meanwhile
Posted by: iagoapcen (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2017 15:50

Re: meanwhile
Posted by: HardlyYardley (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2017 15:54

Good news if true. What about Dylan Mottley-Henry?

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2017 16:04

Possibly not extending?

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2017 16:34

Like dmh hope we can keep him

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2017 17:00

Quote:
HardlyYardley
Good news if true. What about Dylan Mottley-Henry?

Might be one of the signings changing to season long loan?

Still suppose we'll have to wait and see,think we've had player's coming in before but nothing came of them time will tell.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2017 17:03

Two signings which might well define MM's future at the club. Fingers crossed they'll help us build on the recent signs of improvement.

Posted by: Yiggsy (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2017 18:12

When I read the headline I read it as MM signing 2 whingers instead of 2 wingers.

Hope DMH is one.

Posted by: Higgy and Yozzer (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2017 18:30

Quote:
iagoapcen
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41764650

Nothing he says makes sense.

He talks about wanting wingers to cause a goal threat but took the only winger we have off against aldershot when we were 1-0 and had a player to stretch them leading to the inevitable half hour of pressure and losing the game.

Had it taken him all preseason and 17 games to realise we need some quick wide players to be successful in this league, supply potentially the two best strikers in the division (cook and norwood) and score regularly.

If it has then the only conclusion is that he’s a bit thick or doesn’t really know what he’s doing.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2017 18:44

I agree the problems could have been addressed better in the summer.

In mitigation, though, he was entitled to expect better of Dunn and maybe Rokka in the wide positions, plus Tollitt only being absent for the first two months of the season. Yes, MM's judgment on the first two hasn't paid off (yet) and Tollitt was just unlucky.

If the players he's bringing in now are from FL clubs then chances are they wouldn't have been available in the summer anyway as these lads only tend to become available on loan a month or two after the window has shut.

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2017 20:01

Quote:
Higgy and Yozzer
Quote:
iagoapcen
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41764650

Nothing he says makes sense.

He talks about wanting wingers to cause a goal threat but took the only winger we have off against aldershot when we were 1-0 and had a player to stretch them leading to the inevitable half hour of pressure and losing the game.

Had it taken him all preseason and 17 games to realise we need some quick wide players to be successful in this league, supply potentially the two best strikers in the division (cook and norwood) and score regularly.

If it has then the only conclusion is that he’s a bit thick or doesn’t really know what he’s doing.

It's not that easy mate, I'm sure MM identifed well before anyone on here we needed width, but we cant just go out and sign players, there has to be a suitable player available at a suitable budget point who wants to come and play at PP, that player may never come along hence signings such as Rokka, probably on very little wage wise but probably not willing to come along for a trial in the summer instead wanting a contract. This situation can and does happen and has happened at Rovers before MP was here. Very common with lads coming over from Ireland, clubs are after them and to secure them you have to offer a contract, they won't come to trial as another club will offer what they want, you therefore either decide to commit or loose out.

Posted by: Higgy and Yozzer (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2017 20:21

I know it’s not easy mate but that’s what separates a good manager from an average one.

The tollit injury is a blow which he’s been unlucky with but Rokka hasn’t been given a chance and arguably Dunn’s confidence is probably shot as he wasn’t played as an out and out winger early in the season.

A good manager works with players that have potential and makes them better. An average manager blames injuries, talks about missed chances, says he knows the problems but doesn’t really address it, signs loads of strikers but no wingers, then let’s the strikers go and goes after wingers , uses different formations every week, talks about wanting to play with wingers then takes them off when leading away from home etc.

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2017 22:22

I kind've agree with everyone on this thread- just have o see how the rest of the season goes.

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2017 22:29

Quote:
Higgy and Yozzer
I know it’s not easy mate but that’s what separates a good manager from an average one.
The tollit injury is a blow which he’s been unlucky with but Rokka hasn’t been given a chance and arguably Dunn’s confidence is probably shot as he wasn’t played as an out and out winger early in the season.

A good manager works with players that have potential and makes them better. An average manager blames injuries, talks about missed chances, says he knows the problems but doesn’t really address it, signs loads of strikers but no wingers, then let’s the strikers go and goes after wingers , uses different formations every week, talks about wanting to play with wingers then takes them off when leading away from home etc.

If Dunn had scored the great chance he missed in the last few minutes at Guiseley,I think his confidence would not be in question.But...........

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 27 October, 2017 18:25

Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Higgy and Yozzer

If Dunn had scored the great chance he missed in the last few minutes at Guiseley,I think his confidence would not be in question.But...........

Dunn is alleged to be a striker not a winger. Is he injured?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net