Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Jordon Archer
Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2017 22:25

Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Matt34
Norburn seems to garner little criticism and he too was a Brabin signing.
thought mickey signed him in summer.

Yes he did, but I have only just noticed that I put Brabin when I meant to put Mellon, so that's my fault.

Norburn was indeed signed in the summer from Macclesfield.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2017 07:54

According to the Stourbridge manager Archer has agreed terms with TRFC and they have already found a replacement for him .

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2017 08:40

What will happen if Archer turns out to be another goal shy striker?

Surely him signing means either Cook, Waring, Alabi or Mangan are being shipped out?

On paper we should be scoring bags of goals, but in reality we're not.

Mangan, Norwood and Cook have all been decent throughout their careers, especially at this level.

You dont suddenly become rubbish, and for all of them to become bad at the same time its got to be a morale or coaching problem?

Is replacing the strikers going to make any difference? Probably not as there is not much chance that this kid is likely to be better than the experienced Cookie?

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2017 09:23

I agree I said months ago there is an underlying problem at Tranmere a mixture of Egos, bad management and low moral best sums it up .the players we have should not be struggling in this League .at first I thought Mellon was the man but not sure about him at all .a lot of the problem lies at his door. What ever it is someone alluded to our scouting network .i ask do we actually have one if we do they are very poor probably someone who just gets his petrol money to go and check on someone .not good enough

Date: 18 October, 2017 10:18

Norwood, Cook and Mangan are on paper decent, especially at this level, and really didnt need scouting as they were well known players.

Alabi scored 16 in a bad Chester team last season, so in a way you expect the same from him this season, although to score goals you need to be playing?

Mangan is like the forgotten man and Waring must be thinking wtf?

Has Jordan Archer signed?
Posted by: cabletastic (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2017 13:48

By the sounds of this article he has...

[www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com]

Re: Has Jordan Archer signed?
Date: 18 October, 2017 14:18

This has already been posted on the other Jordan Archer thread!

Posted by: Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2017 17:05

Quote:
kennyspint
Quote:
Eric01 Tranmere
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
spralos baldini
Archer eh? Well hopefully he will hit the 🎯
and send a quiver through opposing defences

I thought this was about an every day story country folk with Dan and Doris broadcast on the home service? Am I missing the point?
Nelson Gabriel for financial manager

Sid Perks to run the bar, and the Grundys to be groundsmen?

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2017 13:33

We're not signing Jordan Archer. Mellon rules out making a move, says we have other priorities, according to Radio City's Matt Jones.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2017 15:13

[quote Aldo'smuzzy]We're not signing Jordan Archer. Mellon rules out making a move, says we have other priorities, according to Radio City's Matt Jones.[/quotehe must of been looking at this site to change his mind]

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2017 16:34

Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
We're not signing Jordan Archer. Mellon rules out making a move, says we have other priorities, according to Radio City's Matt Jones.
Good - we have enough forwards already and no space for any more in the "shop of potential"!

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2017 18:27

Dont think he ever was, pr stunt along the lines of when molby was meant to sign.

Posted by: Kennel (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 09:29

Quote:
ADD
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Good - we have enough forwards already and no space for any more in the "shop of potential"!
Surely Mr. Mellon our main priority is to score "Goals",and the "enough forwards already" comment is puzzling as none of them can do what they,re paid to do and that is score goals.

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 10:32

They haven't scored enough correct but only in the past 2 or 3 games have we started to create many and better chances with more pace to our build up play and Norwood has scored 3 in 4 as a result.

I don't feel that taking a punt on a player from 2 leagues below is what is needed as at best he would require time to assimilate (or could be another Rokka who has found the step up too difficult apparently)and right now we need to go on a run of victories.

Half the problem is we have not had a settled lineup - we started with Alabi (god knows why!) and Norwood before Norwood stupidly got a 3 game ban so forcing changes and we still don't have a definitve best 2 up front flitting between Cook, Mangan and Alabi partnering Norwood before now bringing in McDonagh as well whilst not bothering to give Waring any meaningful game time.

Date: 20 October, 2017 11:09

If there's cash available then I'd be more inclined to end any uncertainty with Cook and offer him a new 2 year contract with improved terms.

If he could get Cook back inside, then I think he may up his game for Rovers?

Cook looks a bit disgruntled at present and is rumoured to want a move away. I would not be surprised if he goes in January.

Mellon has said he's going to chat with his fringe players to get them out playing elsewhere so that they can develop according to Matt Jones on Twitter.

There are a few who must be regretting coming here at the moment because they can't get any game time at all.

Some just need a few games to get up to speed, but due to our poor start, that's a luxury we can't afford to offer them. Bit of a catch 22 situation.

I still think a happy Cookie would be better than taking a punt on an unknown player as at least Cook has a proven track record.

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 12:51

We've been creating matches in most, if not all the matches for me. Just about them as a team not putting them away.

Rokka has been confirmed as having been injured for the last 6 weeks which is unfortunate as i'm sure he would've featured at some point otherwise.

Waring is another one who unfortunately has been hampered with injuries since coming over, so i understand why we'd show interest in a ST who has found the net on no less than 8 occasions this season already, something any of our ST's would be dreaming for right about now.

We should always be looking to improve every element throughout the squad and unfortunately you can't just go out and nab FL players on a daily basis down here, so i would encourage MM to continue aslong as it's within the budget.

Posted by: coltran (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 14:38

Surely the fact that we have so many inept strikers (apparently) leads to the belief that the problem lies elsewhere.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 17:20

In far too many games we have set deep built poderously and predictably. There is little ceativity in the side and the quality of crossing has been dire.It is easy to think that it is strikers that are missing but it is more complicated. I still think that MM is not sure either about the formation or his best players but get that right and we could be back on track

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 20:31

Quote:
pez
If there's cash available then I'd be more inclined to end any uncertainty with Cook and offer him a new 2 year contract with improved terms.
If he could get Cook back inside, then I think he may up his game for Rovers?

Cook looks a bit disgruntled at present and is rumoured to want a move away. I would not be surprised if he goes in January.

Mellon has said he's going to chat with his fringe players to get them out playing elsewhere so that they can develop according to Matt Jones on Twitter.

There are a few who must be regretting coming here at the moment because they can't get any game time at all.

Some just need a few games to get up to speed, but due to our poor start, that's a luxury we can't afford to offer them. Bit of a catch 22 situation.

I still think a happy Cookie would be better than taking a punt on an unknown player as at least Cook has a proven track record.

Disagree, we can't pander to players otherwise they'll all be at it, getting knocked back for pay rises and then acting like a petulant teenager, if the lad had asked for a wage rise got knocked back then battled down the hatches and kicked on I'd have no issue with that but you can't reward tantrums.

I'd potentially say to him, knock the Ale on the head, loose a stone and we will give you 100 quid a goal, no goals no cash.

Think we should have offered smaller basics and higher reward all round.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2017 20:32 by Higgosboots.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2017 22:55

Stourbridge reporting that another seven day approach has been made for Archer (presumably not by us!) and they're confident the deal will go through. I'm guessing it was us who pulled out of the deal so it'll be interesting to see if he makes the grade elsewhere.

Current Page: 3 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net