Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 16:19

Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Higgosboots
If we win this from here we win the league!

bold statement higgo lol

That’s as it’s a given we will lose! (Sm22)

lol, weve clawed one back but when we went 4 down I had to check whether I was tuned into wirral radio or the goon show.

Re: Next up: Fylde (A)
Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 16:23

Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Higgosboots
If we win this from here we win the league!

bold statement higgo lol

That’s as it’s a given we will lose! (Sm22)

lol, weve clawed one back but when we went 4 down I had to check whether I was tuned into wirral radio or the goon show.

I’m only listening on the radio but to be fair to them they didn’t deserve to lose 4-1 to us last week, we played well but they played equally aswell, very very very good side, I feared we would get a shoeing today, can’t win every game, just a pity that Mac are winning too.

Date: 01 January, 2018 16:54

6-6 on aggregate, but we go thru on away goals lol

Posted by: jonesy792 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 16:54

Horror show.

Macclesfield showing us how it’s done. To win the league , you need consistent form. They’ve got it, we haven’t

Date: 01 January, 2018 16:55

Meh, come on the playoffs, WEMBELEY!!!!

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 16:59

I'm not saying dropping Clarke had anything to do with the result, but why do it. What did we expect to get from changing a winning formula. Thinking DMH may be a bigger miss than I hoped. O well should be home in an hour.

Date: 01 January, 2018 17:07

Macc n Shots win today, other results at the top..

Maidstone 2-2 Dover,, Maidstone equalize in last min

Sutton 1-1 Borehamwood,, Borehamwood equalize in last min

Wrexham 3-3 Barrow,, Barrow equalize in last min.

Date: 01 January, 2018 17:09

MoM award strikes again and it hasn’t even been awarded, maybe you just have to be in contention for the dreaded drop in form.

Can’t understand the changes, sounded like a lot of animosity out their. Wirral radio reckon Mangan going to Oldham, is that good for Banks staying here I wonder?

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 17:24

Listened on Wirral Radio today, having been to the last 3, it sounds like as a team we never really switched on, the only bright side today was that apart from Aldershot at Macc no one else around the playoffs won.I don't think any side will look forward to playing Fylde. Long chat with the team required by MM, but important to look at the last 5 results too.

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 17:30

I wasn't able to go today or listen on the radio.

in the reverse fixture Fylde looked a useful side and expected a hard game but, we don't usually concede this many were we that bad?

Seem to recall losing 4-2 at Macc last Christmas with another large away following. Just a reality check or wake up call or worse?

With DMH we managed to contain their full back last two games(including today's) DMH is a big miss.

Fortunately, only Macc and Aldershot won today hopefully, back to normal service next week?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2018 18:21 by Jack of all Trades.

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 18:10

I left after 70 mins, shocking. Even the first half I went for a cuppa at 35 minutes and didn't get served until the second half.

The linesman had a stinker, the weather was horrible and there was a definite missing drive with rides back.

The weather did play a part but both sides had it. Hoping it was a blip but they weren't great, their defence flopped a fair bit but we didn't have a cat amongst the pigeons.

Playoffs it is.

Date: 01 January, 2018 18:29

The match report suggests Scotty to blame for at least two goals and subbed?

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 18:30

Bad half of football which we were punished for. Cant blame davies first was a reaction save which was tapped in by rowe, second norburn gave posession away and the third ridehalgh dived in and the winger skipped past him.

We have been playing superbly with wingers the last few months yet we go with no width today bizarre

Date: 01 January, 2018 18:41

It was noticeable against Guiseley how we were less effective with Larnall Cole, he played well enough but not as good as DMH in that position.

Defensively Eddie still has a lot to learn but, IMO, is as good as Liam. We benefit by has effective wing back play which, puts our opponents under pressure and relieves the defence.

Was MM trying to be too clever with the team selection today?

If it's not broken why change it?

Even allowing for the weather and an anticipated hard return game never expected to concede five.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2018 19:21 by Jack of all Trades.

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 18:55

Agree with Jack. If it's not broken don't try to fix. I don't think that Clarke is as good as rides at defending, but we are winning by not defending and pushing forward. Every team we play will know that EC is going to get down the wing at a great rate of nots, so they won't commit. If we are looking for a draw, then yes go with rides. Our kids just said that Wirral radio had a go at us fans when Scott went off, we were cheering him for going off. Well sorry Wirral radio you got it wrong, myself and all around me clapped him off as the true pro he is.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 18:57

Quote:
Jack of all Trades

Ruptured his groin, he'll be out for a while.

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 19:02

Funny the unwritten no criticism rule; an example being a few fans who were vociferous in their response to anyone who was critical at the game today,yet left ten minutes before the end; 14 minutes if you include the added time (I'm sure they'll view themselves as "proper" supporters). I'm not going to be fluffy about our performance, we were dire in the first half today and only one team were up for a battle; our pretty football didn't work and we were left wanting. A slight improvement second half, but we couldn't be any worse. On the subject of Davies, many were blaming him for at least two of the goals and if parrying the ball straight back in front of him on two occasions is okay, then he's not to blame. Fylde are an average side in an average league, but definitely had more grit and determination than us today. A massive reality check, hard to take, but I do have confidence that we will learn from it and move on. Having said that, people will only learn if they accept their performance was under par and indeed, that mistakes were made. Brought a wry smile to my face when the Fylde fans chanted "You're getting beat by a pub team". Banks goal was a cracker (had to finish on a positive!)

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 19:02

Quote:
Jack of all Trades

Scotty apparently has a ruptured groin-the pummelling and trampling he got from Montrose and Rowe early on wouldn't have helped. But he also was seen to look ill before the game,so perhaps he shouldn't have started. At least four of the goals were mistakes/preventable[the fourth one I'm not sure about as it was a header from a free kick down the other end] The first one was scored by Rowe's knee. Banks' goal was the best one but it was far too late then.

Date: 01 January, 2018 19:35

Whilst our overall improvement has been a joy to watch particularly at home, it is our away form which gives me most concern this season.

The last two seasons, we have been very good away from home this season we have been mediocre at best. Our early season away form was poor and even writing off today's performance as a one off, we simply do not appear as effective away from home.

Whether this is tactics or personnel I don't know. Home form should remain consistently good but, away, we still require a significant improvement to consolidate at least a playoff position.

P13 W3 D5 L5 F12 A15

I think we lost 3 games away in each of the last two seasons?

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 01 January, 2018 19:37

Our winning streak had to come to an end at some point, and I would rather it was against a team below us. We’re still in this race!

Current Page: 2 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net