Current Page: 1 of 4
Next up: Chester (H)
Posted by: Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 19:49

The anxiety of the last few days while waiting for confirmation of Ben Tollitt's injury has caused some fans to bemoan our luck, and post rueful tweets about the 'lot' of a Tranmere fan. Understandable I suppose considering the last few years but I don't share that view and I actually think we are more lucky than plenty of other supporters around the country.

Before I say why, I am qualifying my judgement by talking about my time as a fan from 1986 and not just recent seasons. But I think you have to do that if we want to call ourselves fans - we can't pick and choose the eras we want to talk about can we.

So...outside the really big teams, can anyone else match our number of Wembley appearances? Can fans of other teams hark back to numerous giant killings in the cup - who can forget that comeback against Southampton and the spanking of Everton in their own back yard?

We have also been fortunate to see high quality players like John Aldridge, Pat Nevin, Frank Worthington and Ian Muir pull on the kit for our team. Never mind the fact that Alan Shearer, Paul Gascoigne, Steven Gerrard and Paolo de Canio have all run around on Prenton Park.

Some might say I am living in the past and am being over-sentimental but I would counter that by looking at our past meetings with Chester. The absolute best memories I have of playing our close rivals have been from the last two years in the National League, not as league clubs. The games have been passionate, close and full of atmosphere. Is this not what we pay our money for?

The 'Tranmere Way' then could have huge negative connotations if you want it to but I feel privileged to have been a fan over the last 30 years, and I wouldn't swap the experiences I have had for anything. Not even the one when Ryan 'Sumo' Astles equalised in the last minute at Prenton last season in this fixture because it made that win at The Deva even sweeter.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 16/10/2017 08:10 by mini_andy.

Re: Next up: Chester (H)
Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 20:59

Beautifully done. I often wonder if a genie said, "I'll give your team 10 years of success and then just nearly forever."

I'd also like to meet the man who said, "Yeah go on then".

2-0 win for rovers tomorrow. Cook and Alabi. As I said two weeks ago, we'll be top by Christmas.

Posted by: Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 21:04

2-0. It won't be easy to score twice but equally they won't threaten us hardly at all.

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 21:12

Great write up once again....If Tollitt didn't have bad luck he'd have no luck at all...
I am feeling a 2-0 win, the lad on loan from Barnsley is going to tear them apart...Cook and Norwood both on the score sheet again.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 22:47

Nice one again Kenny I think we are all positive for tmrw .let's attack and trounce them.

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 23:08

A different slant on things but interesting to read. Well done Kenny. I'm sticking with a 2-0 win .

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 02:12

I’m going for a 3-1, with Mottley-Henry tearing their full back a new one and getting him sent off in the first half.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 08:04

1-0 Tranmere to make it 3wins in a week .but would not be surprised with draw

Posted by: iagoapcen (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 08:08

Three wins in a row would put a very different complexion on our season. We'll beat em and score more than 2

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 09:09

Motley-Henry to start, 3-0 Rovers, Cook, Norwood, Alabi.

Posted by: Hampshire White (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 11:58

I've gone for Tranmere win 3-0 at 7's, and 4-0 at 14's a cheeky little £5 on each. "Come on you Rovers"

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 13:22

cmon the rovers. 3-1 win today.

Date: 07 October, 2017 13:33

mottley-henry starting, good.

Posted by: jonesy792 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 13:39

I think the BENCH looks a lot more balanced too. We've got a defender and midfielder, plus in my opinion the two strongest backup strikers in Alabi who I think will come good with more game time, and Gerry who's, from what I've heard, a lot more mobile and pacy thank the likes of Mangan and Waring.

For me, players that need shifting out are the ones who incidentally haven't made the bench.

Posted by: jonesy792 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 13:47

Although with the Tollitt injury and question mark that hangs over that, I hope Micky signs another out and out winger, which I thought would have been a priority over another centre forward.............

Date: 07 October, 2017 14:20

sounds like a decent opening 20 mins for rovers

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 15:28

This is a joke. New striker now missed 1 on 1

Date: 07 October, 2017 15:28

sounds like the chester keeper is having a blinder.

Date: 07 October, 2017 15:31

Sorry but against the worse team in the league. I can see us getting beat. I AM NOW IN THE MM OUT CAMP. Even if we can get a win. This is shite.

Date: 07 October, 2017 15:42

Quote:
hong kong rover
sounds like the chester keeper is having a blinder.

Don't know were u are getting that from. He's only had to make one save.

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net