Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: DMH loan ended?
Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 17:27

According to Mike Jackson, DMH has a groin injury and Barnsley are subject of a take over bid so have recalled him until their future is sorted out.

A return to Rovers has not been ruled out, but it will be ultimately down to Barnsley's new owners to decide his fate.

Posted by: WWStandsure (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 23:08

Well played Dylan lad, Good Luck for your future.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 31 December, 2017 00:18

Six possibilities spring to mind.

1. He stays put and is integrated more at Barnsley.

2. He comes back on loan.

3. Tranmere possibly find a small amount of money to buy him outright, which is unlikely unless they could sell someone.

4. Barnsley agreed something along the lines of Motley-Henry for maybe Cook, to negate any transfer monies being sought and do a straight swap.

5. Barnsley release him and Tranmere pounce like a tiger with a coiled spring up it's butt and get him back down the M62, faster than an Eddie Stobart lorry without a trailer attached to the rig.

6. Mark Palios gets his new Chinese drinking buddies to speak the old Deutsch sprechen señor, with Barnsleys new oriental overlords and wangle a favourable outcome for Micky Mellon, that allows Motley-Henry to return in some way.

However that is even less likely than option 3.

To be honest seeing as the club are advertising for a new physio, it's no wonder he's had to go back to Barnsley for his slightly wobbly groin to be given the tea and sympathy treatment, although that would be possible anyway I think for any loan scenario and is the one avenue of recall open to a parent club for any loan situation, whether the deal does or doesn't have a recall option in it.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 31 December, 2017 09:49

Quote:
Matt34
Six possibilities spring to mind.
1. He stays put and is integrated more at Barnsley.

2. He comes back on loan.

3. Tranmere possibly find a small amount of money to buy him outright, which is unlikely unless they could sell someone.

4. Barnsley agreed something along the lines of Motley-Henry for maybe Cook, to negate any transfer monies being sought and do a straight swap.

5. Barnsley release him and Tranmere pounce like a tiger with a coiled spring up it's butt and get him back down the M62, faster than an Eddie Stobart lorry without a trailer attached to the rig.

6. Mark Palios gets his new Chinese drinking buddies to speak the old Deutsch sprechen señor, with Barnsleys new oriental overlords and wangle a favourable outcome for Micky Mellon, that allows Motley-Henry to return in some way.

However that is even less likely than option 3.

To be honest seeing as the club are advertising for a new physio, it's no wonder he's had to go back to Barnsley for his slightly wobbly groin to be given the tea and sympathy treatment, although that would be possible anyway I think for any loan scenario and is the one avenue of recall open to a parent club for any loan situation, whether the deal does or doesn't have a recall option in it.

I don’t think we can loan him again, as we have effectively loaned him twice already. So we either sign him or forget about him.

Let’s face it, the new Barnsley owners only have the premiership in their mind, and he is nowhere near ready for that, so they might as well release him.......

Same as banks at Oldham. The fans don’t want him, and have had runs ins with him on Twitter, so hopefully he can agree to them releasing him as well.

Date: 31 December, 2017 20:38

That would be good if both were released and could be signed as soon as possible.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2018 15:41

I have just been on the Roversrearguard site and they have said that they feel hopeful that DMH will be back at Prenton within the next 3 weeks. With the takeover at Barnsley now being complete some players are beginning to leave the club eg a young keeper going to Stalybridge and the recent loanee at Rovers ,Josh Kay, has been sold to Chesterfield. Roveresrearguard also stated that an unnamed League 2 side are showing interest in DMH.

Another interesting comment on the Roversrearguard site..

'We understand that neither Les Parry nor Chris Malkin have applied for the current vacancy of first team physio at Prenton.'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2018 15:45 by hong kong rover.

Date: 10 January, 2018 00:35

Malkin has his own practice in Heswall, so why would he want to work at Tranmere anyway?

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 15:21

have just had a look on the Roversrearguard site and they have said that DMH has signed on for a further 2 years at Barnsley but it is highly likely that he will soon go out on loan again but they seem to suggest that he could be loaned out to a club in the football league.

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 17:16

Quote:
hong kong rover
have just had a look on the Roversrearguard site and they have said that DMH has signed on for a further 2 years at Barnsley but it is highly likely that he will soon go out on loan again but they seem to suggest that he could be loaned out to a club in the football league.

Hens renegotiated his terms and wage, he will be out of our range I would think now

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net