Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 13:37

Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
NickNotTheGreek
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Think the radio was talking about the effort just after half time when Norwood nicked the ball off the last defender but, with just the keeper to beat, put it over the bar. Wasn't a crowded box for that one.

Yeah that’s the one. Just after half time the commentator said it.

So just his opinion then? Different from mine.

It'd be worth seeing the replay. I was in the West Stand, directly opposite the Rovers fans, on the back row and from there you could see Nors was definitely goal-side of his defender. The only other player in the box was the keeper so your mention of a crowded box threw me a bit.

On a different point, there was one incident in the first half when Orient were breaking down the left only for the ref to pull play back because of a linesman's flag, back deep in their half. It restarted with a throw in, even though the incident took place right in front of the linesman and the ball never got within a yard of the touchline! Most bizarre throw in I, and those around me, have ever seen awarded.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2018 13:38 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Re: Wirral radio
Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 14:53

Broadcasting today as normal. Fingers crossed.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 17:18

just about to retire to bed here in HK and quickly checked to see if wirral radio are broadcasting , and they are. Whats going on? thought they had closed down..

Posted by: CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 17:46

I'm confused. I tried to connect and for silence.

Posted by: JK JD (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 20:46

This is their latest tweet:
Thank you for all your support and kind messages. You can still continue to listen to our non stop music output on DAB 92.1FM via our app & online at wirralradio.co.uk. Keep checking back for updates. #wearewirral

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 20:49

It's working fine on the app on my IPad. It doesn't always play automatically and I have to hop from the home screen to the schedule list and back again until the "listen live" option comes up and then I click on to listen. Not sure why it does this though?

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 00:21

I see that 2000 people tuned in to listen to them on Saturday (as well as all those that listened on FM, and 1200 that listened to tranmere own commantry on mixlr)

Date: 17 February, 2018 10:47

Hoping they will have commentary for the game and that I can get it online. Does anyone know if they will be broadcasting on the match today?

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2018 10:58

[twitter.com]

Top pinned post, looks like they could be back for good. Hopefully...

Date: 17 February, 2018 11:00

Quote:
rossb07
https://twitter.com/WirralRadio921
Top pinned post, looks like they could be back for good. Hopefully...

thks ross.

Date: 17 February, 2018 15:52

listening to wirral radio today for match commentary and they are asking for listeners to help out with contributions to keep them on air and seems as if quite a few people are donating. I am gonna send some money off to them and hope that it can help out a little.

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2018 08:16

Had a chat with Rob Edwards after the game, he doesn't know what's happening, just that they are trying to raise money.

Posted by: trfc-boi (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2018 22:20

Wirral radio 92.1fm back on Air....2 presenters having there own sit in....takeover...good on them, crowdingfunding page is very ambitious, quess any amount helps, to keep the station running they say, be real shame to lose these lot....volunteers aswell !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/02/2018 22:21 by trfc-boi.

Posted by: stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)
Date: 05 March, 2018 12:22

Just been emailed by the crowd funding people to say that the crowd funding for Wirral Radio has failed, all monies will be returned. So I guess that's the end of Wirral Radio unless you guys know any different.
Sad.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 05 March, 2018 19:55

Sad news.The club broadcasting is dire.Even worse than watching Nan City v Chelsea. Perhaps MP could look at geeting something better than the current quality which is far worst than some clubs provide.It is an important way of engaging supporters and giving the club a public profile

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 March, 2018 22:58

Quote:
DevonExile
Even worse than watching Nan City v Chelsea.

That would be a one sided game if Chelsea played against 11 women over 65 (Sm7)

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Date: 06 March, 2018 08:05

Very sad news

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2018 19:28

I might get stick for this....but....apart from the Tranmere commentary, Wirral Radio was pretty awful. I used to leave it on after the game and the music wasn't for me and too much talk on the other shows.

Bit harsh I know, but surely we could find a way to get the Wirral Radio commentary team on a host site somewhere?

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 07 March, 2018 07:24

Quote:
Hardly Irons
I might get stick for this....but....apart from the Tranmere commentary, Wirral Radio was pretty awful. I used to leave it on after the game and the music wasn't for me and too much talk on the other shows.
Bit harsh I know, but surely we could find a way to get the Wirral Radio commentary team on a host site somewhere?

I know where you’re coming from hardly, tried the breakfast show, and let’s just say it didn’t stay on long.

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net