Andy Cook
Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 13:27

I can really see us losing him. Last season dropped despite being leading scorer and later player of the season.
This season constantly being dropped for a striker clearly struggling to find his feet.
And apparently he and his family were abused by a fan at the Wrexham game. Cook apparently went into the main stand to confront the fan. And later went into the fan park clearly upset by the incident. I didn't witness any of this but have heard and read from a few different sources

Re: Andy Cook
Posted by: trfc-boi (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 14:00

Hi 2 the moon,
Am sure cook is frustrated at times.

Me and my Nephews stayed behind after Wrexham match, all gutted, as my nephews wanted to see players after the game, Wrexham coach collected players.

Nords, Cook, Alabi all greeted odd fan left outside, Cook never went into the fan park, I saw him walk out players entrance to parked cars, so sorry but the above is not true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2017 14:00 by trfc-boi.

Date: 02 October, 2017 14:11

Just going off what I read. It said cook spoke to a group in the fan park and showed them a pic of the fan and explained what happened. But I wasn't there so I don't know.
The part about him going in the main stand to confront someone i heard from someone who wouldn't make it up. So I'm taking at least that part as gospel.

Posted by: WrexhamFan11 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 14:37

He's on his way to the town

Posted by: Robbie126 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 14:57

As much as I rate Cookie, if his hearts not in it then he should move on for his sake and ours. He's a guaranteed 20+ goals a year man (if played in the right formation and with decent service) but this season just hasn't got going, but then again who has.
Would be sad to see him go but, the king is dead, long live the king!!

Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 15:30

More unwanted rumours .Hope the players dont read these threads .Wrexhamfan11 is that your age ?

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 15:35

Quote:
dicko111
More unwanted rumours .Hope the players dont read these threads .Wrexhamfan11 is that your age ?

lol, nice on. if its not his age, then it may well be his IQ level. I believe an under 20 IQ score is classed as 'profound mental retardation,'

Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 15:40

commonly known as sheep sha...g

Posted by: roger mellie (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 15:42

I just do not think that he is a Mellon player and despite how much we would all pick him, he will be out of the club by the end of January.

Date: 02 October, 2017 16:35

You know it makes sense

Date: 02 October, 2017 17:26

I think Wrexhamfan11 is forgetting its us that takes their captains, leading goalscorers and players of the season. Not vise versa.

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 17:36

He has the remainder of this season left on his contract.

I doubt he'll extend that, so I see him being sold in January to Notts County tbh.

Cash in on the remainder of his current deal or he will leave for free next Summer.

Shame its not working out for him here.

Date: 02 October, 2017 18:07

Quote:
2 the moon
I think Wrexhamfan11 is forgetting its us that takes their captains, leading goalscorers and players of the season. Not vise versa.

They seem to be doing well this season ahahah

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 18:24

Quote:
pez
He has the remainder of this season left on his contract.
I doubt he'll extend that, so I see him being sold in January to Notts County tbh.

Cash in on the remainder of his current deal or he will leave for free next Summer.

Shame its not working out for him here.
The problem is not so much that it isn't working out here but rather that Cook and he have obviously had a falling out. Replacing him for Stockton at end of last season I can understand and accept. Him not being picked for the first game of the season and playing Alabi instead in that game personally I can't. After all if as people seem to believe he wanted a move and it was turned down then what is the point of then not playing him as your starting centre forward? Makes no sense to me but the fact that MM has fallen out with him and Sutton does not reflect well.

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 19:15

First I've heard of a fall out with Ritchie

Posted by: roversoffspring (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 20:46

If he leaves would make more sense him going Notts county as this season Wrexham would be a side step the state we are in and previous seasons a step down as Wrexham have hardly been promotion candidates and been in non league for a decade and he's said he wants to play as high up as he can so moving Wrexham would just cement him wanting to be a non league player his career. if he's played in a 4-4-2 he'll score goals but he's not getting the service this season with us chopping and changing he just needs a run to boost his confidence which he hasn't got since last Christmas when he injured his hand.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 22:43

Will Mellon go before January. In which case Cook could feel more positive. Odd here we are struggling for goals and out most natural striker has had the confidence drained out of him

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 22:50

Quote:
kennyspint
Sorry I meant Dawson!

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 02 October, 2017 23:20

Quote:
DevonExile
Will Mellon go before January. In which case Cook could feel more positive. Odd here we are struggling for goals and out most natural striker has had the confidence drained out of him
I've seen him play a few times this season and he seemed out of sorts, not sure if that was a lack of motivation / p!$$ed off at not starting.

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 21:25

Quote:
ADD
Quote:
kennyspint
Sorry I meant Dawson!
Oh ok nice one

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net