Current Page: 1 of 4
Alabi to Dover until January.
Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 13:43

Matt Jones via Twitter stating a loan deal has been agreed between the two clubs.

Probably a good decision by Mellon, as long as he gets game time whilst he's there.

Re: Alabi to Dover until January.
Posted by: goosed (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 13:56

Wot a waste of time that was bringing him in who made that decision?

Posted by: HardlyYardley (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 14:15

Dover are 2nd in the table. We are 15th. We can't score. They want one of our strikers. It's a bit confusing, isn't it?

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 14:18

Maybe Rovers are trying to offload him to Dover to avoid the payment yet to be decided by tribunal?

If he moves to Dover, then they can pay it as he'll be their player?

Posted by: trfc-boi (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 14:24

If true, shame, I actually think he has some quality.
Some rovers fans love to slate their own players, good luck to him !
Anything to keep Cook happier

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2017 14:43 by trfc-boi.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 14:26

Quote:
HardlyYardley
Dover are 2nd in the table. We are 15th. We can't score. They want one of our strikers. It's a bit confusing, isn't it?

Like when Brabin's team weren't scoring but Mangan, Stockton and Margetts all went to FL clubs!

Good luck to Alabi. I reckon he can turn out to be a decent player if he's given the right sort of service, facing goal. Was probably never going to shine given our lack of creativity in the first couple of months of the season but could flourish with someone like Wallace feeding him.

Posted by: corpac (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 14:27

Can you imagine - for example - Man.United loaning a striker to say Liverpool.
What is going on? You never loan a player to a rival club!
The mind bogles.

Posted by: coltran (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 14:35

It often takes time for players to settle in to a new team. Alabi has not been given an extended run to prove himself. It he starts scoring for Dover, then we can bring him back in January. A shrewd move by MM I think.

Date: 20 October, 2017 14:48

The service to forward line has not been great, there is a lack of creativity, am so disappointed with move.
Lets hope we kick on and score plenty with what we have.

Posted by: jonesy792 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 14:54

Disappointing decision in my opinion. I think he offers something different to what we've got and a much more useful impact player off the bench than the likes of Mangan and Waring.

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 14:56

Like I said last week, I’ve heard both he and Mangan are heading out on loan, and Cook is going in Jan to clear up some funds.

I think our recent recruitment has been poor, and the club have acknowledged it.

Posted by: CosterD (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 15:04

Cole Stockton came back from loan a much better player - maybe we can look forward to the same with Alabi? Good luck to him.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 15:14

Also noticed that Sutton Utd have loaned out Moses Emmanuel to Maidenhead Utd for 2 months.. Bit surprised by that coz as far as I understand he has done ok at Sutton since signing from Dover.

Posted by: velico (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 15:17

that's great, he starts to hit the back of the net and dover will be out of sight. This club gets more and more non- league and closer too another relegation week after week.

Date: 20 October, 2017 15:23

Quote:
hong kong rover
Also noticed that Sutton Utd have loaned out Moses Emmanuel to Maidenhead Utd for 2 months.. Bit surprised by that coz as far as I understand he has done ok at Sutton since signing from Dover.

sorry, I have got my players mixed up. its ross Lafayette at Sutton that has had a good season so far not moses Emmanuel. Emmanuel has yet to make an appearance yet this season I believe.

Posted by: DCTRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 15:27

He has been truly awful every game I have seen him. Perhaps it’s a plan to weaken Dover.

Date: 20 October, 2017 15:36

The Dover manager Chris Kinnear is a smart astute boss that has a good eye for a player so he must see something in Alabi maybe?

Date: 20 October, 2017 15:40

I have seen him play and feel its more of a loss than a gain IMO

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 15:45

Should have come on against chester, if he was ever gonna prove himself that was it .

Stupid loaning him to promotion rivals . Mellon is losing it

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2017 16:05

Nothing about him impressed and loaning him out is the best of a bad job.It is ironic that we may have to pay for a player that we do not want. He had a productive season at Chester but even then many of their supporters did not rate him and he clearly was not rated by Accrington.
Stocton came back a better player because he was given a real run. How that contrasts with our attitude to Gumbs Duggan and the promise of Drysdale

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net