Current Page: 1 of 2
Evan Gumbs
Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 11:19

Has just joined Warrington Town on loan for 1 month .Does that mean Mr McEverley will be back in the starting line up .

Re: Evan Gumbs
Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 12:35

It means like Mellon Head Saturday, for players to come in some have to go out, don't think he's quite ready yet to oust Sutton and McCeverley will get better the more he plays. Make sense for him to go out on loan, stay Match fit and get games.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2017 12:49 by Higgosboots.

Date: 03 October, 2017 13:19

Therefore should play Sutton .If McEverley isnt fit like suggested on previous threads where is the back up for CHalf .Agree Gumbs needs games and thankfully only for a month

Posted by: Old Rover (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 13:41

Is it any wonder we lose young players

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 14:51

I could be wrong but "mceverly can only get better " he's not a youngster. Surely gumbs would get better staying in ist team.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 15:11

I despair of our approach to developing talent.McEverley is clearly inadequate and a player in decline.Gumbs will only get better playing.He made his debut when we were still in the league so what sort of development is it or now be going to Warrington.
Does Mellon have a blind spot that makes him predisposed to those he has signed regardless of their flaws.
My confidence in him declines with almost every decision that he makes

Date: 03 October, 2017 15:48

Obviously MM has to prove to MP that the monies spent will prove to be worthwhile !!.McEverley will have to start proving his worth starting 2mw

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 16:00

Like Devon Exile I to despair over the talent in our youth system not being given a chance ,Gumbs is a good player who would get better if given the chance ,I don't know why we bother with a academy .it seems while the Mellon is in charge there not going to get a chance .i am amazed Pilling signed up for another season .he could end up being a welsh international and not getting a first team game for Tranmere .yet he will pay money for players who are just not good enough for even this League economics of a mad house

Posted by: Robbie126 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 16:13

Quote:
DevonExile
I despair of our approach to developing talent.McEverley is clearly inadequate and a player in decline.Gumbs will only get better playing.He made his debut when we were still in the league so what sort of development is it or now be going to Warrington.
Does Mellon have a blind spot that makes him predisposed to those he has signed regardless of their flaws.
My confidence in him declines with almost every decision that he makes

+1 Was it not just yesterday that Mellon said we had to give potential a chance or was that post Bromley game interview a figment of my imagination?

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 16:28

Stupid decision, he’s is a better prospect then McEverley and would learn so much from McNulty. McEverley should never have been signed, gumbs should be playing!

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 16:38

I think the majority agree andy

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 16:41

Is MM taking a leaf outta Alan Hansens book,, You cant win anything with kids!

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 16:43

I agree that he should be there or around the 1st team squad but if he's not playing say even 25% of the games then he won't be match fit, so a month's loan could be deemed as a way to get that fitness and stake more of a claim whilst the back line are still doing a good job without him.

Same could be said for Dawson, if he plays well and gets the minutes under the belt (disregarding any rumours about attitude) then he could come back in.

I trust their judgement more than i do our own simply because they work with them day in, day out.

Posted by: Old Rover (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 20:01

Quote:
hong kong rover
Is MM taking a leaf outta Alan Hansens book,, You cant win anything with kids!
You cant win anything with grandads either

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 20:47

For me, this epitomises our current risk averse approach. In my opinion, he should be getting game time with us. If you're good enough, you're old enough.

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 21:42

Quote:
Phil65
For me, this epitomises our current risk averse approach. In my opinion, he should be getting game time with us. If you're good enough, you're old enough.
+1

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 22:01

Quote:
rossb07
I agree that he should be there or around the 1st team squad but if he's not playing say even 25% of the games then he won't be match fit, so a month's loan could be deemed as a way to get that fitness and stake more of a claim whilst the back line are still doing a good job without him.
Same could be said for Dawson, if he plays well and gets the minutes under the belt (disregarding any rumours about attitude) then he could come back in.

I trust their judgement more than i do our own simply because they work with them day in, day out.
I love the humility but after more than sixty years of watching football I can at least spot the inadequate player. Whereas Mellon selects the same player. I have never been a politician but that does not prevent me or millions of others from judging the decisions of politicians. I am sorry for whilst. I could never manage a football club it is not unreasonable to judge the decisions of a manager.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 23:33

However Tranmere have one of the best defenses in the league and that includes McEverley being played frequently, as well as contributing to the scoring in one of the early games.

Mellon could use these things as reason(s) to keep picking him.

Also McEverley isn't not fit in the traditional sense right now, he was not played because he apparently told Mellon he'd played on a 3G pitch against Kilmarnock last season and took nearly a week to recover because of the effect it had on his knees, as Mellon mentioned in a recorded discussion before the Bromley game.

So McEverley was dropped so as not to hinder his chances of being available for the next game and possibly the one after that.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 00:00

I see no problem in Gumbs going out on loan if it's only for a month, especially as I reckon we'll be aiming to play with a back 4 now that we've got Tollitt back and the wide lad from Barnsley. For all the talk of youngsters never getting enough of a chance at Tranmere, has there been anyone since Vaulks who's gone on to prove themselves good enough for our level or better after leaving us?

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 00:08

I like you calling him the wide lad, as if he's a massive chubby.

Hopefully though he will get played against Orient in some way and make an impact on the flank.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net