Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Next up: Guiseley (H)
Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 21:22

Good to see Jake back. Not sure where they get the energy from after so many games in two weeks. And five wins on the bounce. And more players back to full fitness. All positive at the moment.

Posted by: martyd12 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 21:26

The question that needs answering is whether we can get him to stay for the rest of the season. I understand there are ongoing talks about his position and his staying could make a difference as to where we finish in the table. He plays so well with Norburn and Jennings so much so that I believe we are the best side in the division at the moment and our football at times is a joy to watch.
We do not need to make many changes to the side although there are still players to come back. I do not like the persistent talk that Cook will go in the January window as he would attract a fee we would not get at the end of the season. Surely it would be a negative move to let him go now. He had another good game today and the early goal that was disallowed for offside was in fact clearly onside! if that had counted we might have had an absolute hatful.
Praise again is due to Eddy Clarke and I believe in time he will play for England. My only concern is that someone will come in for him in January and a big offer may tempt him away! He must also stay for the time being!

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 21:50

As good as eddie is im not sure hes ready for a step up yet, he makes a lot of naive mistakes.... suttons goai, the header across the box v fylde and the silly turn on the edge of the box v maidstone.

Give him a year to get more experience in making the right defensive decisions and he will be class, i dont think hes better then league 2 at the moment but if he stays he will be

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 22:32

Quote:
martyd12
The question that needs answering is whether we can get him to stay for the rest of the season. I understand there are ongoing talks about his position and his staying could make a difference as to where we finish in the table. He plays so well with Norburn and Jennings so much so that I believe we are the best side in the division at the moment and our football at times is a joy to watch.
We do not need to make many changes to the side although there are still players to come back. I do not like the persistent talk that Cook will go in the January window as he would attract a fee we would not get at the end of the season. Surely it would be a negative move to let him go now. He had another good game today and the early goal that was disallowed for offside was in fact clearly onside! if that had counted we might have had an absolute hatful.
Praise again is due to Eddy Clarke and I believe in time he will play for England. My only concern is that someone will come in for him in January and a big offer may tempt him away! He must also stay for the time being!
I can't argue with any of the points above, Banks really is a class act, the question is could the likes of Hughes/Wallace/Harris make the same impact, Wallace perhaps, but it depends on how he comes back from injury and he is always going to be a little 'fragile'.
It would be a very bad move to let Cook go in January, it would show a lack of ambition at the club, if anything we should be trying to extend his contract by a year. The strike trio of Cook/Norwood/Jennings is really working fantastically well, its taken a long time but the results don't lie.
Eddie is very good, he does make the occasional error, but he will improve with experience, potential England international, we will see, I don't expect anyone to come in for him in January, he would represent a very speculative punt at this stage in his career.
I thought Cole had a good return to the team.

Posted by: WWStandsure (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 23:04

Excellent performance.
Love to hear that Banks signs on for the season (fingers crossed - he's made a massive impact to the side).
Wonderful end to 2017.
Best Wishes to ALL Tranmere Fans around the Globe for 2018, stay safe and Party On....

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 23:28

Brilliant and Connor MoM on our way etc

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 30 December, 2017 23:44

The hardest bit was getting the first goal. Once that happened,it always looked likely that there would be more. Our patience was very positively rewarded.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 31 December, 2017 00:26

Quote:
kennyspint
Brilliant and Connor MoM on our way etc

Yes, 5 wins and only 2 points off second with a game in hand.

An excellent result Jennings hitting a vein of form as of late and long may it continue. I hope Mottley-Henry recovers and can return in some way, as he has been a fairly pivotal part of the upturn in form, as has Banks, so both loans have come good and hopefully both will be sustained until the end of the season.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 31 December, 2017 02:45

That's a good result - having been at the reverse fixture at the beginning of the season I feared the worst at half time. Shame about DMH missing his last 2 games with an injury but on a positive note nice to see Jake finally get back onto the pitch even if only for 10 minutes. He can do something for us as he regains confidence and match fitness. Mike Jackson's comments after the game were also illuminating suggesting that Clarke is now definitely first choice even if Ridelagh is the "best left back in the division." Seen one rumour/ comment elsewhere that Wigan have signed Clarke and loaned him back for the rest of the season. Think that is very unlikely but will be difficult to keep him if he continues to develop as he is. Anyone here heard any such rumours about Clarke?

