Current Page: 1 of 3
Gerry McDonagh ?
Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 15:16

Are we wasting money again !! Just signed the above from Notts Forest on a months loan (another centre forward .WHAT !!!!

Re: Gerry McDonagh ?
Posted by: ming05 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 15:28

Another bench warmer

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 15:30

A big centre forward. So I guess he’ll be behind cook, Alabi and Waring fighting for 1 spot? Strange

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 15:35

On loan at Wrexham first part of last season scoring 5 goals moved on to Cambridge United for reminder of season.

Made Forest debut at 17, recently signed a new three year contract.

Suspect he will be more than a bench warmer?

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 15:39

Also cleared to play in FA Cup.

Posted by: terribletid (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 16:04

Alabi not good enough. This is the solution...

Posted by: stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 16:40

Clearly the summer signings Alibi, Waring, Rocco, Dunn are not up to the standard that MM expected, they certainly have not improved the team, if this guy is as good as Dylan then fair play to Micky for holding his hands up admitting the squad isn't good enough.
Is this a stop gap until Kirby is fit?

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 16:55

Thought that Alabi would have at least started against Chester, but then again using him as a hungry sub would be more effective.

Now again the age old question.....who starts?

Posted by: Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 17:00

Quote:
stairwaytoheaven
Clearly the summer signings Alibi, Waring, Rocco, Dunn are not up to the standard that MM expected, they certainly have not improved the team, if this guy is as good as Dylan then fair play to Micky for holding his hands up admitting the squad isn't good enough.
Is this a stop gap until Kirby is fit?

I think thats a fair comment, I would be thinking the club is trying to ship all 4 out + Mangan.

McDonagh looks OK, he scored 5 in 22 for Wrexham at the age of 18, now he's one year older, stronger and wiser.
Perhaps Baxter will complete the trio of signings.

Posted by: HardlyYardley (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 17:19

Obviously, I hope McDonagh is good, but I find this baffling. I thought Alabi was okay at Bromley. And wouldn't he benefit from wingers? And what about Waring? Okay, surplus to requirements at Stoke, but they're an established Premier League club. In a team that's been struggling for goals, how many minutes has he had on the pitch before now, presumably, moving further down the order?

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 17:51

I'll never question another addition up top in a squad not quite hitting the back of the net as frequently as it should.

That being said though, does make me wonder what the plan is for Alabi & Waring because they're also young and hungry.

Does give us the chance to change it up a bit more though, have to see what the lad has to offer before giving too much of a diagnosis.

P.S - Wirral Radio are adamant that Baxter isn't one of the 4 coming in.

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 18:28

Quote:
dicko111
Are we wasting money again !! Just signed the above from Notts Forest on a months loan (another centre forward .WHAT !!!!
I agree but we probably shouldn't be surprised by this?
maybe this weekend he can dispense with Wharton on the bench and have 5 forwards only.
I fear with MM in charge and with his recruitment record and tactics we are destined for at best playoff lottery for the foreseeable future.

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 19:18

Alabi s not up to it, no where near good enough, Not sure about Waring, is he back up for Cook, we don't have another option to Norwood so maybe this lad is back up or replacement to him, he's not a big forward at 5'10 and described by Wrexham last season as a CF who commits, so sounds like a live wire.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2017 19:21 by Higgosboots.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 20:54

It certainly appears an implicit acknowledgement that summer signings were poor. Just as long as it is not an excuse to yet again omit Cook. He needs games and support and he will be sharper and our best hope for goals

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 03:33

I think Cook could well be sold in January to Notts Cty before he walks for free next Summer?

Maybe Mellon is gearing up for this situation and Cook might well be left out?

I do have to say though, Cook played well on Wednesday night and didnt look that p*ssed off really?

Just dont understand why hes brought in another striker when we really need another defender or midfielder?

If its not Cook whos off, then Alabi, Waring or Mangan might be off on loan maybe?

Id be tempted to send Dunn out on loan to sharpen him up maybe?

Sure it will unfold over the next few weeks.

Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 13:40

A striker for one month. I just don't get it. Surely our best chance is giving what we already have more minutes. I'm not a football manager though.

Posted by: acc928 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 22:05

Unfortunately its what is needed right now. Without casting blame, I totally agree Alabi and Waring haven't been given a proper chance to establish themselves with new players around them. I fully support MM and while I don't relish a return to a team of loan players again, if it gets us up the league while we reform our team and tactics so be it...

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 08:51

Not against loan players if they are good enough and fit in,but at the start of the week there was talk about four new player's joining the squad nothing wrong with that.

But as the week by we've signed only two on one month contracts not what I wanted to hear,what was wanted at least to January (transfer window opens to include League Club's)when we could take stock.

As for the two we have signed it may have been better if they signed till the end of the season providing the home work was done on them.

Just don't want the revolving door as far as a settled first team squad with short term loans.

Posted by: SeeJayKay (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 10:38

As long as we have the option to extend a months loan isn't a bad start and lets us take a look rather than using up budget and loan slot on a player that doesn't turn out to be what we want. Hopefully DMH will play from the start today and pick up where he left off.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 18:44

He looked pretty ordinary when he came on tbh

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net