Pop up ads
Posted by: Itsalldownhillfromhere (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 09:20

Is it just me and my laptop?, but I am getting really annoyed with the large pop up ad that takes over the page, requiring me to reload.... I cant scroll past it or see a way to remove it.... I just know I will never buy clothes from that well known supermarket!

Rant over....

Re: Pop up ads
Posted by: CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 15:23

If my understanding of cookies is correct, you were probably on the well - known supermarket's website looking at the clothes you were never going to buy.

My understanding may be less reliable than a Tranmere penalty though.

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 15:38

Install an Adblocker - most of the good ones such as Ublock do not slow down the PC

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 17:10

Gotta pay my wages somehow....

Posted by: tranmerepete (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 19:41

Yes fair play I downloaded it and no more pop ups

Every ball is a white ball............TRFC

Date: 05 October, 2017 08:57

Thanks, will try the ad blocker.... Hopefully a better defence than we are used to!

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 20:48

Kick a man when he's down! mini_andy's gonna have to find a real job now!

Posted by: Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 22:39

Using Windows on a Nokia mobile no pop-ups at all, the only ads are at the bottom of the screen, I think they know how tight I am and will NEVER respond to any kind of advertising.

Posted by: acc928 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 21:56

I dont have problems with pop ups or loss of speed but my preferred browser stops all that...

Date: 07 October, 2017 08:50

ublock has sorted out all my issues, thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net