Date: 31 December, 2017 08:07

The lad in front of me in the paddock told me that rumour too add

Posted by: Kennel (IP Logged)
Date: 31 December, 2017 09:44

I was very pleased that Micky Mellon kept the same formation that has brought us so much success in the last few weeks ....I had feared that he might revert to playing Hughes. I thought Cole had a good game considering he hadn't had a game for quite a while.Well done all.

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 31 December, 2017 10:03

Quote:
Cybertron
Quote:
martyd12
I can't argue with any of the points above, Banks really is a class act, the question is could the likes of Hughes/Wallace/Harris make the same impact, Wallace perhaps, but it depends on how he comes back from injury and he is always going to be a little 'fragile'.
It would be a very bad move to let Cook go in January, it would show a lack of ambition at the club, if anything we should be trying to extend his contract by a year. The strike trio of Cook/Norwood/Jennings is really working fantastically well, its taken a long time but the results don't lie.
Eddie is very good, he does make the occasional error, but he will improve with experience, potential England international, we will see, I don't expect anyone to come in for him in January, he would represent a very speculative punt at this stage in his career.
I thought Cole had a good return to the team.

Banks is far a better footballer than Hughes, Harris. Wallace is the only one with potential to match him dependant on fitness which lets be honest looks unlikely he has spent his whole career on the physios table.

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 31 December, 2017 10:51

Wallace is due to start contact training today. It's still going to be a long way off and I still stand by he was a poor signing. No doubt we need to try and keep Banks. But for the time being life's good and who'd have thought it, a month ago we couldn't buy a goal.

Date: 31 December, 2017 12:23

Rumors, schumors. Some cannot live without 'em. Best wait for official notification.

Posted by: mb53trfc (IP Logged)
Date: 31 December, 2017 15:36

We should do all we can to keep Eddie as he is a class act. They couldn't cope with our football on the floor once the first goal went in. The midfield trio Jennings, Norburn and Banks were all on the money yesterday. Norburn with his changes of direction and Banks in particular. Cole links well but looks like he needs a bit more confidence to make things happen. Loving our football at the moment.

Happy New Year to all Rovers fans wherever you may be.

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 00:45

Quote:
Kennel
I was very pleased that Micky Mellon kept the same formation that has brought us so much success in the last few weeks ....I had feared that he might revert to playing Hughes. I thought Cole had a good game considering he hadn't had a game for quite a while.Well done all.
I thought he was excellent- doing what Dylan did in attracting defenders leaving space elsewhere and also causing damage himself.

Date: 01 January, 2018 01:30

The team is playing very well which is why some past posters have gone awol. Some of the football has been excellent. Micky has stuck to his vision. it demonstrates that one or two players can make all the difference. Long may those posters be absent.

Date: 01 January, 2018 08:08

Well said mate, its easy to find fault but a lot harder to build something from scratch . Today will be a test fylde looked good at pp going forward but we can deffo get at their full backs , i might be tempted to give kirby a run on the right ( yes i know before you say it) gethim cutting in and shooting at what looked a really dodgy keeper at prenton .

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 09:11

Whilst enjoying our current form and the positivity it creates, there's nothing wrong with a bit of honesty if and when we don't hit these heady heights. It is after all a forum, a place for debate and opinion, and not a friendly, back-slapping Utopia (even though it feels like it at the moment!). Equality and diversity reigns! We love you Goosed!

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 10:17

Quote:
853OKG
The team is playing very well which is why some past posters have gone awol. Some of the football has been excellent. Micky has stuck to his vision. it demonstrates that one or two players can make all the difference. Long may those posters be absent.
yes it's been a pleasure reading mostly positive posts.long may it continue

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net