Current Page: 1 of 3
Next up: Guiseley (H)
Posted by: Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 10:38

The stats don't lie - we are the form team in the National League over the last 6 and the last 10 games. This clearly bodes well for the future.

The John King formula of winning home games as the first step is being followed and we have now achieved the first objective of being in the play off positions. Objective two is now to get into the upper play off zone with the third objective being top spot. And that's the secret in our success I think - step by step recovery.

By looking at the next game only and focussing on getting some home wins under our belt, incremental progress has been made. If we only look at getting top spot then the mountain to climb looks huge and daunting, and probably unachievable. So while the old cliche of 'one game at a time' is trotted out and feels a bit overused, it's actually wholly accurate as a strategy to use in the situation we find ourselves in.

And despite the end of Dylan Mottley-Henrys loan deal, we also find ourselves in a strong position squad wise with lots of competition for places. This is hugely significant from now on as most of our rivals have much smaller squads that will always struggle to cope with the rising tide of injuries and suspensions in the latter half of the season.

So confidence is clearly evident as we head into the third game of the Christmas period today against Guiseley. Spirits are up, we are back in contention and we still have DMH for two more games!

The great Johnny King would never quote stats or form tables but would focus on the home form, Christmas fixtures and then see where we were at Easter. That's not a bad recipie I reckon.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2018 08:54 by mini_andy.

Re: Next up: Guiseley (H)
Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 11:55

Going for another home success.....3-0.

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 12:27

2 x 4 goals and 2 x 3 in the last 4 games, got to be 6 today.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 12:28

club website said there was a precautionary pitch inspection at 11:45am and the match officials have said all is ok with the pitch.. 2-0 for the Rovers.

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 12:33

Any score so long as it’s a home win

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 12:38

Patience will be king today, guiseley will come for a point playing a bank of 4 and 5 to condence the space, expect about 6 bookings too.

They will not be as naive as fylde defensively i cannot remember the last time i saw a high back 4 playing an offside trap... that was out thought in the early 90s by having your strikers pressing out with the defence and your midfielders making breaks from deep... no wonder challoner changed at ht .

2-0 to rovers and we all leave with well bitten fingernails . Mcnulty header first and banks screamer for the second.

Happy new year all

Posted by: acc928 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 12:55

Two ex Rovers might line up against us today, Lee Molyneux and Kayode Odejayi. But the man to watch is James Roberts on loan from Oxford...

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 13:47

I’ve got a bad feeling about today for some reason. I’m hoping for a 3-2

Date: 30 December, 2017 14:50

cmon the rovers..

Date: 30 December, 2017 16:24

yessss get in norwood.

Date: 30 December, 2017 16:29

woo hoo 2-0 get in rovers

Date: 30 December, 2017 16:38

3 up happy new year

Date: 30 December, 2017 16:46

4-0 we want 5 lol

Posted by: Pablosammy (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 16:57

Can't complain about that result, I feared the worst at half time! The only downer about today is that Macc held on to their 1-0 lead after going down to 10 men.

Still, all we can do is keep winning. We just need to sort our mediocre away form out, starting on Monday! We could potentially go 2nd...

Up the whites.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2017 16:58 by Pablosammy.

Date: 30 December, 2017 16:59

great result and reckon micky should be on for MOM for December. only downside today was Macc winning, they had their keeper sent off after an hour. everyone dropping points now with the exception of rovers n macc. we now have the best goal diff in the whole division.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2017 17:21 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 17:21

I'm saying it.

Win at Fylde and we'll win the league. I'm at Ribby Hall for new year so already ready!

Posted by: sparky100 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 17:25

HKR, don't put the jinx of MOM on MM! Look what's happened in seasons past!!!!

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 17:44

WOW WHERE DID THAT COME FROM? we have the best goal difference in the division .

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 17:52

The first 20 minutes or so, we looked dangerous and Guiseley looked as if they were there for the taking. The game then turned into more of a scrappy affair, which continued at the start of the second half. We needed Norwood's goal to settle us down and boy did we settle. Some excellent interplay saw us cruise to victory in the end; dare I say it, we looked like champions the way we controlled the latter part of the game. Great to see Kirby playing and for the short time he was on he looked mobile and was up with the pace of the game immediately.How long will we be able to hold on to Clarke; fantastic again with his marauding runs up the wing and tying players up in knots! Like a fine wine, Jennings improved as time went on and looked superb in the second half. Difficult to find fault with anyone's performance, for those who want to look. Really enjoying our current form and our ability to score goals; long may it continue.
"We're on our way.........."

Posted by: Owainsleftglove (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 20:01

All outstanding after Nors scored....but thought Banks was absolute quality ithroughout...no coincidence that we've hit form since his arrival

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net