Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Next up: Fylde (A)
Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 January, 2018 16:11

Quote:
Hoots Mon
I should have realised when I parked my car outside the church graveyard on the main road that it was tempting providence for the continuance of our winning run.
well we were dead and buried before half time. .let's hope we are resorected for the weekend.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 02 January, 2018 16:28

for anyone that is interested ( not many I would think ) yesterdays goals are on the club website, NOT GOOD VIEWING.. best cover your eyes or put a blindfold on for Fyldes 5th n final goal, all I will say about it is OMFG.

Posted by: Wirral Mike (IP Logged)
Date: 02 January, 2018 18:05

Did not go to Kirkham yesterday but massive respect to all those who did. Will not seek to comment on the match itself based on a radio commentary and will rightly defer to those who went and saw the game. It was however obvious to me even against lowly Guiseley that DMH is badly missed...maybe BT to come back and add some pace? And dropping - or 'resting'- Clarke denied us another outlet. One bad match should not determine a season but after our 'indifferent' (to be polite) start to the season we can't really afford any more serious blips or wobbles and the next two away games will tell us a lot about MM and the team. But it was not all doom and gloom yesterday as three of our rivals (Wrexham, Sutton and Dover) all conceded very late on to only draw their games and Dagenham could only manage a 0-0 with Orient. So still all to play for but it does like Macc are now putting some blue water between themselves and the rest of the pack. Another Wembley trip? And I am sure I am not alone in noticing that FGR might be back in the National League this time next year. Well, their chairman did say it would be easy for them to get out of League 2!

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 02 January, 2018 19:08

Standard Birko or Liverpool night out was the reason. Can only laugh really. Other than that Eddie C better be back in the starting line up at Burton as he didn’t deserve to lose his place.

Posted by: Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)
Date: 02 January, 2018 19:13

Quote:
TranmereFan
Standard Birko or Liverpool night out was the reason. Can only laugh really. Other than that Eddie C better be back in the starting line up at Burton as he didn’t deserve to lose his place.

Burton????!!!!

Posted by: martyd12 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 January, 2018 19:14

Burton!?? so we have been promoted already! No more booze for you Tranmere Fan!!

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 02 January, 2018 19:21

Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Hoots Mon
I should have realised when I parked my car outside the church graveyard on the main road that it was tempting providence for the continuance of our winning run.
well we were dead and buried before half time. .let's hope we are resorected for the weekend.

Your lucky hoots i was a good mile up the road past the cemetery and lord dud it rain

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 02 January, 2018 20:19

Quote:
martyd12
Burton!?? so we have been promoted already! No more booze for you Tranmere Fan!!

Hahahha, good spot, would look a bit of a @#$%& when I turn up there on Saturday! Haha. Thanks for the tip.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 January, 2018 23:53

Well Palios wants Tranmere to get back to the championship, so presumably with some Chinese influence the FA could allow Tranmere a triple promotion, if they come top or win the playoffs in May.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 03 January, 2018 10:22

Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Phil65
Funny the unwritten no criticism rule; an example being a few fans who were vociferous in their response to anyone who was critical at the game today,yet left ten minutes before the end; 14 minutes if you include the added time (I'm sure they'll view themselves as "proper" supporters). I'm not going to be fluffy about our performance, we were dire in the first half today and only one team were up for a battle; our pretty football didn't work and we were left wanting. A slight improvement second half, but we couldn't be any worse. On the subject of Davies, many were blaming him for at least two of the goals and if parrying the ball straight back in front of him on two occasions is okay, then he's not to blame. Fylde are an average side in an average league, but definitely had more grit and determination than us today. A massive reality check, hard to take, but I do have confidence that we will learn from it and move on. Having said that, people will only learn if they accept their performance was under par and indeed, that mistakes were made. Brought a wry smile to my face when the Fylde fans chanted "You're getting beat by a pub team". Banks goal was a cracker (had to finish on a positive!)

Phil, not sure what u are saying in your first couple of lines, but it appears you are doing a bit of fan bashing. Just because some departed early. Why when the support has been superb for a long while have a few started posting about missing posters and how they should stay away. If you want a forum for kiss ass, they start a Trfc love in. If you want true fans view, expect thing you may not like.

Steady on aktrfc, you're completely missing my point; I suggest you read it again or perhaps I should be less cryptic. By the way, what are true fans? I like to think I'm honest and the least kiss ass person. I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving early today and am happy to accept people voting with their feet; just had a pop at the few mouthy kiss asses stood close to me who hypocritically left early today after berating anyone else who said or did anything they perceived as being negative. Hope that's clearer; no offence intended. We deserved better today, but to be fair, we have been spoilt of late.

No offence ment Phil, just couldn't work out what you were saying. When I use the term true fan, I mean any supporter who's not afraid to say what they think. We all see it different and I think this forum would be rubbish if we all just, as you put it kiss ass

A true fan also gives praise when it is due. There have been some posters now absent who only ever criticised. And I am not referring to you or Phil.obviousky.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2018 10:24 by 853OKG.

Current Page: 4 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net