Date: 06 November, 2017 20:31

Signed a 19 year old midfielder . Not sure on what contract

Re: new signing
Posted by: jim rockford (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2017 22:26

Quote:
coltranmere123
Signed a 19 year old midfielder . Not sure on what contract
This could be the Irish lad who was training with us last week.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2017 23:09

Toby sure

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2017 23:25

Patty O'Furniture?

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2017 23:34

Jolly O'good

Hopefully he won't be a crock o'sh¦t

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2017 23:40

James Doona according to the Irish League Twitter,yes think it was the lad that been here for a week.

Posted by: cabletastic (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2017 23:57

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 04:44

Been surprised rovers have not signed more from Ireland ,it's been a good source for players over the years .Aldo always took the team to Ireland pre season .being Irish he won't be a wilting violet ,could be what we need

Posted by: davep63 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 12:35

Has this signing been confirmed?? SWA

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 13:12

It's not mentioned on newsnow Tranmere rovers ,not a peep

Posted by: davep63 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 16:10

Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
It's not mentioned on newsnow Tranmere rovers ,not a peep
That was the 1st place I checked but could find nothing yet to confirm this. SWA

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 16:56

Seems an odd one, why would we sign a complete unknown 19yo when we already have rokka, I get DMH and Cole as they have shown they can deliver elsewhere.

Posted by: FergalTRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 17:21

Good prospect from the league of Ireland. Will he have much of an impact this season...I doubt it but alot of raw talent there and exciting on the ball. Won't be able to sign/play til January anyway with transfer window. Good to see Tranmere looking around for talent in the league of ireland as decent players there as Preston/peterborough have found out recently ....and their free!!

Posted by: jonesy792 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 20:34

Quote:
Higgosboots
Seems an odd one, why would we sign a complete unknown 19yo when we already have rokka, I get DMH and Cole as they have shown they can deliver elsewhere.

He’s seems to be a got potential signing and is only 19.

The players you list are wide men. I’m assuming this guy is centre mid

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 22:51

Quote:
Higgosboots

It would also seem not to sign any unknown if this player turns out to be a bit of a flop nothing much lost but if he turns out to be the best thing since sliced bread we could end up with player worth money.

It's a bit being between a rock and a hard place if another team went and signed him up and they made money out of it this forum would be full of poster's complaining why we didn't sign him first.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 23:14

Quote:
cabletastic
https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/1759215/tranmere-rovers-weighing-up-move-for-shamrock-rovers-midfielder-james-doona/

Tsk, tsk. It seems that site you linked to is an Irish version of the Murdoch trash paper, so linking to it might bother a few people.

I clicked back off it as soon as my suspicions were confirmed, as that brand is not something I tolerate in the slightest.

Just an observation, not a criticism of you smiling smiley.

If it is Doona, then apparently he's scored 4 goals in 18 matches, including 2 in one match against Finn Harps.

It seems he is mostly used as a central midfielder and occasionally in an attacking central position.

James Doona profile

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: bheadlad (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2017 02:26

Looked good scoring goals and tended to see him left sided.Seemed to time his runs forward well when looking at the goals.
Where did you get the info on him signing.I wonder if we have had a week option just like archer but maybe he will sign elsewhere if the club don’t announce soon

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2017 08:35

There have been some very good Irish players over the years picked up for next to nothing.

Reading signed Kevin Doyle for 60K, as did Everton with Seamus Coleman, also 60K both from Cork City.

Shane Long is another who springs to mind also Reading now at Southampton. There are many more I am sure.

Hopefully if signed, the start of some positive recruitment of young up and coming talent.

Posted by: borowhite (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2017 09:29

Quote:
Jack of all Trades
There have been some very good Irish players over the years picked up for next to nothing.
Reading signed Kevin Doyle for 60K, as did Everton with Seamus Coleman, also 60K both from Cork City.

Shane Long is another who springs to mind also Reading now at Southampton. There are many more I am sure.

Hopefully if signed, the start of some positive recruitment of young up and coming talent.

I was at Huddersfield circa 1995 when, if my memory serves me correctly, a certain Alan Mahon came on for his debut (17 at the time I think). Their tough tackling midfielder Darren Bullock couldn't get anywhere near him.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2017 11:43

Intriguing move if it happens. I'd have thought a good young prospect at a decent club like Shamrock would - like the names already mentioned in this thread - be setting his sights on a Championship or League 1 club rather than a non-league club. Fair play to Rovers for looking at it though, and attracting him for a trial.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net