Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Davies Injured
Posted by: Old Rover (IP Logged)
Date: 04 January, 2018 21:24

If Pilling is not ready for the first team why is he on the bench. If he's good enough to play international football he should be good enough for us

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 04 January, 2018 23:09

Quote:
Old Rover
If Pilling is not ready for the first team why is he on the bench. If he's good enough to play international football he should be good enough for us
+1 I watched the 'highlights' of the Fylde game and it looked like the whole defence apart from Steve had a meltdown. Goal 4 should have been headed clear and 5 was a mistake by Buxton, apart from that Pilling did make a couple of good saves. I would give him a run in goal, but it is easy for me to say as my job isn't on the line if it goes badly.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 05 January, 2018 13:42

At this point all our views represent opinion. It will take run of games before anything becomes evidence. He looks like a promising keeper but I am not over convinced by the international argument. A lot of under 21 players,especially those of Wales and Ireland do not become established professionals

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 January, 2018 22:56

Some internationals would not even be right for NL level. It could be seen as a sense of pride, to play as first choice in any position in the Andorran first 11, as an example, but unrealistic to think you could even get a move to an NL club, as many of those types of players would barely warrant NLS or NLN contracts.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 05 January, 2018 23:34

[quote DevonExile]At this point all our views represent opinion. It will take run of games before anything becomes evidence. He looks like a promising keeper but I am not over convinced by the international argument. A lot of under 21 players,especially those of Wales and Ireland do not become established professionals[/quote
Plus 'a lot' ]

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net