Current Page: 1 of 5
Alabi
Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2018 10:07

Just read that Dover have said that he never told them about going to Ebbsfleet he never turned up for training and was then spotted watching an Ebbsfleet game ,the plot thickens

Re: Alabi
Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2018 10:19

He doesn't have to tell them, if we had accepted an offer from them which hasn't been reported by a club then it's the club who would recall him or give them the news that he'd agreed terms.

Other than the silly social media postings from him in London around the time and not turning up for training (we've all taken a day off work because we can't be bothered), he's done nothing wrong in my book.

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2018 10:20

Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Just read that Dover have said that he never told them about going to Ebbsfleet he never turned up for training and was then spotted watching an Ebbsfleet game ,the plot thickens
He was on the bench for them yesterday against Orient (FA Trophy)

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2018 10:25

Just a thought, with the way the team has been playing over the last two/three months and the confidence being shown in every game, would he if recalled, do any better?

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2018 10:39

Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Just a thought, with the way the team has been playing over the last two/three months and the confidence being shown in every game, would he if recalled, do any better?
Who would you drop to bring him into the starting line up? In recent games one or other of them usually scores.

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2018 11:32

I was thinking more of reintroduction into the squad and used from the bench, on current form Nors, Cookie and Connor IMO are automatic choices.

It was just a point for discussion and I forgot, we would have to pay all his wages if he returned.

Date: 04 February, 2018 11:41

This may not go down with too many people but he's someone that if it's a very close game in the run-in and you needed to play on the counter then that seems to be his sort of game, so he could always be useful if ever recalled in that regard.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2018 12:54

I remember the Chester away game on tv and Alabi played for them and I thought I like the looks of this guy ,big and strong ,we could do worse ,when MM signed him I thought ,just what we need, I don’t know if he was played out of position ,attitude or what ,I definitely seen something in him l personally suspect his attitude ,missing training is not the way to a managers heart but I don’t think we will see him playing in a rovers shirt any day soon .but hey this is Tranmere Rovers

Date: 04 February, 2018 13:00

Sounds like a cheeky £1 bet on him to be top goal-scorer in L2 next year with us. Imagine the odds...

Posted by: sparky100 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2018 13:17

The odds would be better on Wallace playing a full season uninjured than Alabi being top goal scorer in any league!!!!!

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2018 14:04

To be fair to Alibi (because I'm trying to provide one for him) from what I have seen of him and having lengthy conversations with Chester supporters, he's much more suited to quick counter-attacking. Our build-up play in the past has been quite slow, but has improved of late. I might be trying to polish a turd, but failing that I'll sprinkle some glitter on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 14:07 by Phil65.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2018 14:34

The evidence is that he is not good enough for either Rovers or Dover.Subtract his pens for Chster and his scoring record even there was not that prolific.
He has become emblematic of out confused start to the season,when oddly MM appeared to lack self confidence about his own judgements.
There is a good spirit in the squad at present, personally I would not want to risk that by his coming back

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2018 20:47

Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2018 03:59 by ADD.

Posted by: 4ever_Yardley (IP Logged)
Date: 05 February, 2018 14:48

Cue Thin Lizzy: 'Waiting for an Alabi'.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 05 February, 2018 17:49

Quote:
4ever_Yardley

nice one, probably right up there as one of my fave Lizzy songs. luv Phil Lynotts thumping bass line in that tune and those dual guitars are something else.. rock n roll

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2018 18:20 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 February, 2018 22:18

Alibi Annie by Trifle.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: efc0trfc3 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 February, 2018 08:26

Quote:
rossb07
Sounds like a cheeky £1 bet on him to be top goal-scorer in L2 next year with us. Imagine the odds...
You might as well throw your £1 coin in Jesters bucket!

Posted by: efc0trfc3 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 February, 2018 08:29

Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
4ever_Yardley

nice one, probably right up there as one of my fave Lizzy songs. luv Phil Lynotts thumping bass line in that tune and those dual guitars are something else.. rock n roll
Im off to see Brian Downey's Alive & Dangerous in London straight after the Orient game.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 06 February, 2018 08:35

Quote:
efc0trfc3
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
4ever_Yardley

Im off to see Brian Downey's Alive & Dangerous in London straight after the Orient game.

Nice one. Have a great time. I am well envious. Watching the rovers pick up 3 pts and listening to some quality music. A truly great rock n roll drummer and very much underrated too.. reckon he will be belting those drums with those tunes, johnny, bad reputation and sha-la-la.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2018 08:46 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)
Date: 07 February, 2018 10:10

My money is on Cook and Norwood being sent off in the second leg of our play-off semi-final win against Dover (our 9 men protecting a 2 goal lead), and then an Alabi hat-trick at Wembley gaining us promotion.

Current Page: 1 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net