Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Next up: Peterborough (A) FA Cup
Posted by: mb53trfc (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2017 23:55

So pleased with this result, thought we could win it. Good karma for upcoming games.

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2017 09:45

Had a look on their site. Made me laugh. They played bad, we a looking at giant killing? Although the are two leagues above us, giants? Really. They average just 1k more attendance than us with a smaller stadium. Against the odds result yes but they are by no means giants of the modern game.

More of the same for the rest of the season and we will all be happy bunnies. Come on rovers.

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2017 10:19

Quote:
dr.death
The mascot is a A his name is alviss had to Google it... were was rover?

Cup tied.

Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2017 12:16

Could not make it although I know the team played well due to the lack of comments from one certain poster ;0)

Hopefully, the luck is changing and the form in the league will improve.

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2017 13:19

BBC highlights..

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2017 13:24

Quote:
aktrfc
Had a look on their site. Made me laugh. They played bad, we a looking at giant killing? Although the are two leagues above us, giants? Really. They average just 1k more attendance than us with a smaller stadium. Against the odds result yes but they are by no means giants of the modern game.
More of the same for the rest of the season and we will all be happy bunnies. Come on rovers.

It's not a literal thing. Non-league teams playing/beating a league team would fit into the category as probably would a championship team beating a premier league side regardless of the size of clubs. In theory, it adds to the romance of the cup and is an attempt to attract more viewers. It might be hard to stomach, but don't dis it as it might earn us a TV showing and revenue for the replay.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2017 17:20

I noticed one of their advertisers was a company called BadRhino, which turns out to be a men's clothing company.

Not a great name for a company I would suggest.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2017 14:43

Ball number 7 in tonights FA Cup draw. who will we get? if we can overcome posh that is? an away tie to those Gloucestershire greenies with their lentil burgers, cow manure powered floodlights and wacky lawnmowers, lol

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2017 14:53 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2017 15:23

Thought they used Goats not lawnmowers !!

Date: 06 November, 2017 15:30

Quote:
dicko111
Thought they used Goats not lawnmowers !!

lol

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2017 18:42

Don't forget the llamas.

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2017 18:55

If it comes to it, beware of the vegans. They've won their last four games so we should be filling our pants with organic matter!

Posted by: Yiggsy (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2017 19:15

Woking or Bury away is we win the replay

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2017 19:33

What chance that the replay will be televised?

Date: 07 November, 2017 08:18

Quote:
Phil65
If it comes to it, beware of the vegans. They've won their last four games so we should be filling our pants with organic matter!

Lol, 'beware of the vegans' made me chuckle phil.. reminded me of that famous quote from that 1970s tv show 'its a knockout ( international version - jeux sans frontieres )with stuart hall n eddie waring...' Here come the Belgians!!! '

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2017 08:32 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 08:19

Just read on one of Peterboroughs pages that they seem to think it is highly likely it will be televised

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 23:05

Announced. It will be televised.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net