Current Page: 1 of 2
2018 FIFA world cup qualifiers
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 13:26

So a desperate and dire England have qualified then. The Wales v Rep of Ireland clash should be one to watch. Argentina in danger of not qualifying, would laugh my nuts off if they didn't.

Re: 2018 FIFA world cup qualifiers
Posted by: bumhobo33 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 15:15

The US moved to the brink of qualifying last night as well! smiling smiley

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 18:25

Hope the Dutch make it, missed having them round..

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 19:38

Dutch have been miss firing for a couple of competitions now, maybe not qualifying will give them the kick up the backside they appear to need?

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 19:39

Then it would be harder to win. The more big boys that mess up and don't make it the better.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 22:07

Yes, Iceland not qualifying would be a relief. It'll be harder to win whoever qualifies, because we're England! In a few hundred years time, in the history books, 1966 will be equivalent to 1066; an historical event never to be repeated. There'll be historical re-enactments to entertain and inform future generations about our once great football forefathers.

Posted by: Uglybob (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 22:07

Wouldn't put a nob of goat's sh*te on England to win after the other nights performance .

Posted by: Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 06:15

Quote:
Phil65
Yes, Iceland not qualifying would be a relief. It'll be harder to win whoever qualifies, because we're England! In a few hundred years time, in the history books, 1966 will be equivalent to 1066; an historical event never to be repeated. There'll be historical re-enactments to entertain and inform future generations about our once great football forefathers.

Hang-on, Ok I'm not a historian but didn't England win in 1966 and loose in 1066? Anyway it doesn't matter who else qualifies, we just need to beat whomever we're up against.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 10:56

PhlL65 .like that one 1066 and all that .like to be an actor .offererd a part in a new movie depicting the 1066 event ,but told them I was not losing an eye for anyone Heard a joke about 1066 the French army came ashore and was inspected by King William .he came to the archers and noticed one was that goss eyed his eyes met in the middle .he demanded to know who he was .he was told he was the best archer .for gods sake he shouted put him at the back before he puts some poor sods eye out Sorry lads

Date: 08 October, 2017 12:03

My all time fave 1066 quote came from legendary darts commentator sid waddell.. ' if phil the power taylor had been at the battle of hastings the normans would have turned round and gone home.'

Date: 08 October, 2017 12:09

Another great sid waddell commentary quote when he was commentating on a darts match which was being televised live on BBC 1...' there might be shakespeare over on BBC 2 but you can't beat this for drama.'...

F*cking A1. What a great commentator he was.

Date: 08 October, 2017 13:10

Argentinas final qualifying round game is this Wednesday away to Ecuador in the city of Quito, which is at a really high altitude so they wont have much time to acclimatize. last time they failed to qualify for the world cup was 1970. think they have to win the game, if not they've had it.. hoping they fail just to shut Maradona up. currently Maradona is a FIFA ambassador, what a complete joke.. he cheats, handballs, takes drugs, shoots at journalists, has had his stomach stapled to prevent overeating, has had countless run ins with FIFA and has also been banned by them. and yet FIFA see fit for him to be a role model for their sport,, what a joke!

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 15:53

Nice to see Cresswell lining up tonight 👍

Date: 08 October, 2017 17:47

Quote:
hong kong rover
currently Maradona is a FIFA ambassador, what a complete joke.. he cheats, handballs, takes drugs, shoots at journalists, has had his stomach stapled to prevent overeating, has had countless run ins with FIFA and has also been banned by them. and yet FIFA see fit for him to be a role model for their sport,, what a joke!

Totally agree. That's like making a terrorist with a hook hand a Middle East peace envoy. What a crock of bull. Presumably it was FIFA's last p!ss take of the Blatter regime, before some that made merry with money and power slunk off to lick their wounds and enjoy the remains of their kickbacks.

Date: 08 October, 2017 17:58

Quote:
Eric01 Tranmere
Quote:
Phil65

Hang-on, Ok I'm not a historian but didn't England win in 1966 and loose in 1066? Anyway it doesn't matter who else qualifies, we just need to beat whomever we're up against.

Yes, well spotted, but the outcomes weren't the point. It was more about these events being "Consigned to the dustbin of history" as Trotsky once stated. We may lose more battles, but we'll never win the World Cup again; at least I won't be around to be proven wrong if it ever does happen!! The chances of England winning the World Cup are equivalent to having 100% positive and satisfied customers at Prenton Park; ain't never gonna happen my friend!

Posted by: Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 22:42

Quote:
TranmereFan
Nice to see Cresswell lining up tonight 👍

+1, by the way does this mean Tranmere will be represented at the finals, I know not really but while we're desperate for any positives somebody somewhere in the media may notice from where he originates?

Date: 09 October, 2017 21:45

Quote:
Phil65
The chances of England winning the World Cup are equivalent to having 100% positive and satisfied customers at Prenton Park; ain't never gonna happen my friend!

One thing that is pretty predictable however, is that at least 1-2 people per season will come on here and attempt a mystic meg impersonation about some situation or other.

It's nearly on the same level as those charlatan types who stand in a room full of people and have 20-30 guesses about something before announcing that someones dead tortoise is speaking to them from beyond the grave.

I'm getting a P here. Someone who's username beings with P, it's Philpot56, no it's Phllip56, no wait it's Paul65, no, no it's Phil65 definitely Phil65.

Apparently he's saying something about a large cup, no wait, it's a magic cup, no something else is coming through, a special gold cup, no the spirits are telling me something else. Is there something footballers compete for called the World Cup? Yes it's the World Cup.

Apparently he's saying India will never win the World Cup, no hang on it's Indonesia, they won't win the World Cup; no, it's apparently Ingolstadt, no wait the spirits are telling me they're a German league team who can't play in the World cup.

It's coming to me, it's, it's, England, he's saying England won't win the world cup again.

By the way has anyone on this forum ever owned a dead tortoise called Phil65?

(Sm7) (Sm7)

Date: 09 October, 2017 22:10

🔮 Well, in several millennia or millenniums time, when we're both posting on the big forum in the sky, you'll be able to tell me "I told you so" when our national team finally lifts the footballing holy grail. Tortoise, dead one at that, you calling me slow Matt!! England to win the World Cup; I wouldn't bet my shell on it! (Sm145)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2017 22:30 by Phil65.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2017 22:20

Err Phil .at least you reminded me of a very good @#$%& up in ingolstadt .great town worth a visit.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2017 09:41

I would say quarter finals at best if we get a weak pool .but will go out first round if we get a tough pool reading an article yesterday with 4ex England footballers telling why they think they are rubbish and they all say the same thing ,they are over coached .all the flair they had has been coached out of them .their set up not to concede but at the same time not getting many goals unless it's very weak opposition .it drove me mad the other night passing sidewards /backwards I switched it off .coupled with poor coaching is the obvious point of to many mercenaries overseas players and our young lads not getting a chance unless their outstanding the England youth teams are really doing well but how long before they end up over coached like the seniors I was lucky enough to see the 1966 win but I will never see another one

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net