Current Page: 1 of 4
Next up: Fylde (A)
Posted by: Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 11:49

Not even the annoyance of Jools Holland bringing the new year in can affect my confidence and all round good feelings about us at the moment. The deluge of games recently mean that a lot of the analysis of our current position has already been done so I won't go over it all again. Suffice to say that we are doing lots of things right at the moment and we are getting our just rewards.

It's also both heartwarming and confidence boosting to see a message from Mark and Nicola as we head into a pivotal month. I feel that it shows they have their fingers well and truly on the pulse and know exactly what needs to be done to take us forward and ensure sustainability. Clearly there is a bit of 'positive stroking' going on as well but it's their job to accentuate the positives and tell the fans how amazing they are. Lots of owners don't do messages to the fans so we are fortunate to have this regular communication with the top.

The first game that faces us in 2018 is a tough reverse fixture against AFC Fylde but it is one that we should be aiming to win. They have some pace in the team as well as a very good striker in Danny Rowe so we will have to deal with these threats. But I honestly think that it's all about us now and what we do, and I think opposition managers are very aware of the multiple threats that Tranmere Rovers pose.

So let's just have a simple mantra (that can start to day) which is to win every game we play. If we take this outlook into every fixture, promotion will be achieved.

I am looking forward to 2018 Jools, and it's not because of you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2018 18:33 by mini_andy.

Re: Next up: Fylde (A)
Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 12:22

If I were Mellon Head and the league phoned offering a point not to travel I would definatley consider taking it an running, but that said the lads confidence must be high and we can definatley go there and win but equally a loss whilst it won’t do our league climbing a great service isn’t the end of the world and shouldnt harm our season, Fylde are a really good side and definite potential Champs next term and possibly Play off candidates this despite their lower standing at this stage.

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 13:51

It's going to be a testing month. If we do well automatic promotion is a possibility.The large numbers of SWA at Fylde should be the catalyst for another win. I'm going for 1-2 simply because we can't score 4 in every match.Can we ?😃

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 14:38

Ridelagh in for Clarke which strikes me as strange unless he is carrying a slight niggle or it is felt he needs a rest...
Kirby not even on the subs bench which is a concern - really hope he has not suffered any reaction from his 10 minutes back...
Not that confident on the basis of that - would probably take a draw this afternoon and settle for 10 from 12 over the festive period....

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 14:52

cmon the rovers,,, aldershot have just gone 2-1 up at woking with a last min goal in the early game.. they also scored in the last min 2 days ago.

Date: 01 January, 2018 15:27

bloody hell 2 down

Date: 01 January, 2018 15:30

Don’t get the change at the back with Clark, they where all about the pace last week, I’m sure he could have played 90 minutes with a week between matches, don’t like this arguing I’m hearing on the radio, Doesn’t display the attitude of a confident team.

Date: 01 January, 2018 15:35

wtf 3 down

Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 15:37

Cannot all be down to one personnel change. Oh well, first league blip fora while.

Date: 01 January, 2018 15:39

sounds like I am not the only one with a new year hangover, what is it, all at sea today? or all on the drink last night?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2018 15:42 by hong kong rover.

Date: 01 January, 2018 15:49

would like to be a fly on the wall in the rovers dressing room at half time.. didnt sound at all good on the radio, arguing on the pitch, keeper changed..reckon there is gonna be some serious finger pointing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2018 15:51 by hong kong rover.

Date: 01 January, 2018 15:51

What a disaster... Davies substituted as well with an apparent injury though sounds like he is at fault for 2 of the goals!
Apparently arguments everywhere, passes going backwards and booed off at half time! As 853OKG says surely Clarke not being in the starting 11 can't explain this... DMH being missed maybe also but surely Clarke must come on for the second half as if nothing else we need to try and protect the goal difference?

Date: 01 January, 2018 15:59

can we blame that first half performance on us having played 4 games in the past 9 or 10 days?????

Date: 01 January, 2018 16:02

Quote:
hong kong rover
can we blame that first half performance on us having played 4 games in the past 9 or 10 days?????

Hasn’t bothered Fylde, we were always going to get beat, they were fantastic at our place, really unlucky. IMO they are the best side in the division, they will win the playoffs! We just don’t need a hammering to hammer the confidence, defeat isn’t a bad result a hammering is.

Posted by: HardlyYardley (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 16:04

Quote:
hong kong rover
No. And I doubt we'll catch Macclesfield now.

Date: 01 January, 2018 16:04

Quote:
hong kong rover
So have Fylde... anyhow Clarke on for Cole - interesting!

Date: 01 January, 2018 16:06

If we win this from here we win the league!

Date: 01 January, 2018 16:08

Quote:
Higgosboots

bold statement higgo lol

Date: 01 January, 2018 16:12

omg four.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2018 16:13 by hong kong rover.

Date: 01 January, 2018 16:15

Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Higgosboots

bold statement higgo lol

That’s as it’s a given we will lose! (Sm22)

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net