Current Page: 1 of 3
Next up: Peterborough (A) FA Cup
Posted by: Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2017 20:40

When the clocks go back it is always a very strange time of the year. I think it's a bit weird that an arbitrary decision to mess around with the clocks suddenly presses a 'winter is coming' switch and peoples mindset totally changes. I think a similar switch was pressed at Prenton Park on Saturday but in our case it was a 'we are good at footie' one.

It was delight to watch an old fashioned Tranmere performance of wing play and attack minded football. Admittedly it dipped a bit when Norwood went off but they got the bit back between their teeth in the second half, and Mottley-Henry's goal was simply a joy to behold (number 3 son almost did an involuntary stage dive into the Family Paddock when it went in).

Maybe it is a corner turned (apologies) but perhaps it was the first time we have really imposed our style of play on the opposition, and they simply couldn't deal with it. And maybe we finally have the personnel to stretch the game a bit which stops us playing the patient build up we have all come to hate.

With the FA Cup as the next game, I am sure many of us were gnashing our teeth on the way out of the ground last week as a momentum surge in the league was being halted. But over the course of this week, I have softened and I am now looking forward to the game immensely. Clearly the game is going to be a tough one but I have three reasons to offer in an attempt to explain why we should all be looking forward to it:

1. It is a complete 'free hit' as a League 1 play off hunting team should batter us.
2. Their style should allow us a bit of room to play instead of the usual bus parking behaviour of our opponents.
3. That's it.

The Posh were playing Championship football last season and they had a very good win last weekend against Shrewsbury at The New (Gay) Meadow so they will be looking to build on some momentum too. But I would love it, love it if we beat them (sorry) tomorrow as a bit of revenge for the last meeting when they smashed 5 past us. It would also be nice to give Talk Sport a tinkle and tell celebrity Peterborough 'shock jock' Adrian Durham that his boys took one hell of a beating.

So as the days start to shorten and the weather gets colder (I am desperately trying to avoid another Game of Thrones reference here) maybe the Rovers are starting to warm up and will provide plenty of fireworks in their performances from now on. Time is ticking for us to make up lost ground but if we have now synchronised our watches to 'attack' time, then anyone we play should watch out.

Even your mob, Mr Durham.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2017 06:55 by mini_andy.

Re: Next up: Peterborough (A) FA Cup
Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2017 21:48

Love the write up kenny!

I’m going for a healthy 4-2 loss sad smiley

Peterborough away
Posted by: bheadlad (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2017 18:05

Although they beat Shrewsbury last week I fancy a draw or an injury time winner from McNulty

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 22:01 by mini_andy.

Re: Peterborough away
Posted by: chrisprover (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2017 18:56

Will they play a weakened side? Lets put in a good effort I am hoping for a 2-1 win.

Posted by: Jimsteel (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2017 19:25

2-0 to rovers. Norwood penalty and Mc Nulty

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2017 20:30

We have an awful record against these in the cup.Lost all matches.Time for a change 1-2 SWA

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2017 22:32

5-0 pboro please be wrong but those games have scarred me.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2017 23:43

The good win last week wasn't at new meadow kenny but nice write up again.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2017 03:41

Very good win last week ,have we turned the corner ? Not to sure it's always doom and gloom for us at London road I think 3-0 to posh no disgrace just a measure of were we are

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2017 08:33

Going into it on the back of a little run, posh to play a weakened side. 0-1 to us all day long.

Posted by: iagoapcen (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2017 09:33

we'll lose (which by my previous means we'll win) but put on a good show until the 4th one goes in. 2-6 à la swansea

Posted by: mb53trfc (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2017 10:39

A great chance to further bed in the new players against tough opposition before two difficult league games. C'mon Mickey and the lads, win it for the fans.

Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2017 12:33

Quote:
chrisprover
Will they play a weakened side? Lets put in a good effort I am hoping for a 2-1 win.
Not according to their manager during an interview for a national newspaper

Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2017 12:33

Quote:
chrisprover
Not according to their manager during an interview for a national newspaper

Posted by: chrisprover (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2017 13:01

Oh No! I have predicted that score now so I will stick with it. Cmon Rovers

Posted by: Uglybob (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2017 13:34

Going 1-0 to us , McDonough showing his presence in their box and getting us a winner .

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2017 14:19

Duggan dropped and surprised to see Jake Kirby is on the bench even tho the club's preview said only yesterday he was still be unavailable! Delighted for the lad and altho he has his critics on here it is always good to see someone return from such an injury.

I am feeling strangely confident and think we will give a good account of ourselves today! Going for 1-1.

Posted by: Temple Road (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2017 14:27

2 - 2 Sutton and Kirby
Keep the Faith

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2017 15:01

cmon the rovers

Posted by: Shaumbra (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2017 15:19

We've started well.

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net