Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: DMH loan ended?
Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 17:27

According to Mike Jackson, DMH has a groin injury and Barnsley are subject of a take over bid so have recalled him until their future is sorted out.

A return to Rovers has not been ruled out, but it will be ultimately down to Barnsley's new owners to decide his fate.

Re: DMH loan ended?
Posted by: WWStandsure (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 23:08

Well played Dylan lad, Good Luck for your future.

Re: DMH loan ended?
Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 31 December, 2017 00:18

Six possibilities spring to mind.

1. He stays put and is integrated more at Barnsley.

2. He comes back on loan.

3. Tranmere possibly find a small amount of money to buy him outright, which is unlikely unless they could sell someone.

4. Barnsley agreed something along the lines of Motley-Henry for maybe Cook, to negate any transfer monies being sought and do a straight swap.

5. Barnsley release him and Tranmere pounce like a tiger with a coiled spring up it's butt and get him back down the M62, faster than an Eddie Stobart lorry without a trailer attached to the rig.

6. Mark Palios gets his new Chinese drinking buddies to speak the old Deutsch sprechen señor, with Barnsleys new oriental overlords and wangle a favourable outcome for Micky Mellon, that allows Motley-Henry to return in some way.

However that is even less likely than option 3.

To be honest seeing as the club are advertising for a new physio, it's no wonder he's had to go back to Barnsley for his slightly wobbly groin to be given the tea and sympathy treatment, although that would be possible anyway I think for any loan scenario and is the one avenue of recall open to a parent club for any loan situation, whether the deal does or doesn't have a recall option in it.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Re: DMH loan ended?
Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 31 December, 2017 09:49

Quote:
Matt34
Six possibilities spring to mind.
1. He stays put and is integrated more at Barnsley.

2. He comes back on loan.

3. Tranmere possibly find a small amount of money to buy him outright, which is unlikely unless they could sell someone.

4. Barnsley agreed something along the lines of Motley-Henry for maybe Cook, to negate any transfer monies being sought and do a straight swap.

5. Barnsley release him and Tranmere pounce like a tiger with a coiled spring up it's butt and get him back down the M62, faster than an Eddie Stobart lorry without a trailer attached to the rig.

6. Mark Palios gets his new Chinese drinking buddies to speak the old Deutsch sprechen señor, with Barnsleys new oriental overlords and wangle a favourable outcome for Micky Mellon, that allows Motley-Henry to return in some way.

However that is even less likely than option 3.

To be honest seeing as the club are advertising for a new physio, it's no wonder he's had to go back to Barnsley for his slightly wobbly groin to be given the tea and sympathy treatment, although that would be possible anyway I think for any loan scenario and is the one avenue of recall open to a parent club for any loan situation, whether the deal does or doesn't have a recall option in it.

I don’t think we can loan him again, as we have effectively loaned him twice already. So we either sign him or forget about him.

Let’s face it, the new Barnsley owners only have the premiership in their mind, and he is nowhere near ready for that, so they might as well release him.......

Same as banks at Oldham. The fans don’t want him, and have had runs ins with him on Twitter, so hopefully he can agree to them releasing him as well.

Re: DMH loan ended?
Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 31 December, 2017 20:38

That would be good if both were released and could be signed as soon as possible.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Re: DMH loan ended?
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2018 15:41

I have just been on the Roversrearguard site and they have said that they feel hopeful that DMH will be back at Prenton within the next 3 weeks. With the takeover at Barnsley now being complete some players are beginning to leave the club eg a young keeper going to Stalybridge and the recent loanee at Rovers ,Josh Kay, has been sold to Chesterfield. Roveresrearguard also stated that an unnamed League 2 side are showing interest in DMH.


Another interesting comment on the Roversrearguard site..

'We understand that neither Les Parry nor Chris Malkin have applied for the current vacancy of first team physio at Prenton.'



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2018 15:45 by hong kong rover.

Re: DMH loan ended?
Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2018 00:35

Malkin has his own practice in Heswall, so why would he want to work at Tranmere anyway?



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Re: DMH loan ended?
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 15:21

have just had a look on the Roversrearguard site and they have said that DMH has signed on for a further 2 years at Barnsley but it is highly likely that he will soon go out on loan again but they seem to suggest that he could be loaned out to a club in the football league.

Re: DMH loan ended?
Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 17:16

Quote:
hong kong rover
have just had a look on the Roversrearguard site and they have said that DMH has signed on for a further 2 years at Barnsley but it is highly likely that he will soon go out on loan again but they seem to suggest that he could be loaned out to a club in the football league.

