Current Page: 1 of 2
Mottley-Henry
Posted by: cabletastic (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 10:04

Have to say that this lad looks promising on last night's showing. Not afraid to take players on and run at them. Hoping however that Tollit was just taken off as a precaution as playing with both of them gives us a lot of attacking pace.

Re: Mottley-Henry
Posted by: roger mellie (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 10:14

Just need to give him the ball.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 10:16

Yes l liked him as well .got some pace and can actually beat the full back, just what we need ,sign him for the season

Posted by: ming05 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 10:17

Unlikely Mellon would play both.

Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 10:36

I'd suggest he stays off the Smarties before the next game lol. Seriously though Fair play to the lad he looked busy and full of enthusiasm, how far away from the loans we had under Adams. He even managed to tackle himself

Posted by: 1983SWA (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 10:41

The most impressive thing about the lad was that he wasn't afraid of the physical side of the game and he also seemed to talk to his team mates, actually I thought last night was the first time this season that the players were talking to each other

Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 10:44

Also impressed with the young lad but Norwood stole the show .He was all over the park and never stopped running for 90 MINS .

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 11:06

Quote:
dicko111
Also impressed with the young lad but Norwood stole the show .He was all over the park and never stopped running for 90 MINS .

+1 also thought norwood was our best player last night..also liked the young lad from barnsley. He looked quick and had a go. Can we sign him up permanently?

Posted by: chrisprover (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 11:12

Yes very impressed with Henry, doing his fair share of hassling and tackling back agreed can we have him for the rest of the season.

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 11:46

Was it because we had a winger that pulled players away and gave Nors the space, as he seem to have the best game for a while

Posted by: acc928 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 12:05

Totally agree with you, Nors was my man of the match...

Posted by: TimmySoft (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 12:31

Nors was great, classic performance from him. Impressed with Mottley, he was jumping a good 18 inches higher than everyone else, showed pace and strength on a very awkward pitch.

He would be a very good signing on a long term basis

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 13:06

Looked very promising last night. I also thought Jennings had a decent game playing totally out of position.

But Dylan stole the show last night for me. Completely untested, he arrived with no fear or pressure, just did his job in the best way he could. It’s a shame the pitch was so bad because he could have caused some real damage on a better service.

I know the cross for the goal was deflected, but he was actually aiming for the 2 open players at the back post, so he had the composure to try to pick out the pass.

Posted by: Trover1 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 16:46

I'm convinced the sponsors meant to give motm to Norwood not Norburn, who certainly wasn't bad, but nowhere near a motm contender (for me!)

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 16:57

Looked good, nice to see us beat the last man

Posted by: Yiggsy (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 17:15

Really impressed with Mottley Henry; dynamic, leapt like a salmon, really wanted to run at players and cause havoc which he did a few times.

And what is more is that his new team mates haven't quite got to grips with him yet to provide the passes to unleash his full potential.

Still raw in some respects but exactly what we were crying out for.... pace, width and a have-a-go attitude.

At the end of the game he twice went over to the Kop to thank the crowd and then was clapping the main stand on his way off the pitch. I happened to be next to the pitch walking out of of the Bebington Paddock and shouted "Well Played, Lad" to him. He heard me and gave me a nod and a thumbs up. cool smiley

So, a very talented, appreciative lad who wants to prove himself and show what he can do. What's not to like?

Please sign him up Micky and Mark!

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 17:25

A very good start highly thought of at Barnsley, if he continues in the same way the best we can hope for is an extended loan to the end of the season but, on the evidence of last night I'll settle for that now!!!

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 19:28

Looked decent, shame he's only here a month, hopefully it's a month we can extend.

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 20:36

An excellent addition to our motley crew (how someone hasn't got that in yet, I'll never know!). I guess the problem now is that our expectations will be so high after his performance last night. At least it's brought a bit of excitement back and some consolation for Tollitt going off.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 23:27

Quote:
Phil65
An excellent addition to our motley crew (how someone hasn't got that in yet, I'll never know!). I guess the problem now is that our expectations will be so high after his performance last night. At least it's brought a bit of excitement back and some consolation for Tollitt going off.
sorry Phil but I got it in on the new winger Monday thread."pay attention that boy"

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net