Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Cook to Sincil Bank?
Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 02 January, 2018 19:18

Oldham have been linked with a tranmere striker today

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 02 January, 2018 19:21

Mangan was the rumour recently?

Posted by: martyd12 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 January, 2018 20:46

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if we were to lose a player to Oldham particularly if Rovers are trying to do a deal to keep Banks!

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 January, 2018 23:28

Mangan one way Banks and a small fee the other and perhaps just enough of a fee to bring back Mottley-Henry in some way.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 03 January, 2018 13:02

According to Phil Wilkinson on Wirral Radio, during our match on Monday he said that the latest is:

Mangan to Oldham and Dunn and McEverley have been told to look for new clubs as they don't figure in Micky Mellon's plans.

Looks like we're clearing the decks and hopefully bring in better quality players for the big push!

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 03 January, 2018 13:28

Quote:
pez
According to Phil Wilkinson on Wirral Radio, during our match on Monday he said that the latest is:
Mangan to Oldham and Dunn and McEverley have been told to look for new clubs as they don't figure in Micky Mellon's plans.

Looks like we're clearing the decks and hopefully bring in better quality players for the big push!

Don't think we've got any money to bring any player's who may have built in injuries never mind any player's with built in qualities.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 03 January, 2018 13:55

Completely forgot we had dunn

Posted by: Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 03 January, 2018 15:20

Quote:
the kav
Completely forgot we had dunn

I think we all had!

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 03 January, 2018 19:36

Quote:
Matt34
Mangan one way Banks and a small fee the other and perhaps just enough of a fee to bring back Mottley-Henry in some way.

Doubt Oldham will be parting with any money, their in mini turmoil, stalled takeover bids, can see them down here in the NL in 3 years. If a deal is to be done more likely a one for one or we just release Mangan in exchange for Banks on loan until the season ends. If DMH were staying he would be here, very rare a player leaves from a loan and returns full time. His stock has gone up being here and no doubt he will now be in talks at Barnsley for a pay rise. Happened to us with Ryan Shotton, went back over Xmas on a promise to return in January, over Xmas he renegotiated his wage at Stoke and we couldn’t afford him back in January, Ronnie was on the bus to an away game trying to ship two out having convinced LR to allow Shotton back on the inflated wage if he reduced the wage bill. Not saying DMH won’t return but would be surprised and doubt Managan wil, fiancé it, he’s basically valueless if deeemd surplus to requirement at a NL club.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2018 19:37 by Higgosboots.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 05 January, 2018 13:52

Cooke is not having a great season, in part because of how he was used earlier in the season but it is a mark of a genuine striker that he is still our top scorer. Mangan provides cover but neither he, Alabi,or Waring would be a loss if the departure opened up the chance of bringing in a new striker.
The three strikers contracted brought in this season have made minimal impact and those on loan have done no better whilst away

Date: 05 January, 2018 14:13

Cook is out of contract in the Summer, and I can't see him staying here, even if he does get offered a new deal.

Does Palios take a fee in this window and bring in another Striker, or do we run the clock down on Cooks current deal and hope we gain promotion?

The January window is a difficult one and unless there's money available to get a replacement, then it looks like we may have to risk losing Cook for nothing in the Summer.

I can't see where a decent 20+ goal a season Striker is going to come from without having to pay a decent fee. Bearing in mind that a fee was paid for Alabi, and look how badly that bit of business panned out?

The only rumours at the moment are those surrounding Mangan moving to Oldham.

We are a few days into the transfer window and as yet, the past links with Wrexham and Notts County have not been rekindled.

Posted by: Robbie126 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 January, 2018 15:07

I see FGR are due to announce a new striker this afternoon, not much love for Rickie Miller it seems who has a day in court in the near future.

Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 January, 2018 15:22

Looks like FGR have lost Doidge to Cardiff for a reported £1m so they will need a new striker .Whether Cook moves there is a different matter because he could end up back in the NL with them

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 05 January, 2018 15:31

Quote:
dicko111
Looks like FGR have lost Doidge to Cardiff for a reported £1m so they will need a new striker .Whether Cook moves there is a different matter because he could end up back in the NL with them

Perhaps not if it's true there's a £1 million to spend on players to keep them up in League Two or at least go towards it something we haven't got to get us out of this damn league.

Posted by: efc0trfc3 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 January, 2018 15:40

Quote:
pez
Cook is out of contract in the Summer, and I can't see him staying here, even if he does get offered a new deal.
Does Palios take a fee in this window and bring in another Striker, or do we run the clock down on Cooks current deal and hope we gain promotion?

The January window is a difficult one and unless there's money available to get a replacement, then it looks like we may have to risk losing Cook for nothing in the Summer.

I can't see where a decent 20+ goal a season Striker is going to come from without having to pay a decent fee. Bearing in mind that a fee was paid for Alabi, and look how badly that bit of business panned out?

We are a few days into the transfer window and as yet, the past links with Wrexham and Notts County have not been rekindled.
It's never been reported that we have paid a fee for Alabi, even though it was going to a tribunal. Very strange.

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 05 January, 2018 16:26

FGR have signed Reuben Reid for an undisclosed fee.

Date: 05 January, 2018 17:34

Quote:
pez

We are not subject to a transfer window in the NL, Wrexham can move for him at anytime

Date: 05 January, 2018 20:08

I know we are not restricted by the window, but do you really see Cook going to another NL side? So my post was more reference Notts County or Lincoln tbh, they are subjected to the window system.

I was merely pointing out that as of yet, its not public knowledge of any club coming in for him.

The only rumours so far are about Andy Mangan.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 January, 2018 22:58

Quote:
Higgosboots
We are not subject to a transfer window in the NL, Wrexham can move for him at anytime

I think technically the NL has open between March and June, as it mirrors the old system used in the top level and FL until the early part of the 21st century.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Date: 05 January, 2018 23:18

Quote:
pez
I know we are not restricted by the window, but do you really see Cook going to another NL side? So my post was more reference Notts County or Lincoln tbh, they are subjected to the window system.
I was merely pointing out that as of yet, its not public knowledge of any club coming in for him.

The only rumours so far are about Andy Mangan.

I don't see a league club coming I think for him personally, any lower league club looking for an option at this time of year is going to look at players proven in the league, but like Mangan, may not have a good ratio but they know what there getting. They are Cook isn't a league player, look objectively he was dropped by us last year not been first choice this, higher scorers at worse clubs, and league 1/2 is full of target men all proven in the division. He'd of gone in summer if he was going

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net