FA Cup qualifying rounds
Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2017 14:38

Our game against Halifax .Previous rounds have gone to a replay .Is that the case with our game ? We need to progress to get £12500 so good for the monies coming in .Can only see a draw away .Any thoughts ?

Re: FA Cup qualifying rounds
Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2017 14:50

Replay tues if

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2017 21:21

Now we're looking forward to getting into the first round of the FA Cup which we haven't been since we have been down in out of this damn league.

It seems lightyears away from when we were in the quarter finals for three year's out of five in the early years of 2001-2005. Sad ain't it.

Posted by: CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2017 18:49

Quote:
BELMONT
Now we're looking forward to getting into the first round of the FA Cup which we haven't been since we have been down in out of this damn league.
It seems lightyears away from when we were in the quarter finals for three year's out of five in the early years of 2001-2005. Sad ain't it.

It's sad that 2001-2005 is referred to as the early years. God I'm getting old

Posted by: roger mellie (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2017 09:07

They are missing their tall striker Denton who wins everything in the air, and Kosylo their small and rapidly quick two footed midfielder, so I think we need to make the most of the opportunity. I am going for a sneaky 1-0 to the Rovers.

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2017 10:00

This is a difficult one. £12,500 is not to be sniffed at but on the other hand with our current form we would need to be lucky with the draw to make it to the 3rd round and a potential real moneyspinner so it would be nice to try something different. Not holding my breath on this as I am pretty sure MM will not make any major changes and just tinker once again with his starting forwards given he seems to have no idea which is his best 2.

I would be tempted however to go more aggressive, play Waring to start with McDonagh, give Rokka a game as well as Duggan, Clarke and if we haven't let Gumbs be cup tied recall him and play him. Also a few of the youth should be given a go. I see Drysdale played against Nantwich so assuming his move is not happening or has been delayed why not him and a few of the others from the youth team including Devine who has just signed professional terms.
Rationale for that - MM seems certain by his actions that youth is not the way forward to climb the league despite constantly saying in interviews he wants to bring players through. This way he can have a "free" look at some of them in a game and potentially 2 if it goes to a replay.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2017 11:04

Interesting that Denton is missing for them. When we played at Bromley the other week the programme mentioned he'd been the focal point in the recent game between them, and a real handful too.

For us, put out a full strength team every time in the FA Cup for me, but especially now. We've had a free week this week so should be fresh and things like the prize money and a possible decent draw in the next round etc all speak for themselves. But it's also a great chance to build more momentum from our recent run (...despite the result, we did actually play well last week) without worrying about the league table. A good performance and result tomorrow and we'll be in decent shape for Aldershot next week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2017 11:07 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2017 12:37

Bang on ALDO .Positives are always a good call .Wont be there but those who are lets cheer them on to a 3-0 win

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2017 15:13

Didn't we get relegated the year we played Liverpool in the quarters and lost to Leicester, might be mixing 2 years up their but either way league form was poo in both.

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2017 15:49

Crazy how we are now one of those “little” FA cup clubs that when they managed to get on the TV against a big side. You thought awww, the money will be fantastic for that club.... how times have changed for us! Grim.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2017 15:54

Quote:
Higgosboots
Didn't we get relegated the year we played Liverpool in the quarters and lost to Leicester, might be mixing 2 years up their but either way league form was poo in both.

Comfortable mid-table in the Championship the season we played Leicester at Wembley. Rock bottom the following season when we played Liverpool. I doubt that cup run had anything to do with relegation, just that the financial gap (our best players had come to the end of the road and we had no more PJ money, while the cost of players was in the market was spiralling) finally caught up with us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2017 15:56 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2017 19:48

Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
Higgosboots

Comfortable mid-table in the Championship the season we played Leicester at Wembley. Rock bottom the following season when we played Liverpool. I doubt that cup run had anything to do with relegation, just that the financial gap (our best players had come to the end of the road and we had no more PJ money, while the cost of players was in the market was spiralling) finally caught up with us.

Yea though I confused them, undoubtedly financial, just pointing out you can be turd in the league but enjoy a good cup run, lack of pressure and stuff.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net