Hyde FA Cup match live BBC 2, it might have been off because of fire
Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2017 19:48

Hyde game on live to night, home fans in away end(not many MKD fans)normal gate in hundreds
tonight around 3000 but some home fan idiot threw on flare on top pitch.

Damn pitch caught(Sm73) fire(plastic pitch) stewards and fans stood and watched the flare trouble was set fire to pitch surface it took a while for some to take action.

Result pitch inspected damaged area luckily ref passed it fit not a lot he could do really TV on site live match 3000 fans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 19:49 by BELMONT.

Re: Hyde FA Cup match live BBC 2, it might have been off because of fire
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2017 22:16

Some rather unfortunate sounding surnames in the Hyde Utd line-up tonight..

Crook
Burke
Pratt
Boyle
Gay

Date: 03 November, 2017 22:30

The keeper is a useless con man, 2 of the outfield players are complete idiots, one of the subs has huge body pimples and the other sub kicks with his left foot.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2017 03:35

I must admit I was shocked the way the pitch caught fire when a flare was thrown and the damage it did ,the game could have Been called off with all the implications for Hyde Utd .then someone threw another at the other end .well they are Mancs after all

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2017 08:36

Hyde keeper was poor his positioning was terrible and the 4th goal hes should have got a stronger hand on it, the scorer could only put it one side of the goal

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2017 09:51

Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I must admit I was shocked the way the pitch caught fire when a flare was thrown and the damage it did ,the game could have Been called off with all the implications for Hyde Utd .then someone threw another at the other end .well they are Mancs after all

Yes and the Football League are meeting to allow plastic pitches into the Football League Two because three team's in our league in the promotion spots have these type of pitches and it would cost around £300,000 to replace the pitch.

Date: 04 November, 2017 13:24

Am watching Shaw lane v Mansfield. 1-1 at half time. Good old blood n thunder cup tie and quite physical too with a few rough house challenges coming in from Shaw Lane but the game being played in the right spirit. Tiny ground, its like playing in a park,lol.

Date: 04 November, 2017 17:27

Hi HKR yes I watched Mansfield game to quite enjoyed it ,the FA are going to hit Hyde Utd so what money they made they could lose on the fine .l would say 3G pitches are on the way back

Date: 04 November, 2017 17:30

Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Hi HKR yes I watched Mansfield game to quite enjoyed it ,the FA are going to hit Hyde Utd so what money they made they could lose on the fine .l would say 3G pitches are on the way back

hi fifty, mansfields 3rd goal was a cracker, eh!

Date: 04 November, 2017 17:43

It certainly was HKR ,Rose the lad who got the 2goals looks to have a good future very impressive .remindedme of myself when I played for Port Sunlight and the famous Beb hawkes😃👍 now at the moment I can't kick the cat

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2017 21:49

Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
well they are Mancs after all

They are now, but I think before 1974 when the had the boundary recommissioning, it was actually a part of Cheshire, because Greater Manchester didn't exist.

It's quite possible that some people in Hyde still consider themselves as being from Cheshire, unless they never were in which case I'm well off the mark.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2017 00:44

Matt they were in cheshire league with our reserves along with Sankey Oswestry and even wigan

Date: 05 November, 2017 04:10

Yes they were Loyden I used to go to The Cheshire League games and Matt is right Hyde was in Cheshire as was Birkenhead before boundaries were changed

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2017 11:09

Hey 50 can u remember a Cheshire league game that drew a big crowd because u had to pay in to get a voucher for an all ticket cup game ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net