Current Page: 1 of 3
Wirral radio
Posted by: ming05 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 11:25

Just seen it's shutting down this is awful news as now we are stuck with 2 seconds on city or Merseyside. And plus the far distance fans HKR for instance won't be able to listen to the great coverage.

Re: Wirral radio
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 12:04

Thats really sad news to hear. I listen all the time to full match commentary. They have been fantastic with their coverage of the Rovers and I sure will miss them along with the dulcet tones of Higgy as co commentator..what the hell am I gonna do with my Saturday evenings now? If I cant get other radio stations from the areas that the teams we are playing against then it means more time having to listen to the missus groan groan.

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 12:34

Terrible news! Time to start a pirate Rovers station!

Date: 09 February, 2018 12:41

Mr Palios is an expert at rescuing companies from the brink, could he step in?

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 12:56

Haven't used it but what about mixlr ?

Posted by: JK JD (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 12:58

Nicola tweeted a response to Wirral Radio's tweet :

Really sad news - Let’s put our heads together to see if there is any way of salvaging something...

Date: 09 February, 2018 13:08

I fully understand that Mr n Mrs Palios have their hands full with TRFC and the Chinese dealings but would they know anyone that could help out?

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 13:10

[mixlr.com]

For tomorrow at the very least.

Date: 09 February, 2018 14:07

Quote:
rossb07
http://mixlr.com/tranmere-rovers/
For tomorrow at the very least.

thks ross, I don't know anything about that but I will see if I can get any luck with it tmrw.

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 16:55

I’m gutted about this. They weren’t perfect, but they were volunteers and did a good enough job.

I’ll have to listen to the Tranmere feed now. Which, as much of a nice chap he seams to be, Paul Harper is not a commentator. Rovers should employ Phil and Rob.

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 17:19

Do we know why they have stopped so suddenly. is it finance? or work commitments?

Posted by: CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 17:29

A very professional job I thought. Knowledgeable and passionate.

I really hope the club can work something out with them.

Posted by: Yiggsy (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 18:13

Gutted for them and for those who can't make the game and now can't listen to the commentary.

My missus used to have it on all day as they had a good mix of music as well.

All the best to those at the station, if you read this forum. Hope something can be worked out for you.

Could someone tell me how that mixlr works, please? Does it have a commentary? TYIA.

Date: 09 February, 2018 18:17

Quote:
Yiggsy
Gutted for them and for those who can't make the game and now can't listen to the commentary.
My missus used to have it on all day as they had a good mix of music as well.

All the best to those at the station, if you read this forum. Hope something can be worked out for you.

Could someone tell me how that mixlr works, please? Does it have a commentary? TYIA.

Yea you just click on the link and listen, but it’s paul harper and Andy Doyle commentating, who are both nice guys, but not commentators (I can say that because Paul slagged this forum off).

Get Phil and Higgy/Rob on Mixlr and all will be good

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 18:42

Gutted, how will I listen to away games? (Sm103)

Posted by: chrisprover (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 19:37

I thought wirral radio was great as I am living in Scotland it was really good to listen to the games, although it is not that relaxing listening to Tranmere in them tight games.

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 22:45

Will really miss the commentary but not little Jimmy in Liscard presumably the Leah of advertising revenue contributed

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 22:49

I guess in the short time we could simply tune into the local station on the web of the team we are playing and get coverage .....

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 22:54

Imagine if the best thing about Wirral Radio was the Tranmere commentary......

Date: 09 February, 2018 23:08

The match will be on 92.1fm tomorrow for all you local guys. Those of us that need a web link will be listening to mixlr I guess

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net