Hens renegotiated his terms and wage, he will be out of our range I would think now

Re: DMH loan ended?
Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2018 09:50

It's a sad reflection that the position we now find ourselves and our history of our club count's for nothing now .
That's because we're plying our trade in Non League Football and the majority of Football League club's want their player's to play within the top pyramid and not in a non league set up.

Yes we will pick up the odd player but perhaps they are not up to standard or coming back from injury trouble is the longer we linger in non league our league history will fade even more.

It's getting to be that kid's around the age of five or six now will never or know that we we're once a Football League Club and only play in Non League,even on the likes of FIFA Football Xbox/computer games we do not exist now.

So the quicker we get back up the pyramid the sooner we're back on the Xbox.(Sm106)

Re: DMH loan ended?
Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2018 10:20

Quote:
BELMONT
It's a sad reflection that the position we now find ourselves and our history of our club count's for nothing now .
That's because we're plying our trade in Non League Football and the majority of Football League club's want their player's to play within the top pyramid and not in a non league set up.

Yes we will pick up the odd player but perhaps they are not up to standard or coming back from injury trouble is the longer we linger in non league our league history will fade even more.

It's getting to be that kid's around the age of five or six now will never or know that we we're once a Football League Club and only play in Non League,even on the likes of FIFA Football Xbox/computer games we do not exist now.

So the quicker we get back up the pyramid the sooner we're back on the Xbox.(Sm106)

On behalf of my youngest son, +1!

Re: DMH loan ended?
Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2018 15:05

See DMH has gone on loan to Chesterfield for the rest of the season.

Re: DMH loan ended?
Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2018 00:23

He was actually going to come to Tranmere by driving up the M1, using the M62 and then cutting through Liverpool to the tunnel, but then Chesterfield's manager called in a favour from a mate at the Highways Agency and got him to engineer a cone based detour that forced Dylan to drive to Chesterfield.

Once there another of the managers friends, a trained hypnotist posing as a fan wanting an autograph, convinced him to sign for the Spireites.

Well I might as well get a whopping great stinker of a conspiracy theory out there first, to try and head off the possibility of some people starting a free for all (Sm7)



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Re: DMH loan ended?
Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2018 08:03

Quote:
Matt34
He was actually going to come to Tranmere by driving up the M1, using the M62 and then cutting through Liverpool to the tunnel, but then Chesterfield's manager called in a favour from a mate at the Highways Agency and got him to engineer a cone based detour that forced Dylan to drive to Chesterfield.
Once there another of the managers friends, a trained hypnotist posing as a fan wanting an autograph, convinced him to sign for the Spireites.

Well I might as well get a whopping great stinker of a conspiracy theory out there first, to try and head off the possibility of some people starting a free for all (Sm7)

Either that, or you've been consuming the grass at FGR with Dale! smoking smiley

Re: DMH loan ended?
Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2018 11:21

It’s what Belmont says ,we are a none League side and managers want to loan out players to League sides .in terms of what managers think we are a nothing club .down amongst the dead men ,it does not matter we are a good club and get higher gates than most League clubs we are still none League the stigma hangs like a cloud .we have to do it this season .we now have the squad just need the luck and severe application to get the job done .i think DMH was coming back to us Buxton way via blubberhouses and he spotted the Leaning steeple of the famous spire in Chesterfield and took it as a sign from god pointing to where he should go .and the rest is now like his loan ,history .thats my theory anyway and I am not on the Grass at FGR🤗

Re: DMH loan ended?
Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2018 23:01

However top level clubs will loan to this level. Everton loaned Chester a player last season and Tranmere now have a Burnley player and a few years ago when Tranmere loaned Ryan Brunt from Stoke, he had been at Nantwich and then Luton prior to that and Liverpool let Tranmere have Dunn last season.

Tranmere represent a form side with a great ground and facilities so the [layer can go to somewhere with similar or nearly as good training facilities that offers full-time training and that is a boost.

However some players at top level clubs will be seen as higher level quality by 18/19, so they do go to the championship or league one or two for sure, otherwise Everton could have easily sent Barkley to clubs like Morecambe or Grimsby a few years ago, but they wanted him at somewhere like Sheffield Wednesday.

I think some big clubs are now realising the player is getting to play with some clubs that have league standard grounds and facilities and can train them well enough to have a potential impact on their development.

Obviously I cannot comment on the exact thinking behind Brunt going from Stoke to Nantwich a few years ago, as I have never been part of Stoke football club, but inevitably some clubs will do what they feel is best for the player regarding their initial levels of talent when they are 18/19.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Re: DMH loan ended?
Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2018 20:24

Not in the Chesterfield Squad at all today and only substitute previous game.

Is he injured?

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net