Current Page: 1 of 2
Mcdonagh gone
Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 03 January, 2018 11:46

Just said goodbye on twitter

Re: Mcdonagh gone
Posted by: Su- y- army (IP Logged)
Date: 03 January, 2018 12:20

Goodbye good luck think it's time to give up his day job,maybe a shop manaquin as he likes standing around so much when he came on the pitch

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 03 January, 2018 13:07

So we're down to two strikers plus three out on loan. Not sure the return of Mangan and Waring does a lot for us so maybe bring in another loanee until the end of the season?

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 03 January, 2018 13:11

Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
So we're down to two strikers plus three out on loan. Not sure the return of Mangan and Waring does a lot for us so maybe bring in another loanee until the end of the season?

If rumours are to be believed,count Mangan out, he's on his way to Oldham.

If Mangan does leave, then Cook & Norwood need to work harder and make every shot count.

We keep hearing that there's no more money, so I guess we can rule out buying / loaning another 20+ a season striker then?

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 03 January, 2018 13:19

Can't see Mangan going to a league club, he's done nothing this season.
Any new striker will presumably be funded by farming players out on loan again, unless anyone does leave in the window.

Posted by: TimmySoft (IP Logged)
Date: 03 January, 2018 13:25

I think both Jennings and Cole can play just off a striker, the rate Connor is scoring at currently we might as well play with no strikers!

Mangan is made for league football, he’s struggled with the ref decisions and the physicality if the national league, but under that lack of confidence there’s a decent league player

Posted by: Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 03 January, 2018 13:59

I know its been mentioned in the past but does the transfer window operate in the National league m, I thought maybe it didn't?

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 03 January, 2018 18:58

I was prepared to reserve judgement until after a few games because on his debut he was pretty poor.

Unfortunately, he hasn't improved and IMO was a wage wasted. For a big player he was pretty useless in the air, in fact he makes Alabi look a world better in the air.

Just a thought, if Alabi returns do we think he will be any better, although he has only been a substitute in the last few games and scored one goal?

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 03 January, 2018 19:10

Didn’t show anything at any time that I ever thought improved us.

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 03 January, 2018 19:11

Can’t see anyone coming in. Jennings on fire, Cook and Norwood playing well, Kirby played up front for his short spell under MM last season and scored some goals he was in fact the “fox in the box” we are missing. Cole can play up top also. We still have Devarne Green on the books and Andy Mangan on loan, Tollit is due back. The rumour is Mangan to Oldham that could lead to a potential swap for Banks, May well be that deal was done at the initial loan of Banks in exchange for Managan once the league window opened up. No window in NL as we know so MM will probably see a keeper as the priority with Davies out.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Davies released depending on the severity of the injury or even Pilling. Waring & Alabi will be shipped out I would think. We will probably see some sort of loaner coming in up front from a Championship, League 1 reserve side. Problem is GK is the hardest position to find a player anyway never mind mid season, closely followed by a striker.

Interesting times that may make or break us.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 03 January, 2018 20:47

Pilling wont be realeased we turned hard cash down for him in the summer from a championship side

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 03 January, 2018 20:59

Quote:
the kav
Pilling wont be realeased we turned hard cash down for him in the summer from a championship side

On loan.....

Posted by: coltran (IP Logged)
Date: 04 January, 2018 09:35

You never know. Alabi might surprise us all and suddenly come good. I'm not holding my breath though!!!

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 04 January, 2018 16:02

Quote:
coltran
You never know. Alabi might surprise us all and suddenly come good. I'm not holding my breath though!!!
LOL Neither am I... he was terrible at Torquay and from what I saw never got any better... unfortunately as he has done absolutely nothing at Dover they are likely not to extend unless the rumoured season long loan was in fact signed... the only saving grace is that presumably the tribunal settlement with Chester will be much less than otherwise!
Waring if he comes back however probably offers something...Kirby also can play up front though not as a target man.

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 04 January, 2018 18:27

I would like to see Jake given a chance in Larnall Cole's(DMH) position.

From memory, that was the position he was playing before his injury. Jake is quick and a more robust build to Larnall and providing he has lost none of his pace through the injury could do a worthwhile job.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 05 January, 2018 13:57

Quote:
coltran

That would not be a surprise. It would be a downright shock. It still baffles me that paid to gain his service

Posted by: DCTRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 05 January, 2018 14:12

Waring looks the best prospect from the 3 out on loan if based on goal to minutes return if anything else. Alabi looks no better than any of the strikers I see in the National South, Truro’s Cody Cooke is a far far better striker and he works as a lecturer during the week!!

Posted by: Robbie126 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 January, 2018 15:09

Alabi scored more goals in 20 minutes against Lairds than he's managed in the 5 months since! Thats probably his level, with no disrespect to Lairds!

Posted by: efc0trfc3 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 January, 2018 16:42

Quote:
pez
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

If Mangan does leave, then Cook & Norwood need to work harder and make every shot count.

We keep hearing that there's no more money, so I guess we can rule out buying / loaning another 20+ a season striker then?
I don't understand that comment. Why do Cook & Norwood need to work harder if Mangan leaves?

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 05 January, 2018 20:11

Quote:
efc0trfc3
Quote:
pez
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

I don't understand that comment. Why do Cook & Norwood need to work harder if Mangan leaves?

Because our bench options are getting smaller and smaller and there's allegedly no more money to bring anyone in???

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net