptainFriendly

They way it was going for us(till Saturday's win) Tranmere was slipping away from the centre universe for Tranmere fan's as well. Sadly we're not far away from the black hole of Northern Conference league ,so we have to kick on with two home wins this week.

We're halfway there thumbs down

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 12:19

There is quite a lengthy but interesting article about FGR in the daily mail online. Article by sam morshead for mailonline dated 4th october 2017. Its titled - access all areas: sportsmail is invited behind the scenes at forest green to see how EFL's newest club operates from top to bottom on matchday.. sorry but dont know how to post the article on the forum. Its worth a read so if anyone can post it on to the forum, thks.

Date: 05 October, 2017 13:02

Link for the FGR article

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 14:53

Quote:
acc928
Link for the FGR article
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Many thks acc928..so they have a celebrity fan, author Jilly Cooper. not related to the boss is she? lol. the article is a good insight in to what goes on during matchdays.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2017 15:04 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 19:40

I know they excite the media but can't forgive the antics at Wembley and call me a bad loser but I hope we replace them in the football league

Date: 06 October, 2017 22:52

Count me in and I'm a bad loser, dont like them at all..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net