Halifax away FA Cup
Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 12:24

Obviously an unknown entity to us having not played them for several years but seem to be holding there own in NL

Re: Halifax away FA Cup
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 14:30

third season on the bounce that we have drawn a NL side in the FA Cup. IMO, should always give the FA Cup a go at. oldest cup competition in the world, jam-packed with history, tradition, david vs goliath ties, shocks n upsets etc etc. look how Sutton utds run in last seasons competition is helping them now and the money they made from it.

Posted by: roger mellie (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 14:43

Halifax always a great day out.

Date: 02 October, 2017 14:49

Quote:
roger mellie
Halifax always a great day out.

went to the old shay twice before but have yet to see the newly developed ground. worst half time pie I ever had was at Halifax. a huge rock hard pastry, u could actually lift the top of the pie off to view its contents, which in this case, were two crappy lumps of potato, a small piece of shriveled-up meat and not a drop of gravy. I still consumed the damn thing, lol.

Date: 02 October, 2017 14:57

one of the worst rovers performances I have ever witnessed was vs Halifax in a div 4 game at prenton in the mid 80s. it was an evening game and we lost 3-0. IIRC we were 3 down at half time. Halifax were poor, rovers were unbelievably woeful. there were only about 1,200 in the ground that night and at half time it was so unbearable that myself n 2 pals and quite a few others had had enough and headed for the exit at the corner of the borough rd n open end. the gate man wouldn't let us out, saying that he couldn't open the gates until 10 mins before the end of the match, we all had to turn back and watch the 2nd half, lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2017 14:58 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 17:09

That's another bad draw....
Would not say I fancy our chances that much. In our present situation a nice cup run to hopefully generate some extra cash would be nice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net