340 minutes without a goal ......
Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 19:41

Some other stats from 2017-18 to put our season and squad so far in perspective

Dave Tarpey from Maidstone has scored a goal every 73 minutes in the NL so far this season.

Harry Kane has scored 13 goals in September

Saido Berhanio has not scored a goal for 31 hours and 48 minutes of game time

Crystal Palace yet to score this season 630 minutes, 100 mins shy of Halifax's FL record despite having a CF who has generated £59.5 million in 2 transfer fees since July 2015 and despite the player earning in excess of £6.2 million a year in wages.

Leicester have won only 1 of last 10 games under Shakespeare despite winning 7 from the first 10.

Swansea have lost 4 games this year thanks to conceding past the 90 minute mark.

Steve McNulty is Rovers eldest player at 34, Peter Crouch scored Stokes winner yesterday 122 days shy of his 37th birthday

Highest PL attendance so far 75,118 lowest PL 10,369

Crystal Palace have a total of zero points and will have spent £55 million in players wages for that privilege based on 2016-17 wage bills by the end of the season.

Man City have scored 22 goals in 7 PL games from 53 shots on target

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 19:44 by Higgosboots.

Re: 340 minutes without a goal ......
Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 20:39

Tarpey's average won't change - signed for Barnet then did his cruciate, out for the season.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 21:06

Tarpey also played for Maidenhead not Maidstone.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 22:39

And don't forget Crystal Palace have got the most boring man I have ever heard,. Hodgson as manager .he won't have come cheap and he won't make a difference just another loser plucked off the management roundabout .they are to me already doomed it's a shame I quite like them but this what happens to a mackerel in shark infested waters .they have spent a lot of money but not enough to save them .as the guy in the Jaws movie said "we need a bigger boat"

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 22:52

Impossible to say he won't make a difference, based on a little to no games managed.

As for him being a loser, his CV is more than impressive, although his recent history with Liverpool and England has not been all he would have wished for, but he still got England to a World cup, which is something someone in 1978 and another one in 1994 failed to do.

He's also managed 3 international teams which some half decent managers who might want to manage internationally that never get the chance to do.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net