Grant holt
Posted by: Neal1987 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2017 12:34

Grant holt has signed for barrow, surely he can bag the goals at this level?! With Andy cook potentially going in January should we have swooped in with a 6 month deal?! I think so..

Re: Grant holt
Posted by: TimmySoft (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2017 13:10

He was at the club in the town I live in, kings Lynn. He was awful.

I think right now Tranmere should be focusing on signing, growing and selling young talent, it's the only way for a club the size of ours to survive against the millionaire owned clubs.

Posted by: Yardleys Cat (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2017 16:06

Grant Holt started his career at Barrow and was born in that part of the world. Since his peak he has had less than inspiring spells at Hibs, Rochdale and Kings Lynn. Shades of Michael Higdon in my opinion.

Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2017 17:45

Bring a Holt to signing oldies ...

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2017 19:54

Hes come from a couple of divisions below us. Holman or miller would be my choice

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2017 11:28

See Holman is on loan at I think Borehamwood and Miller is on compassionate leave.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2017 17:45

Thanks jack, macc supporter mate crucifying holt saying he is past it cannot run or jump did nothing today well past it he thinks

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2017 20:47

Quote:
Jack of all Trades
See Holman is on loan at I think Borehamwood and Miller is on compassionate leave.

It seems he attempted to deck a policeman, so unless there's something going on in his private life many people are not privy to, then he's got a bit of an attitude and apparently he'd been suspended in the past for a headbutting incident.

Seems from the outside looking in like he's this years Duncan Ferguson.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2017 11:19

Grant Holt has done really well in his career by shear effort and making the most of his IMO limited ability but, never blessed with real pace his age is finally catching up.

I would suggest, he concentrates on coaching and remembers the good times such as the goal he scored for Norwich at Liverpool after their promotion back to the PL gaining a 1-1 draw (I think)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net